Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball uniforms

1. Default Re: Baseball uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    He's B trolling with a capital B.
    . . . so when did any of you become the authority on my memory . . . perhaps for some unknown reason black is more memorable for being there than for not being there . . . under any circumstances, I believe it is here to stay now and darn happy about it . . .

Default Re: Baseball uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Not fighting anything. You said black has been a school color as long as you can remember. Just pointing out your memory might be fading if it only goes back to the late 90s.
    At one time he stated black wasnt a color, LOL.

3. Default Re: Baseball uniforms

Let’s minimize the effects of idiots on the discussion . . .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colors_by_shade

4. Default Re: Baseball uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . so when did any of you become the authority on my memory . . . perhaps for some unknown reason black is more memorable for being there than for not being there . . . under any circumstances, I believe it is here to stay now and darn happy about it . . .
    Your color memory is outnumbered ninety-nine to one.

5. Default Re: Baseball uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Your color memory is outnumbered ninety-nine to one.
    using 99 or 1 to make a point diminished the point down into infinity . . .

6. Default Re: Baseball uniforms

using 99 or 1 to make a point diminished the point down into infinity . . .
    Thank you JeanVic

7. Default Re: Baseball uniforms

It’s why Ole Miss must stick with blue . . . while Louisiana gets to maintain its black . . .

It’s why Ole Miss must stick with blue . . . while Louisiana gets to maintain its black . . .
    Is Ole Miss their official name?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    There was no black in any athletic uniform through my college days for sure which ended in early 90s. I don't recall the years that baseball and basketball introduced black? I think both were after Baldwin.
    I remember watching a pretty good basketball team in Blackham in the early 70s whose uniforms were highlighted in black but I don't remember the fans complaining.

10. Default Re: Baseball uniforms

Ouch

11. Default Re: Baseball uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by cypremort View Post
    I remember watching a pretty good basketball team in Blackham in the early 70s whose uniforms were highlighted in black but I don't remember the fans complaining.
    Should have pictures, I'll check.

Quote Originally Posted by cypremort View Post

I have seen many uniforms from back in the day never that one you’ll have post a pic. I don’t ever recall black. My best memories start more in mid 70s.

13. Default Re: Baseball uniforms

maybe it was “black in the day” as opposed to “back in the day”

14. Default Re: Baseball uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The Acadian Flag goes well beyond state boundaries and appeals to francophone nations all over the world. Not only that, it is unique to Louisiana AND America. Basically a small country within the United States. It's a great mix between unique (something that helps branding a ton) and broad appeal. Not only that, it looks sharp as hell.

The unis are mostly perfect. My only small critique would be changing the star on the "J" to a FDL. But really, they are awesome uniforms.
    Y’all do realize the star is part of the throwback right? Check these old photos for reference…
    Attached Images Attached Images  

15. Default Re: Baseball uniforms

Notice how the exact style script is from the white jerseys and the old red jerseys were slightly different. But I love the mashup with same script on red and star on both.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information