Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Georgia Bulldog SB

UL Softball Georgia Bulldog SB

With Coach Lu Harris-Champer announcing her retirement today do you think the Dawgs will go after Coach Glasco? If they do I still believe he will stay with the Cajuns. The pool of applicants will be plenty. I could also see them going after Gajewski if they don't stay in house.

Default Re: Georgia Bulldog SB

This is an interesting development, I definitely think Glasco’s name is going to be in the mix. He talks like he is excited about this incoming class, so I think that is something in the Cajuns’ favor. As for Kenny G, I would be shocked if they hire him away. They’ve said he’s really happy there but time will tell if that’s really true

No. Glasco is 63 years old. He has spent 4 years waiting on the recruits he has coming in this year. If he were to go to Georgia, it would take him another 4 years to get to where he wants to be and at that time he'd be 67 years old.

If he were 40 probably so. He's not.

Quote Originally Posted by mun_RaginCajuns View Post
    This is an interesting development, I definitely think Glasco’s name is going to be in the mix. He talks like he is excited about this incoming class, so I think that is something in the Cajuns’ favor. As for Kenny G, I would be shocked if they hire him away. They’ve said he’s really happy there but time will tell if that’s really true
    With the SEC one time no sit transfer rule, the town of Athens in general, a softball mega recruiting area, top level pay, the Hope scholarship, amenities, and almost unlimited resources it is a great gig. Every coach will say there happy but will learn to love a new town if the price is right. Unless your Coach Napier,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    No. Glasco is 63 years old. He has spent 4 years waiting on the recruits he has coming in this year. If he were to go to Georgia, it would take him another 4 years to get to where he wants to be and at that time he'd be 67 years old.

If he were 40 probably so. He's not.
    I think he will stay with the Cajuns if he is offered. However there program is ahead of the Cajuns right now so it would not take him another 4 years to get where we wants. Keep in mind recruits and current players could easily follow him.

6. Default Re: Georgia Bulldog SB

This portal and immediate eligibility may have created way more issues than it has solved. It will be very interesting to see how it is used in the future to create WCWS competitive teams immediately. This in all sports for national championships.

I'd be willing to bet the associate coach, Tony Baldwin, will get the job.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    I'd be willing to bet the associate coach, Tony Baldwin, will get the job.
    Yes if they stay in house.

I fully expect him to take it if offered. I just don’t know if he is a fit at GA.

Quote Originally Posted by du42 View Post
    I fully expect him to take it if offered. I just don’t know if he is a fit at GA.
    Why would he not be a fit? He was the associate head coach, recruiting coordinator and hitting coach when he previously coached there.

11. Default Re: Georgia Bulldog SB

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    With Coach Lu Harris-Champer announcing her retirement today do you think the Dawgs will go after Coach Glasco? If they do I still believe he will stay with the Cajuns. The pool of applicants will be plenty. I could also see them going after Gajewski if they don't stay in house.
    At least this time your departure speculation isn't during a Louisiana Regional matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    At least this time your departure speculation isn't during a Louisiana Regional matchup.
    I am not speculating that he will leave. I was asking others if they think he will leave. I can promise that if they go outside the organization his name will come up. In fact I said if offered I believe he would stay. Not sure what you mean by during Louisiana regional matchup?

The Georgia message boards are throwing around Glasco name.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    The Georgia message boards are throwing around Glasco name.
    That's nice, because we all know the message boards are how an AD picks his next head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    That's nice, because we all know the message boards are how an AD picks his next head coach.
    Lol, remember all the board talk and flight trackers when the Cajuns needed a football coach. We had some epic threads on here.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information