Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Wooldridge Injured

Default Re: Wooldridge Injured

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    His procedure is tomorrow
    In M$M I trust on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Esqueleto had the correct first hand knowledge of the situation. The reporter is a idiot.
    Multiple people had first hand knowledge. It kinda proves my point but doesn’t answer my question. When was the presser where Diaz was all but saying Ben was running around great in practice?

Multiple people had first hand knowledge. It kinda proves my point but doesn’t answer my question. When was the presser where Diaz was all but saying Ben was running around great in practice?
    When Coach Dez was asked about injuries at the QB Club on Thursday, he did not mention Woolridrge. Post meeting, someone went to him privately and mentioned that the story had reached social media. He was disappointed but not surprised. Thankfully that person did not come here with the story. Despite it being speculation at that point, better to keep the trust of the staff for QB Club members.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    When Coach Dez was asked about injuries at the QB Club on Thursday, he did not mention Woolridrge. Post meeting, someone went to him privately and mentioned that the story had reached social media. He was disappointed but not surprised. Thankfully that person did not come here with the story. Despite it being speculation at that point, better to keep the trust of the staff for QB Club members.
    How about keeping the trust of your players if you're the coach? Where does that factor in? Some of you people are so hell bent on sucking up with the coach never makes a mistake mentality you can't even see why your own program is going right back to the days before excellence was an expected goal of your most important cash cow program. All of a sudden the goal has become to achieve mediocrity again. Am I lying, or making anything up? If so,then why the oh boy, if we can only win 6 & make a bowl again, I'll be really excited for the future?

I have a thought, not that mediocre fan should care. How about when Mike knew his QB was out him calling the media in town to the practice facility & saying, hey, it looks like we lost Ben for this game & he's being evaluated, but we are going to rally around Chandler & go into this game with our minds on winning. We have faith in Chandler as our QB going forward & this team is going to work their butts off to win the upcoming game.

What difference did it make to FSU who played QB anyway? You have two QBs who play the exact same style of QB in the same exact system, so how much different do you people think the game planning for FSU was going to be? It's not like defending against Ben Wooldridge Vs. defending against Levi Lewis? Or defending against Brian Mitchell for that matter. So why not try something new, something novel? Why not try the truth? Does a coach think he has to lie, or completely withhold the truth from everyone all the time to have an "advantage"? What advantage did the Cajuns have before FSU scored their 7th TD of the day?

The whole art of being an effective head coach is being honest enough so that when you do have to lie, or withhold information it IS to your advantage. Where was the advantage? If you lie, or purposely miscommunicate all the time, you aren't being a fox. You are being a fool. And don't worry Charlie & company. This is the last time any of you will ever have to worry about this narcissistic casual bandwagon jumper ever typing anything on this site about anything. Not because I have no faith in the team, but because I have total faith in too many people who defend this stupidity as though the madness is some sort of a strategy for achievement, when the end result is mediocrity at best & only goes down the rabbit hole from there.

I sincerely hope BW has a safe and speedy recovery. We need him next season to lead us to another SBC Championship.

Just to underscore what level of QB is BW, I took his stats from the 6 games where he played nearly all of the snaps, from South Al to Geo Sou. Then, I extrapolated those numbers over a 13 game season to mimic if we had BW as the starter from the 1st game.

2842 passing yards (5th all time)

28 TDs (1st all time)

3184 total yards (5th all time)

Remember, most of his stats this season were with, basically, zero running game. It is a very fair assumption that if he is able to return next season, with a much improved running game, the above numbers would be a conservative estimate of his production next season.

Godspeed, BW

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    ... What advantage did the Cajuns have before FSU scored their 7th TD of the day?...
    The only way keeping a secret like that would work is if we had completely changed the gameplan and were starting Zeon or LL.

How about keeping the trust of your players if you're the coach? Where does that factor in? Some of you people are so hell bent on sucking up with the coach never makes a mistake mentality you can't even see why your own program is going right back to the days before excellence was an expected goal of your most important cash cow program. All of a sudden the goal has become to achieve mediocrity again. Am I lying, or making anything up? If so,then why the oh boy, if we can only win 6 & make a bowl again, I'll be really excited for the future?

