Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 4 game win streak

Default Re: 4 game win streak

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I know you just like to find any reason to bash our basketball team, but dude, nobody is a good road team. There are so many factors that go against you when you play on the road. Any road win is a good win.
    Saying that "nobody" is a good road team is a stretch. Houston, Purdue, Alabama, Kansas, UCLA, San Diego St, Texas, and Xavier would all like to have a conversation with you. All these teams are undefeated on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Cajuns on a 3 game win streak. Could make it 4 today on the road at south. 4 game win streaks are rare in conference under Bob, and on the road 3 more games makes it tougher. So when does this little streak end?
    South
    Ark state
    Tx state
    Or continues to the dome?
    It’s not a poll question. Just discussion. I personally never like our chances in mobile but they did win in dramatic fashion against JMU Thursday. So I’ll take the Cajuns today and probably in Arkansas.
    Bringing it back to the dome!

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Saying that "nobody" is a good road team is a stretch. Houston, Purdue, Alabama, Kansas, UCLA, Texas, and Xavier would all like to have a conversation with you. All these teams are undefeated on the road.
    Ok, let me rephrase then. Only 7/358 D1 basketball teams are good road teams.

Ok, let me rephrase then. Only 7/358 D1 basketball teams are good road teams.
    So you need zero L's on the road to be considered a good road team?

So you need zero L's on the road to be considered a good road team?
    you listed 7, and said he couldnt say nobody, now you dispute that the number is 7? talk about a t being on a roll

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    you listed 7, and said he couldnt say nobody, now you dispute that the number is 7? talk about a t being on a roll
    I never once disputed any number. I just gave example of teams with no road L's when he in FACT said NOBODY wins on the road.

if teams have fewer road games and/or games against easy opponents on road, this early in season one could easily be undefeated on road yet still NOT be a good road team

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    if teams have fewer road games and/or games against easy opponents on road, this early in season one could easily be undefeated on road yet still NOT be a good road team
    Early in the season? Everyone is into their conference games...everyone has issues on the road, regardless of opponent, especially during conference games....

11 top 25 teams lost games yesterday, quite a few were road games for the higher ranked team...

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Sixteen seed: You are in.
    Sweet 16: You are REALLY in.
    Not lying

I never once disputed any number. I just gave example of teams with no road L's when he in FACT said NOBODY wins on the road.
    He didn’t say nobody wins on the road

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    He didn’t say nobody wins on the road
    He said nobody was a good road team. Which means if you win on the road you are considered a good road team. Don't be so shadow man. Have a great day.

I didn’t say nobody wins on the road. I said nobody is a “good” road team. On average, all teams (yes, ALL teams) perform worse on the road than at home. This is a statistical fact: https://www.boydsbets.com/college-ba...urt-advantage/

You can guess the reasons why — travel fatigue, unfamiliarity with the environment, crowd noise, etc. But probably the biggest reason is that the refs themselves have an unintentional bias which makes them call more fouls on away teams (also a statistical fact.)

So yeah, winning away from home is really hard. Any road win is a “good” win.

I didn’t say nobody wins on the road. I said nobody is a “good” road team. On average, all teams (yes, ALL teams) perform worse on the road than at home. This is a statistical fact: https://www.boydsbets.com/college-ba...urt-advantage/

You can guess the reasons why — travel fatigue, unfamiliarity with the environment, crowd noise, etc. But probably the biggest reason is that the refs themselves have an unintentional bias which makes them call more fouls on away teams (also a statistical fact.)

So yeah, winning away from home is really hard. Any road win is a “good” win.
    See post 44

He said nobody was a good road team. Which means if you win on the road you are considered a good road team. Don't be so shadow man. Have a great day.
    You can not play well on the road and still win depending on your opponent. Being a good road team would be that you play better on the road than home.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    You can not play well on the road and still win depending on your opponent. Being a good road team would be that you play better on the road than home.
    Not exactly. Just about every team will have a better winning percentage than at home. I gave examples of undefeated road teams, they happen to be good on the road and at home. Teams can be both.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information