Thread: What Texas is expecting

1. UL Football What Texas is expecting

The Texas Longhorns are heading into the 2021 regular season with a fresh start behind new head coach Steve Sarkisian and renewed expectations at their back.

In just over 12 weeks, Texas will open the season at home in front of a full crowd at Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium in Austin against the Lousiana Ragin' Cajuns, where fans will get their first true look at Sarkian's new program.

Default Re: Texas Longhorns 2021 Opponent Preview: Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns

I think the most exciting part of this journey this year is watching the defense, which I think will be even better than last year! I truly believe we have a P5 type defense that can play with ANYONE. These guys are really talented, deep, and so competitive!

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    I think the most exciting part of this journey this year is watching the defense, which I think will be even better than last year! I truly believe we have a P5 type defense that can play with ANYONE. These guys are really talented, deep, and so competitive!
    I would agree. CB is the only position I worry a little about. We have 2 solid starters in Garror and Washington and I assume Amos will be right there with them but we have a lot of inexperience behind them and an injury can expose some of that but that's only if I'm nitpicking.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I would agree. CB is the only position I worry a little about. We have 2 solid starters in Garror and Washington and I assume Amos will be right there with them but we have a lot of inexperience behind them and an injury can expose some of that but that's only if I'm nitpicking.
    Mehki Gardner was good last year and may actually be the "starter" over Washington. He had 3 ints and 7 pass breakups

5. Default Re: Texas Longhorns 2021 Opponent Preview: Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns

This is the deepest, most talented, most physically equipped, most disciplined secondary this football program has ever had. IMO, it’s a top 3 unit in the G5 and is better than at least half of the P5. Several believe 4-5 of them will play on Sunday's.

If we can rush the passer, and veteran LBs fill gaps in the run game, you might see historic numbers defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    This is the deepest, most talented, most physically equipped, most disciplined secondary this football program has ever had. IMO, it’s a top 3 unit in the G5 and is better than at least half of the P5. Several believe 4-5 of them will play on Sunday's.

If we can rush the passer
    This right here.

I don’t care how talented and disciplined your DBs are, with the way both college and the pro game call pass interference, def holding and illegal contact, which all grant automatic first downs, if you can’t get consistent pressure on any half competent passer, you won’t stop the passing game. The rules these days, or at least the way they’re enforced, enable receivers to get open much easier.

You MUST get pressure on the QB, and in a matchup like Week 1 with the type of pure athletes Texas is still able to recruit at the WR and TE position, it’s going to be tough for our secondary to play lockdown football. We need their QB to be running for his life and hit when he throws.

7. UL Football SI.com Louisiana Offensive Players To Watch VS Texas Longhorns In Week 1

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns come to Austin with a dangerous offensive attack, filled with experienced veterans.

Default Re: Louisiana Offensive Players To Watch VS Texas Longhorns In Week 1

I believe Max Mitchell played right tackle most of last season. Article says he protects Levi blind side from left tackle spot. Author May not realize Levi is left handed. You have to careful when non local writers cover a program such as ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I believe Max Mitchell played right tackle most of last season. Article says he protects Levi blind side from left tackle spot. Author May not realize Levi is left handed. You have to careful when non local writers cover a program such as ours.
    Well the first picture in the article is a closeup of Levi throwing a football...and gasp!...it's in his left hand.

Default Re: SI.com Louisiana Offensive Players To Watch VS Texas Longhorns In Week 1

Those pesky details. They only get in the way.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Texas Longhorns 2021 Opponent Preview: Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    This right here.

I don’t care how talented and disciplined your DBs are, with the way both college and the pro game call pass interference, def holding and illegal contact, which all grant automatic first downs, if you can’t get consistent pressure on any half competent passer, you won’t stop the passing game. The rules these days, or at least the way they’re enforced, enable receivers to get open much easier.

You MUST get pressure on the QB, and in a matchup like Week 1 with the type of pure athletes Texas is still able to recruit at the WR and TE position, it’s going to be tough for our secondary to play lockdown football. We need their QB to be running for his life and hit when he throws.
    EXACTLY RIGHT.

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatTexas

12. UL Football Re: Louisiana Offensive Players To Watch VS Texas Longhorns In Week 1

Louisiana has over 20 juniors that would normally be considered seniors.

23 I think.

2021 year of the Levi

Default Re: What Texas is expecting

Only 33 days 8 hours and 2 minutes till kickoff

Thread Information