Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: South Alabama

1. UL Baseball South Alabama

So. Al kicking some Gator Azz and about to eliminate them - 14 1 bottom of 6

Hung a 10 spot on them.

Default South Alabama

Just hung a two out TEN spot on Florida in the sixth in an elimination game no less. Guess Sullivan won’t be the new guy in Refineryville.

For good measure, Jags start their 7th with back to back bombs. 16-1 at moment.

3. Default Re: D1Baseabll Projects the Field of 64

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So. Al kicking some Gator Azz and about to eliminate them - 14 1 bottom of 6
    With a bit of controversy as well. Early in the inning (with the score still 4-1 South Al), the third base umpire called timeout while the pitcher had just commenced his windup. The ball was hit to SS and was a routine play for an out (where the SS was shaded). But the pitch was disregarded and the batter walked on the next pitch. With what happened later, the Gators would have been out of the inning with no runs yielded, had time not been called. But it was called and the Jags had a run of ten consecutive hits, resulting in ten runs being plated and five Jag hitters batting twice in the inning. When it was finally over, a 4-1 lead became a 14-1 lead for South Alabama.

Every Jag hitter had a base hit in that inning.

After the first run scored, O'Sullivan barked from the dugout "that one is on you" to the third base umpire ... then unleashed a tirade that I was surprised did not result in O'Sullivan's removal from the game.

As I write this, South Alabama just hit back-to-back jacks for a 16-1 lead with no outs in the B7th. 19 hits for South Alabama.

Brian

4. Default Re: D1Baseabll Projects the Field of 64

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    With a bit of controversy as well. Early in the inning (with the score still 4-1 South Al), the third base umpire called timeout while the pitcher had just commenced his windup. The ball was hit to SS and was a routine play for an out (where the SS was shaded). But the pitch was disregarded and the batter walked on the next pitch. With what happened later, the Gators would have been out of the inning with no runs yielded, had time not been called. But it was called and the Jags had a run of ten consecutive hits, resulting in ten runs being plated and five Jag hitters batting twice in the inning. When it was finally over, a 4-1 lead became a 14-1 lead for South Alabama.

Every Jag hitter had a base hit in that inning.

After the first run scored, O'Sullivan barked from the dugout "that one is on you" to the third base umpire ... then unleashed a tirade that I was surprised did not result in O'Sullivan's removal from the game.

As I write this, South Alabama just hit back-to-back jacks for a 16-1 lead with no outs in the B7th. 19 hits for South Alabama.
    Now South Alabama has hit three HRs in the B7th for a 19-1 lead.

Brian

5. Default Re: D1Baseabll Projects the Field of 64

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Now South Alabama has hit three HRs in the B7th for a 19-1 lead.

Brian
    They need to save some now. I think they have enough.

Default Re: South Alabama

Wow, that score is shocking! I think Florida was preseason ranked #1. Florida looking to go 0-2 in their own regional. Ouch

19-1 in 7th, weather delay, South still batting. 3 bombs for 5 runs so far, two out.

8. Default Re: D1Baseabll Projects the Field of 64

They need to save some now. I think they have enough.
    And of course, we now have a weather delay.

Brian

9. Default Re: D1Baseabll Projects the Field of 64

At this point they were probably going to pitch from the bottom of the lineup and change pitcher every inning to finish the game.

The SEC...it just means more.

Runs scored

There’s a wack faction on Tigerploppings think the players quit on Sullivan because he’s coming to BR. SMH…

That 6th inning…haven’t seen anything like that since my kids played tee ball. Reminded me of the old Bugs Bunny one rabbit baseball team cartoon when the Gas House Gorillas were in a Conga line dance around the bases.

McNeese is yellow school bus LC bound.

It’s over in Gainesville. Not another base runner the rest of the way for either team. Apparently it was hack and go home time.

Well I know people around here like to hate in McNeese, and I get it for football.

But I was pulling for them and South Alabama this weekend. Remember, we hate South AL in baseball, or we did.

13. Default Re: South Alabama

MOST of the Hate on here is group think.

MOST of the Hate on here is group think.
    F South Al. Doesn’t mean I didn’t want them to win though.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    The SEC...it just means more.

Runs scored
    Haha .

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information