Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New TV for the belt

Default Re: New TV for the belt

How much more money are we getting is all I want to know.

Money talks, bull____ walks.

3. Default Re: New TV for the belt

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

.........So this is what Keith Gill has been doing.....lots of compliments on other boards, but some "show me the monies"!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

old deal was 500k per school per year.. Guessing it will probably 750K- 1mill

Ragin' Cajuns Re: New TV for the belt

What caught my eye in that article was the expansion of televised games on SATUDAYS!!!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatTexas

Yeah its pretty solid improvement. 50% increase on the TV-based channels, though only 40% of those added are on Saturdays

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Yeah its pretty solid improvement. 50% increase on the TV-based channels, though only 40% of those added are on Saturdays
    Which means 60% added to weekdays...

So for the math to work we would have 10 games during weekdays currently. So 50% is 5 additional games. Only 2 on Saturday and 3 during week.

So we would now have 13 midweek games and 2 Saturday home games as a conference

9. Default Re: New TV for the belt

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    So for the math to work we would have 10 games during weekdays currently. So 50% is 5 additional games. Only 2 on Saturday and 3 during week.

So we would now have 13 midweek games and 2 Saturday home games as a conference
    Barf

10. Default Re: New TV for the belt

Compared to other contracts, this is a marginal improvement and still not good enough for an FBS conference. Especially one that’s tendering way up. But hey, let’s all pat Gill on the back…

We need to be planning our exit ASAP. Realignment can’t come soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Compared to other contracts, this is a marginal improvement and still not good enough for an FBS conference. Especially one that’s tendering way up. But hey, let’s all pat Gill on the back…

We need to be planning our exit ASAP. Realignment can’t come soon enough.
    As of now we have no where to go and if you think the AAC or the BIG12 will want us is still a pipe dream…. 2 good years of football success doesn’t make us attractive…if we beat Texas and win the conference this year we will have people talking….the good thing is we have an admin that is striving for better!

12. Default Re: New TV for the belt

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    As of now we have no where to go and if you think the AAC or the BIG12 will want us is still a pipe dream…. 2 good years of football success doesn’t make us attractive…if we beat Texas and win the conference this year we will have people talking….the good thing is we have an admin that is striving for better!
    This is a very realistic view of where things stand right now. We are at this time in a position to be noticed with about the best roster, coaching staff and administration we could hope to have at this point.

Keep it going Cajuns.

If we are relegated to a life in the G5, I would still rather reside in the C-USA west over the Sunbelt.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    If we are relegated to a life in the G5, I would still rather reside in the C-USA west over the Sunbelt.
    Why? Except for Tech, I can see nothing good about any of CUSA.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    This is a very realistic view of where things stand right now. We are at this time in a position to be noticed with about the best roster, coaching staff and administration we could hope to have at this point.

Keep it going Cajuns.
    CUSA is the WORST conference in football right now…. Terrible TV deal and a commissioner worse than ours….. the Sunbelt was the best G5 conference last year and has some really talented teams this year besides ULM… the Sunbelt can put some separation between them and the rest of the G5…. Our conference has gotten way better over the last 3 years and we will win some non conference games that we are not supposed to…. We are in the best situation as G5 for right now… last year was a banner year for folks watching the sunbelt and hopefully we can keep the momentum going.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information