Thread: MBB: What to Expect in 2021-22

UL Basketball MBB: What to Expect in 2021-22

I think this is a win-win. Cedric gets exposure at a P5, which he wanted. Yes, the Cajuns lose experience, but also a ball dominant guard. Hopefully, this can lead to a more diversified offense.

Default Re MBB: What to Expect in 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I think this is a win-win. Cedric gets exposure at a P5, which he wanted. Yes, the Cajuns lose experience, but also a ball dominant guard. Hopefully, this can lead to a more diversified offense.
    In my opinion there is zero chance of a more diverse offense. More diversity in scoring, perhaps, but we will continue to be very static away from the ball and poorly spaced; instead we will run ball screens and/or just dribble around the three point line until we have 8 seconds left on the shot clock and jack up contested threes.

3. UL Basketball Re MBB: What to Expect in 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    In my opinion there is zero chance of a more diverse offense. More diversity in scoring, perhaps, but we will continue to be very static away from the ball and poorly spaced; instead we will run ball screens and/or just dribble around the three point line until we have 8 seconds left on the shot clock and jack up contested threes.
    After so many years of the same, it is very difficult to argue with this analysis.

Actually running a correct screen might be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    The only time we ever really did this was for frank Bartley. He wasn't the quickest guard in the world but we ran him off that little curl screen around the free throw line extended area and he was deadly. I miss seeing that.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Pet peeve of mine. They never set the pick, it's like a faux pick.

Louisiana Re MBB: What to Expect in 2021-22

Just watch how stuffed our Marlin offense is when he tries to play Kobe, Brown, and Awkuba together. He does not know how to play to strengths. He's going to just do his dribble drive crap that is easily defended because we have no shooters and a clogged lane. Instead of giving the ball to the post.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    He likes to run a lot of slip screens.

Brown doesn't impress. He'll do ok against lesser competition, but not against more physical, taller players. Looks to be overrated.

10. Default Re MBB: What to Expect in 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Brown doesn't impress. He'll do ok against lesser competition, but not against more physical, taller players. Looks to be overrated.
    Soft, doesn’t play hard and can’t finish around the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Soft, doesn’t play hard and can’t finish around the rim.
    No one on this team can finish around the rim.

Default Re: Re MBB: What to Expect in 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    You mean fruity pick...shirts vs blouses

Thread Information