Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Transfer Portal

Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    We missed on Griffin Hebert. He wanted to come here.
    Who is Griffin Hebert and where did he go?

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Who is Griffin Hebert and where did he go?
    LA Tech...WR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Des is using the same evaluation method as they had under Billy…. The method has not changed it will be if the kids want to come here. Plus Des is now dealing with the NIL and Crazy Portal that Billy did not have to deal with when he was here.
    That would ONLY matter if Des was the only coach in America dealing with NIL and "crazy portal".

That's not on CMD. I'm hoping we are aligned with potential NIL opportunities.

This is the unfortunate game we have to play.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    We missed on Griffin Hebert. He wanted to come here.
    That was a Hud and a white receiver thing. If Hud was still here we wouldn’t have Jacob bernard or Peter leblanc either.

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    We always miss on STM kids. Christian McNees is a D1 receiver there now…have we offered?
    How many D1 offers does he have?

8. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    That was a Hud and a white receiver thing. If Hud was still here we wouldn’t have Jacob bernard or Peter leblanc either.
    Gabe Fusilier would like to have a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    How many D1 offers does he have?
    Two offers, Army & Air Force. Still being recruited by the Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    St Martinville’s Harvey Broussard just committed to Memphis too.
    While we had an outside chance at signing him, too many people around him look down on UL football. That's the stigma still from the toothpick days with them.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    While we had an outside chance at signing him, too many people around him look down on UL football. That's the stigma still from the toothpick days with them.
    Man when I was in school Etienne, fontonette and Francois all from the ville. Seems like that could over come the Baldwin stigma. Those were some of St Martinvilles best.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Gabe Fusilier would like to have a word with you.
    Jay Johnson recruited and pushed for Gabe. Hud didn’t want to sign him. When Jay got him in camp and Hud saw him in action, and put the stop watch on him, he would have looked like a fool not to offer. Gabe was the most misused WR in the Hud tenure by the way.

13. Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

After watching the Brother Martin vs Carencro game over the weekend their are 4 players from that game that UL needs to be on. 2 from BM and 2 from Carencro.

For Brother Martin it would be RB Torey Lambert, this kid is listed at 6'0 200, I think that is a stretch for him. He originally committed to Texas State, but I think he decommitted when Spatival was let go. He holds offers from UL, Texas State, Marshall, Memphis and a number of FCS schools. The other is Clayton Lonardo, this kid is a clone of Taysom Hill, he plays RB, WR, TE and Defense as well, he can do it all. I don't see where it states he has any offers as of yet, but man this kid is special.

For Carencro it would be the 2 Chantz's. First off, Chantz Ceasar, he is committed to LSU, but I don't think he plays QB there, he also lined up as a DE for Carencro. I think he is a special athlete that could get lost in the shuffle at LSU. The other is Chantz Babineaux, he is listed as a freshman for Carencro but this kid has all the tools to be really good. He was starting for Carencro at WR and DB as a Freshman if MaxPreps is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Two offers, Army & Air Force. Still being recruited by the Cajuns.
    Is there a reason we haven't offered him yet? I wonder what the apprehension on our part is if so?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Is there a reason we haven't offered him yet? I wonder what the apprehension on our part is if so?
    Is he a Jefferson and Stephens type build? An outside type receiver. That is what they need mostly in the recruiting process. They already have an abundance of inside type receivers.

Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information