I have a thought, not that mediocre fan should care. How about when Mike knew his QB was out him calling the media in town to the practice facility & saying, hey, it looks like we lost Ben for this game & he's being evaluated, but we are going to rally around Chandler & go into this game with our minds on winning. We have faith in Chandler as our QB going forward & this team is going to work their butts off to win the upcoming game.

What difference did it make to FSU who played QB anyway? You have two QBs who play the exact same style of QB in the same exact system, so how much different do you people think the game planning for FSU was going to be? It's not like defending against Ben Wooldridge Vs. defending against Levi Lewis? Or defending against Brian Mitchell for that matter. So why not try something new, something novel? Why not try the truth? Does a coach think he has to lie, or completely withhold the truth from everyone all the time to have an "advantage"? What advantage did the Cajuns have before FSU scored their 7th TD of the day?

The whole art of being an effective head coach is being honest enough so that when you do have to lie, or withhold information it IS to your advantage. Where was the advantage? If you lie, or purposely miscommunicate all the time, you aren't being a fox. You are being a fool. And don't worry Charlie & company. This is the last time any of you will ever have to worry about this narcissistic casual bandwagon jumper ever typing anything on this site about anything. Not because I have no faith in the team, but because I have total faith in too many people who defend this stupidity as though the madness is some sort of a strategy for achievement, when the end result is mediocrity at best & only goes down the rabbit hole from there.
    No one ever said the coach is perfect. If he feels that keeping the injury situation confidential improves his chance of success by a minimal percentage he is going to do it. I don't get how this approach is indicative of accepting mediocrity. Everything you said about Mike getting his players the message about rallying around Chandler did occur. It occurred within the concept of the team. Telling the media would have no benefit. Now had the media asked him directly about Ben's situation, he would have had a choice to make. That did not happen. Why no one asked him, I don't know.

why do some have their procedures almost immediately but we have to wait so long?

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    why do some have their procedures almost immediately but we have to wait so long?
    Swelling and surgeons schedule would be the 2 obvious reasons.

10. Default Re: Wooldridge Injured

Letting FSU know early on that your starter was out and FSU might not have come out the gates with their ears pinned as far back as they were.

FSU had a lot to prepare for in Wooldridge, and everthing they prepared for in Wooldridge, prepared them for Fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    No one ever said the coach is perfect. If he feels that keeping the injury situation confidential improves his chance of success by a minimal percentage he is going to do it. I don't get how this approach is indicative of accepting mediocrity. Everything you said about Mike getting his players the message about rallying around Chandler did occur. It occurred within the concept of the team. Telling the media would have no benefit. Now had the media asked him directly about Ben's situation, he would have had a choice to make. That did not happen. Why no one asked him, I don't know.
    You're sucking me right back in Mike. How do you know Mike rallied the team around Chandler? If he did, he did a ____ poor job of it. Using the media is a part of rallying the team. it's a part of rallying the community. In this case their is no difference between the team, the media & the community. Unless the coach disrespects his own fan base so much he is constantly trying to use his sad ass lack of a fan base as a motivator for his team. And that is going to end in one result. And that result isn't good. No matter how anyone spins it, the needle will still go back to failure unless a coach realizes the fans & the media aren't the problem. But enjoy. You're in it up to your neck for the long haul.

You're sucking me right back in Mike. How do you know Mike rallied the team around Chandler? If he did, he did a ____ poor job of it. Using the media is a part of rallying the team. it's a part of rallying the community. In this case their is no difference between the team, the media & the community. Unless the coach disrespects his own fan base so much he is constantly trying to use his sad ass lack of a fan base as a motivator for his team. And that is going to end in one result. And that result isn't good. No matter how anyone spins it, the needle will still go back to failure unless a coach realizes the fans & the media aren't the problem. But enjoy. You're in it up to your neck for the long haul.
    Bottom line is Fl St was just more talented than the Cajuns all over the field. Wasn’t about the x’s and the o’s it was about the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s. Peyton Manning in his prime wouldn’t have done much better behind center on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    He appeared to be walking around with a brace yesterday in Doak Walker. One would think if he needed surgery it would have taken place already. Maybe not as bad as we think. Might just be a strained ACL and not torn.
    No, they won't do the surgery the day after the injury generally speaking. They want swelling to go down. He can still walk if the ACL is torn.

You would think your beat writer would notice someone not be at practice for three days if he’s supposed to be covering the team

15. Default Re: Wooldridge Injured

But he ain’t he’s covering the LSU WBB

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information