Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Baseball uniforms

Default Re: Baseball uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by LA CAJUNS View Post
    Y’all do realize the star is part of the throwback right? Check these old photos for reference…
    That guy right there was a stud.

2. Default Re: Baseball uniforms

I love em.

Produce replicas A$AP

Y’all do realize the star is part of the throwback right? Check these old photos for reference…
    cool, but boy those st Louis cardinals wanna be hats were horrific

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    cool, but boy those st Louis cardinals wanna be hats were horrific
    but im sure the coach thought up the design all on his own, with no other points of reference

5. Default Re: Baseball uniforms

I had one of these jerseys for years. Coach Jag gave me a bunch of stuff in the mid 90s from his time with Coach Bo. I lost a lot of it during a particularly awful move back from Colorado.

I still think the FDL would have been a cool touch.

I really like the ‘new’ uni’s. But I do prefer the interlocking UL caps. I wonder why we got away from them?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I have seen many uniforms from back in the day never that one you’ll have post a pic. I don’t ever recall black. My best memories start more in mid 70s.
    Lots of the old USL basketball jerseys were trimmed with black going back to the Shipley days on through the Fletcher years. It wasn’t until we went to the hot wheels logo that football introduced black to the uniforms. Hell I’m pretty sure we didn’t have a full black uniform for basketball until the Robert Lee years. Bud brought the black helmets for football.

Quote Originally Posted by Datt Meggs View Post
    Lots of the old USL basketball jerseys were trimmed with black going back to the Shipley days on through the Fletcher years. It wasn’t until we went to the hot wheels logo that football introduced black to the uniforms. Hell I’m pretty sure we didn’t have a full black uniform for basketball until the Robert Lee years. Bud brought the black helmets for football.
    Nope, they weren't through the Fletcher years. You can go back and look at photos during the Paschal and Hatfield from 1975-1986 and they never wore any uniforms with black trim anywhere. It was Vermilion and White.

Quote Originally Posted by Datt Meggs View Post
    Shipley was before my time. I do not remember any black from the Paschal through the Fletcher days. Maybe if it was just an out line it wasn’t as noticeable as the entire uniforms. I do not remember black in the uni during those years. I know there was known during the Auggie, Sam, and Nelson years in football.

Shipley was before my time. I do not remember any black from the Paschal through the Fletcher days. Maybe if it was just an out line it wasn’t as noticeable as the entire uniforms. I do not remember black in the uni during those years. I know there was known during the Auggie, Sam, and Nelson years in football.
    Basketball court should be named after Shipley.

11. Default Re: Baseball uniforms

. . . and the name should be prominently displayed on the court in BLACK . . .

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Basketball court should be named after Shipley.
    I don’t disagree. Unfortunately since his career ended with a death penalty to basketball that will never happen.

13. Default Re: Baseball uniforms

I don’t disagree. Unfortunately since his career ended with a death penalty to basketball that will never happen.
    . . . so you saying that the death penalty may have BLACKED out that notion . . .

14. Default Re: Baseball uniforms

With where sports has gone since, him loaning his car keys to players should put him in the NCAA Hall of Fame and Compassion.

15. Default Re: Baseball uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . and the name should be prominently displayed on the court in BLACK . . .
    Brilliant, but don't let the paint get on any uniforms.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information