Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Tailgating Discussion

Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Are spots and tents and things required? Is “tailgating” on a smaller scale allowed in general parking, just sitting in the back of a small pickup truck with radio on and an ice chest for example? and if so fee or no fee?

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Are spots and tents and things required? Is “tailgating” on a smaller scale allowed in general parking, just sitting in the back of a small pickup truck with radio on and an ice chest for example? and if so fee or no fee?
    Tailgating in the parking area is allowed. No tents or open flames allowed.

Thanks, technically the smaller scale pickup truck would be true tailgating. RVs and Tents dont actually have “tail gates”

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I am a small sample size of one person, but I have a young family of four and I'd consider myself a diehard. I would love a tailgating spot, but at the current price I am not willing to invest in a spot.

I can see how people with established groups may not see it as a big chunk of change if they can split the cost, but I'm at the point where I'm just trying to convince friends and family to come to the game.
    Same here. With increased prices and the whole investment required just to buy parking passes it became a product that was unnecessary. Especially when my wife was often gone on weekends with one of the kids and may not use the pass.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    When you realize that you’re not the type of fan that moves the needle on getting to that next level, your mind will open up to solutions. Until then, there’s nothing else to discuss.
    You obviously haven't read my many other post on the numerous threads on this topic. I am one with vision on this subject and it is much larger than inside the gates of Cajun field. To fix tailgating inside of CF all you have to do is fix the problems inside the stadium at Cajun field. You make that desirable and Cajun field tailgating will fix itself as it is very affordable and a very good deal for the location of a 20x20 spot. I am in TG 1 the most "prime spots" and I pay less than 100 dollars per game. You can't get that value for that size spot anywhere. If you want to grow tailgating to the likes of 30k you have to think out side of CF gates. I have posted those thoughts many times. Look them up if you are interested.

If I were to change one thing at CF it would not be the cost of the spot maybe go down on the level of investment by a couple of hundred. You may get new members to the RCAF who join just to buy a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    If I were to change one thing at CF it would not be the cost of the spot maybe go down on the level of investment by a couple of hundred. You may get new members to the RCAF who join just to buy a spot.
    So make it cheaper to get a tailgating spot?

8. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    ... You may get new members to the RCAF who join just to buy a spot.
    This is the problem.

RCAF membership should not be a prerequisite.

I don't have a problem with RCAF members getting priority spots, but forcing spots to become RCAF donors is cash flow dumb.

9. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This is the problem.

RCAF membership should not be a prerequisite.

I don't have a problem with RCAF members getting priority spots, but forcing spots to become RCAF donors is cash flow dumb.
    Forcing people to be RCAF donors is another reason why RCAF membership numbers are in the tank. It's not a privilege or a perk to be an RCAF donor. It's a ball and chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Forcing people to be RCAF donors is another reason why RCAF membership numbers are in the tank. It's not a privilege or a perk to be an RCAF donor. It's a ball and chain.
    IIRC, when RCAF became a requirement for tailgating, it had to be general fund and not to individual sports. I know this was more of a baseball/softball thing, but I'd have to guess that there are some football only fans that were turned off by that as well. I believe it's since been changed but has that been communicated to those that made changes to their investments in the program (be it dropped tickets, tailgating, RCAF donations, attendance)?

11. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

IIRC, when RCAF became a requirement for tailgating, it had to be general fund and not to individual sports. I know this was more of a baseball/softball thing, but I'd have to guess that there are some football only fans that were turned off by that as well. I believe it's since been changed but has that been communicated to those that made changes to their investments in the program (be it dropped tickets, tailgating, RCAF donations, attendance)?
    I don't know the answer for certain but judging by history, I'd bet it hasn't.

12. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

IIRC? Help me, I’m not familiar with that, or forgotten what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I don't know the answer for certain but judging by history, I'd bet it hasn't.
    are the other assumptions correct? don't want to spread if not true.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    IIRC? Help me, I’m not familiar with that, or forgotten what it is.
    If I recall correctly

15. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

are the other assumptions correct? don't want to spread if not true.
    Yes, the general fund comment is correct. Not sure if it's been changed. Which in the end, is the larger point. Our fanbase at large really never knows what the hell is happening.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information