Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Wooldridge Injured

Default Re: Official word on Wooldridge:

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    So I'm looking at this story in one of two ways. First of all, I sincerely hope that Ben is okay & that nothing did occur. This would mean that university's trusted inside people had the correct information & were on top of the team pulse & had a damn good reason for being paid to cover this program. This would also mean that internet sources & news were just a bunch of rumor mongers not worthy to be taken seriously,

The other way to look at it is the officially paid sources of news information for this university are nothing more than a bunch of tools. Clowns to be used by the university to put out any disinformation they so choose & really never again to be taken seriously. And that internet sources including & especially those who take large amounts of their own personal time to cover & promote this program need to be taken seriously & not denied a place at the table when it comes to respect as well as access to media credentialing & interviews by our coaches, administration & teams.

To me this is the bell cow story, or non story of this football season. And in mind it will determine who I should trust going forward.
    Counting players, staff, administration, trainers, managers, etc you don't think news will leak?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Counting players, staff, administration, trainers, managers, etc you don't think news will leak?
    And if it "leaks" don't you think that a good two to three days after that leak either the "official beat writer", or the "official sports carrier" of the program should have a known correct answer for the public? Or is the public just a bunch of unworthy morons who are supposed to blindly support the program & get treated like garbage in the dumpster?

And if it "leaks" don't you think that a good two to three days after that leak either the "official beat writer", or the "official sports carrier" of the program should have a known correct answer for the public? Or is the public just a bunch of unworthy morons who are supposed to blindly support the program & get treated like garbage in the dumpster?
    You now know the news so who cares who else don't.

You just pin pointed the exact very reason why this school gets no support in this community then. This isn't some secret club that only the "insiders" with the magic password should be able to share. This is supposed to be a professionally run program with reliable news sources that can make us aware of what is going on ahead of time so we aren't shocked ( in a horrible way) by whatever events occur come Saturday afternoon.

5. Default Re: Official word on Wooldridge:

Care or not Kyle is right.

If the public had read microfiche stories from the Kaliste Saloom when he was writing sports stories and hand delivering them on a bike to the Advertiser that mirrored today, we would not know him as Judge Saloom.

You just pin pointed the exact very reason why this school gets no support in this community then. This isn't some secret club that only the "insiders" with the magic password should be able to share. This is supposed to be a professionally run program with reliable news sources that can make us aware of what is going on ahead of time so we aren't shocked ( in a horrible way) by whatever events occur come Saturday afternoon.
    Concur.

You think the TAF doesn't know what is EXACTLY going in their locker room?

We choose to run the business of modern day FBS football like it's 1972.

Until we change this, we will never grow this program.

Anyone with a problem with CMD for not publicly announcing that he has an injured QB is a complete imbecile. Why tip off your competition that they need to prepare for something else. If you want to get down to it shame on the people who leaked it out of the complex.

I was at the QB club meeting yesterday. When asked about injuries, the only name mentioned that would not play was Jordan Lawson. CMD said everyone is nicked up this time of year and no mention of any changes at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    Anyone with a problem with CMD for not publicly announcing that he has an injured QB is a complete imbecile. Why tip off your competition that they need to prepare for something else. If you want to get down to it shame on the people who leaked it out of the complex.
    I don't have a problem with Mike trying to keep this under his his vest IF in fact it is true. What I do have a problem with is the university only allowing their hand picked tools to cover the program because they know these people are so lazy & inept, or corrupt they will just play right along. I have news for people. That is not a free press. That is suppression of the facts.

If I didn't personally know the sources I got my info from, I would swear they were just rabble rousing liars trying to cause problems for a player & consequently the team when in reality they might be trying to keep a lot of people from making a big mistake by taking an abnormally large point spread based on a lie, or complete disinformation. I will swear on the Holy Bible that Cory Diaz stated unequivocally that when asked if Ben Wooldridge had any physical issues, or injury he stated that Ben would be starting this game & he didn't SEE anything wrong with him.

I can guarantee you had a story broken out about Jaden Daniels being hurt this Monday, by Friday every single TV & radio station in BR as well as the papers would have been all over it giving every piece of info they could gather one way, or the other.

10. Default Re: Official word on Wooldridge:

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    Correct, but you don't put out false information either.

You stay silent.

I'm pretty confident Mike would stay silent and not put out false information.

Guess we are going to find out in less than 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Correct, but you don't put out false information either.

You stay silent.

I'm pretty confident Mike would stay silent and not put out false information.
    If Mike wants to stay quiet, or even lie about it. It's his prerogative. It's the media's responsibility to find out the facts & report them to the community the coach not withstanding.

It's the school's responsibility to allow a free press to have access to potential sources of news no matter what they are covering as long as they act responsibly in the release of information.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Guess we are going to find out in less than 24 hours.
    That we will.

14. Default Re: Official word on Wooldridge:

If Mike wants to stay quiet, or even lie about it. It's his prerogative. It's the media's responsibility to find out the facts & report them to the community the coach not withstanding.

It's the school's responsibility to allow a free press to have access to potential sources of news no matter what they are covering as long as they act responsibly in the release of information.
    There are instances where there is an actual disclosure law on the books.

If I recall, in certain instances the law requires silence. More aptly named, non-disclosure law.

I'm ready for the Zeon show!!!
    Matter of fact, I'd like to see em run Chandler, Zeon and Legendre out there! Keep em guessing

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information