Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 37 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast

Thread: G3 Final: Louisiana 21, Rice 33

Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 21, Rice 33

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    It’s ok to adjust on the fly. Making adjustments is what makes certain coaches great. I don’t think he would lose all credibility. If something isn’t working then fix it. I just have a feeling that if we continue the 2 qb system we will see games like Rice and the first half of EMU. I also have a feeling that Ben will get eventually start to get the majority of the snaps.
    If nothing changes, I believe at some point he has to. The offense seems to flow better with him in at QB.

Positive takeaways from an otherwise horrible game. Turnover margin is still great. It’s a carryover of discipline. The int is a very teachable moment. Don’t throw into double coverage. Along with this is the intangible value of luck. Something we’ve been in the right side more often than not since Hud arrived.

Punting game is solid as its ever been.

And if this team can have a game to “get it right”, ulm is the right opponent.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Rice

Quote Originally Posted by USL View Post
    Spoken like a true fan. I'm glad most of the posters on this board don't have anything to do with the program. This team and coaching staff are a work in progress. Geaux Cajuns!
    Oh man....I'm sorry, but I laughed so hard at the irony that this comment was made by someone whose handle is USL. Some jokes write themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Coach just said Fields is his starter.

If he tears up season gameplan, he loses credibility basically.
    Interesting interview sounded like the offense has issues at every level..

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    A little house keeping. Napier was making 2 million at UL and was offered 3.2 million to stay. For the right coach they will always "find the money"
    You focused on correcting the money. What about the first paragraph? Other than the one offensive lineman Napier took with him (likely an All American this year), if Napier stayed, he would have the same line Des has, correct? I didn't think we were supposed to be rebuilding the line. However, the OL did not look good against Rice. We couldn't throw or run.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Rice

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Oh man....I'm sorry, but I laughed so hard at the irony that this comment was made by someone whose handle is USL. Some jokes write themselves.
    Possibly the best subliminal post of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    You focused on correcting the money. What about the first paragraph? Other than the one offensive lineman Napier took with him (likely an All American this year), if Napier stayed, he would have the same line Des has, correct? I didn't think we were supposed to be rebuilding the line. However, the OL did not look good against Rice. We couldn't throw or run.
    I dont get it Carlos Rubio looked good in his reserve role last 2 years and Aj Gillie looked great the last season .. completely different players this year

It’s ok to adjust on the fly. Making adjustments is what makes certain coaches great. I don’t think he would lose all credibility. If something isn’t working then fix it. I just have a feeling that if we continue the 2 qb system we will see games like Rice and the first half of EMU. I also have a feeling that Ben will get eventually start to get the majority of the snaps.
    Your feeling wasn't correct.

Wooldridge will be the starter going forward.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Billy took (2) players on the OL.

11. Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 21, Rice 33

Coach Glasco didn't hit the portal and he will do just fine.
    The portal wasn't around then, but how many transfers did Glasco pull in his first couple of years to make sure he had the right personel?

Nope.
    Like I said it’s a feeling. You don’t know what the future holds. We are going into game 4.

Were you at the rice game? Did you see the sideline interaction? Did you realize that Ben was chosen to run the team at the end of the game and not take every 3rd series?

You’re so quick to want to tell everyone they are wrong and that you are the one to know everything. Through 3 games now the offense has flowed better with Ben at QB. Like I said I think by the end of the year he will be getting the majority of the snaps.

Until that does or doesn’t happen you can go somewhere else with the BS. You can’t say my feeling wasn’t correct when I said “eventually he would start to get the majority of the snaps” but then again you probably know the future since you already know most people before they were born Mr. All knowing omnipotent one!

What a ____ show. Nothing else to say except, learn and move on.

UL Football Team Discipline and Fundamentals

I’ve seen every game twice once live and once on replay. One thing that jumps out is this team is not close to being as discipline or as fundamentally sound as teams in the past. In years past Napier he had a strict rule we don’t talk to our opponents. In the last 3 games there has been more chirping with the opponent than Napier’s years combined. Not to mention that we had a player Saturday who was on the sideline, not in a game, take kick at a player on the ground and get ejected, and another get a personal foul for taking a swing at the opponent and he was very lucky he wasn’t ejected also. This would have never happened in Napier’s years because of the discipline he instilled into his players.

As far as fundamentals we have played maybe 3 good quarters out of the 3 games. Guys are constantly out of position or making bone head mistakes. O line has been atrocious. Rices front lived a yard deep in the Cajuns back field all night. It will be hard to beat anyone with O line play like that.

Not sure how much of either will get fixed this year. Both are issues you start building on in the off-season program, from January through training camp. Definitely that is where the discipline of your football team is instilled. We heard from players coming out of spring that CMD was much easier on them than CBN and that things were more laid back. Coincidence? Maybe. IMO it’s hard to be easygoing and laidback and have the discipline and intensity that Billy brought at the same time.

Default Re: Team Discipline and Fundamentals

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I’ve seen every game twice once live and once on replay. One thing that jumps out is this team is not close to being as discipline or as fundamentally sound as teams in the past. In years past Napier he had a strict rule we don’t talk to our opponents. In the last 3 games there has been more chirping with the opponent than Napier’s years combined. Not to mention that we had a player Saturday who was on the sideline, not in a game, take kick at a player on the ground and get ejected, and another get a personal foul for taking a swing at the opponent and he was very lucky he wasn’t ejected also. This would have never happened in Napier’s years because of the discipline he instilled into his players.

As far as fundamentals we have played maybe 3 good quarters out of the 3 games. Guys are constantly out of position or making bone head mistakes. O line has been atrocious. Rices front lived a yard deep in the Cajuns back field all night. It will be hard to beat anyone with O line play like that.

Not sure how much of either will get fixed this year. Both are issues you start building on in the off-season program, in January through training camp. Definitely that is where the discipline of your football team is instilled. We heard from players coming out of spring that CMD was much easier on them than CBN and that things were more laid back. Coincidence? Maybe. IMO it’s hard to be easygoing and laidback and have the discipline and intensity that Billy brought at the same time.
    Agree with everything you said. It's obvious, no doubt about it now with 3 games in. It needs to be corrected, hopefully it will.

Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 37 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast

Thread Information