Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MLB Draft

Default Re: MLB Draft

It sure would be nice if "several" people on this board would grow up and start acting like adults!

2. Default Re: MLB Draft

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I was wondering who would be the first to take a great day for this two young men and use it to bash the staff.

I should have known............
    Oh, calm down. Probably didn’t need to be said but I was celebrating a very important day yesterday, had a couple early bourbons and posted it. I’m not sure when the truth started being so taboo. Maybe we’re back to the days where you literally can’t say anything but positive things about baseball without fear of retribution.

Congrats to Spencer and Connor. Earned and deserved opportunity to chase their dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    It sure would be nice if "several" people on this board would grow up and start acting like adults!
    I really don't have an issue with how folks feel. But my point is, first, we should be acknowledging the accomplishments of these two young men.

The other point is, what's done is done. Changes that many have asked for have been made.

How about we look AHEAD instead of behind us?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Oh, calm down. Probably didn’t need to be said but I was celebrating a very important day yesterday, had a couple early bourbons and posted it. I’m not sure when the truth started being so taboo. Maybe we’re back to the days where you literally can’t say anything but positive things about baseball without fear of retribution.

Congrats to Spencer and Connor. Earned and deserved opportunity to chase their dream.
    Truth and opinion often are two different things.

5. Default Re: MLB Draft

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Truth and opinion often are two different things.
    They absolutely are. However, it is fact that we won 32 games with 2 top 10 round pitchers in the starting rotation.

No. 461 15th Round Conor Angel Tampa Bay
    No. 562 19th round Drake Osborn NY Mets

7. Default Re: MLB Draft

Good for Drake, glad to see he got drafted, would love for him to get a chance, he was my favorite player last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Happy for all Cajuns that were drafted but especially for Drake. Glad someone is giving him an opportunity.

9. Default Re: MLB Draft

A huge shoutout to each of the Cajun athletes drafted in the recent MLB draft.

As a side note, I just saw a post where the team Conor Angel put together to prepare him for the MLB draft was identified - they were non other than Austin Robichaux, Justin Robichaux and Phil Devey. I believe this pretty much confirms that he is no quitter as that group of great guys would never associate themselves with a quitter. From Phil Devey:

Very proud of this young man. Faced some tough challenges and overcame obstacles that would have crushed the spirits of most athletes. Conor Angel, congrats on being selected by the Tampa Bay Rays in this year's MLB Draft. You now serve as a prime example of what Coach Robe taught if you "Work While You Wait". Special thanks to Justin Robichaux & Austin Robichaux for helping Conor develop the tools needed to take his pitching to the next level. Looking forward to watching this kid grind his way to the Big Leagues!

Conor has great support from the Robichauxs and others.

Andy Pettitte's son gets signed by the Jeter's Marlins, who could have signed 10,000 better players. This is a joke. https://dbupatriots.com/sports/baseb...-pettitte/5437

12. Default Re: MLB Draft

Andy Pettitte's son gets signed by the Jeter's Marlins, who could have signed 10,000 better players. This is a joke. https://dbupatriots.com/sports/baseb...-pettitte/5437
    You would think that with MLB teams having fewer minor league affiliates, that they would be less inclined to "invest" in bloodlines.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information