Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Elijah Mitchell

1. Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Facts…the best ability is availability. Love that man but he misses entirely too much action.
    By your standards Zion Williamson is a total bust.

2. Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

. . . all I can say is that on Sunday, Eli busted through for that first down and many more yards from the line of scrimmage to be far enough from the opposing goal to seal the deal . . .

3. Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . all I can say is that on Sunday, Eli busted through for that first down and many more yards from the line of scrimmage to be far enough from the opposing goal to seal the deal . . .
    Well said, nuf said.

Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    By your standards Zion Williamson is a total bust.
    Hardly. I just said the best ability is availability.

This isn’t rocket science. All Eli had to do was lower his shoulder and plant his outside foot towards the inside and take the hit. 1 & 10 victory formation. Instead the Cowboys get the ball back!

Again, this was a great opportunity for Eli to learn! On to the NFC Championship Game!
    Nothing like expert analysis given by someone who has never ever been in that position ever in their entire life. The man made the first down & it gave San Fran a fresh set of downs which was plenty of time to drain the clock. There was a zero.zero percent chance the cowboys were going to be able to do anything with the 20 seconds & 90 yards they had to travel considering they had all night & couldn't traverse the distance but once.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Not true, he got the first down by allot, he should have slid at that point, but as someone else correctly pointed out, Elijah felt he could have scored and that was what he was trying to do. It was 2 & 9, he got well over 9 yards, if he gets down right away after the first down the game is over at that point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TkdUl5f8y8

Go to the 13:32 mark of the above video, you can clearly see all he had to do was slide down and get touched and he would have been fine. He made a mistake, that is okay it did not cost his team. In the future I am sure he was told get down young man.
    Why don't you put a pair of goddamn pads on & get on a bicycle & get up to the rate of speed he was travelling at & tell me how freaking easy it is to stop your momentum butt lick. You may think you know everything about everything, but you don't know your ass from a hole int he ground on this so just Please nerdo boy. And don't try to tell me what you could do at that speed because you have never once in your sorry life achieved the rate of speed he was travelling dip stick.

You have absolutely no idea what he saw & what had his attention at the time. So just shut up because you are making yourself sound like a know it all ahole. The bottom line is he got a first down & it allowed the clok to spin down & make the Cowboys use all of their time outs/

8. Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Why don't you put a pair of goddamn pads on & get on a bicycle & get up to the rate of speed he was travelling at & tell me how freaking easy it is to stop your momentum butt lick. You may think you know everything about everything, but you don't know your ass from a hole int he ground on this so just Please nerdo boy. And don't try to tell me what you could do at that speed because you have never once in your sorry life achieved the rate of speed he was travelling dip stick.
    I’ve had plenty of pads on in my life and you are correct. Probably none of us have been running at that rate of speed, including you. My point was he had options that could have and thank God did not cost his team the game. I am so happy SF won and EM had a ton to do with it. My only point was by going out of bounds it gave Dallas a chance they should not have had. I refuse to call you names or insult you any more. It not worth it. I said my opinion. EM is one of my favorite players that ever donned a Cajun uniform and I hope he wins a Super Bowl. But to say he didn’t have options is wrong. It worked out for him and I am thrilled. 90% of us would have done the same thing. Any competitive athlete would have tried everything possible to score and that is what he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I’ve had plenty of pads on in my life and you are correct. Probably none of us have been running at that rate of speed. My point was he had options that could have and thank God did not cost his team the game. I am so happy SF won and EM had a ton to do with it. My only point was by going out of bounds it gave Dallas a chance they should not have had. I refuse to call you names or insult you any more. It not worth it. I said my opinion. EM is one of my favorite players that ever donned a Cajun uniform and I hope he wins a Super Bowl. But to say he didn’t have options is wrong. It worked out for him and I am thrilled. 90% of us would have done the same thing. Any competitive athlete would have tried everything possible to score and that is what he was doing.
    Nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Nothing like expert analysis given by someone who has never ever been in that position ever in their entire life. The man made the first down & it gave San Fran a fresh set of downs which was plenty of time to drain the clock. There was a zero.zero percent chance the cowboys were going to be able to do anything with the 20 seconds & 90 yards they had to travel considering they had all night & couldn't traverse the distance but once.
    Whatever you say, pal. I played football, RB/CB, in my youth. Nothing close to the skill set of Eli at Erath but nonetheless was a decent athlete.

I guess a punt return for a TD was impossible? Or a Hail Mary / lateral miracle is impossible too?

You know so much about football it makes me jealous.

I’m not dogging out Eli or anything. Just simply stating he made a mistake he can learn from. Had he stayed in bounds, the 9ers go to victory formation and never punt the ball to the Cowboys.

11. Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

..I am curious as to his thought process on the play…where to line up….snap count…defense….offensive scheme design….correct angle for handoff….seeing play develop…. Changing direction based on defensive moves….probably not for certain area of first down….thinking he could get more yardage…... granted post play “could of should of” is a no brainer, but great run by our guy!

12. Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …..I am curious as to his thought process on the play…where to line up….snap count…defense….offensive scheme design….correct angle for handoff….seeing play develop…. Changing direction based on defensive moves….probably not for certain area of first down….thinking he could get more yardage…... granted post play “could of should of” is a no brainer, but great run by our guy!
    And that's the bottom line. Eli put the game on ice. How often do we get ideal results in high pressure situations? He got the first down and that was the crucial element at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    And that's the bottom line. Eli put the game on ice. How often do we get ideal results in high pressure situations? He got the first down and that was the crucial element at that point.
    Thank you, someone else besides me evidently watched the game & realized if the 9ers made two first downs in that drive they would wind the clock down & take any chance for Dallas to pretend they had a chance when Dallas had to punt the ball because they were completely inept with their passing game. Clearly the first down & making the first down was the most important factor in that scenario. Just ask Mark Ingram & the rest of the idiotic Saints team that blew the 2nd Buccs game just how important making the first down is.

Whatever you say, pal. I played football, RB/CB, in my youth. Nothing close to the skill set of Eli at Erath but nonetheless was a decent athlete.

I guess a punt return for a TD was impossible? Or a Hail Mary / lateral miracle is impossible too?

You know so much about football it makes me jealous.

I’m not dogging out Eli or anything. Just simply stating he made a mistake he can learn from. Had he stayed in bounds, the 9ers go to victory formation and never punt the ball to the Cowboys.
    IF you did what you claim you did, then you of all people should know why CBs get beaten on double moves & guys who dive for footballs thrown high & outside can't always come down with their feet in bounds. And you wouldn't be dumb enough to see a guy hauling ass toward the sidelines to get to a marker & them be dumb enough to ask why he couldn't dead stop, or shift his momentum that he has at full f'ing speed, to just dead stop & take a knee. Not everyone is Barry Sanders, or Reggie Bush. That's why Barry & Reggie were Barry & Reggie.

15. Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information