Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: #CheerLeaders

1. Default Re: #CheerLeaders

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    When i was young I played my first year of baseball at Lakeshore which was rec league part of JPRD, I seem to recall the only cost was $5 for the hat we kept. Mine happened to be A “real” yankees hat, great deal for five bucks

Then the next year I played Little League, I believe the cost was 25 (and you kept the hat also) but it was a generic hat with word of team spelled out in script.

So at the time Little League was likely deemed too expensive to many, plus it was farther, boy how times have changed, either would be a huge bargain compared to travel ball.i doubt jefferson parish still provides free athletics, but i cant imagine LL has gone up that much, id be surprised if over $200?? Which based on inflation would be comparable.

When i was later involved in umpiring I preferred LL to Pony because I felt Pony allowed stealing too young, and seemed as if most games were passed ball track meets. But Pony seemed to be better organized at the local levels, yet LL was far superior at the regional level.
    How old are you. I grew up at lakeshore as well. My dad was a coach there from early 70’s - mid 80’s.

Default Re: #CheerLeaders

My sons played at Girard in 80s. Youngest moved to bball. Great competition in rec ball. Some pretty fair coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    My sons played at Girard in 80s. Youngest moved to bball. Great competition in rec ball. Some pretty fair coaches.
    Girard was the best!

Anytime a “good” player left our little league it seemed like they went to Girard

5. Default Re: #CheerLeaders

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    F Girad. LOL. We hated Girad, Metry and Bright.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Ready?....OK! 2 bits, 4bits, 6 bites....you know the rest...
    As the father of a Sr cheerleader, who has won it all at nationals, you obviously don't know the difference between what goes on at a football game and in a competition. They don't resemble each other at all.

7. Default Re: #CheerLeaders

I thought it was just STM that won it all at Nationals . . .

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    As the father of a Sr cheerleader, who has won it all at nationals, you obviously don't know the difference between what goes on at a football game and in a competition. They don't resemble each other at all.
    And your daughter comes from a great program.

Sarcasm dude, relax...and congrats to your daughter...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I thought it was just STM that won it all at Nationals . . .
    You are partially correct as Marty Fletcher used to say. When you compete in nationals there are 2 different routines one is called game day, that is what my daughter has won and her school has won 9 times since the late 90s. Not sure of the exact name of the other but that is the one that STM is dominate in and has won multiple championships. Neither school can beat the other at there strong suit so far.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    when is was at BM (and playing for Lakeshore) Bright’s baseball team was almost all players from the brother martin football varsity

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    did you know Metry changed its name to Wally Pontiff

The whole town?

The whole town?
    lol. Dont give them any ideas.

15. Default Re: #CheerLeaders

Yeah, but they will always be Metry to me. I have a great story when I was on the 11-12 year old Biddy basketball team from Lakeshore. We were playing Metry in a game at Lakeshore, I was the starting PG. I crossed mid court and I got caught in a trap, a guy who was at least 5 inches taller than me reached around me and tied up the ball, he then proceeded to pick me up off the ground and slam me to the floor. Our coach ran on the court and got called for a Technical. During the technical FT's my coach called me over and said, "hey I want you to go over to that kid and tell him that if he ever does that "____" again, you are going to kick his @$$, so I proceeded to do so. As I was doing it, our best player and a crazy mfer named Nicky (I think he might be in prison now, I know he was for a while), walked over to him as I was saying it and said to him...."If he doesn't, I will". We went on to win the game and I had he best game of my season after that. That kid never got within 5' of me the rest of the game.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information