Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Tailgating Discussion

Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    And as I recall from older threads you are a former tailgater, season ticket holder, and RCAF member. Have you ever been contacted by the university for your input?
    not once

2. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    What makes you think giving away TG spots would generate that kind of crowd?
    People want to be where people are and right now the upper deck ain't selling the come here moment, while a lot of full of tailgaters can and did.

Not sure another thread is needed on this, people have had enough of the administration and are showing it by not tailgating or coming to games. When things were good they should have been polling people about why they attend, why do they tailgate, etc... and try to continue that pattern. Instead we seem to be upside down and wondering how we got there.

This shouldn't be that hard. Offer tailgating spots in 3 tiers, based on quality of spot. $50/game, $100/game, $150/game. When you get a tailgating "season pass", you select which games you want. You must purchase at least 3 (maybe 4) games. After a set deadline, all spots go on sale for single games only, at 25% more than the season pass price.

It's not hard.

Also, no RCAF donation required. You're not going to lose all that money. If the RCAF requirement goes away, some people (not all, but some) will increase their donations accordingly. Plus, RCAF requirements with tailgate spots are a relatively small line item in the income sheet anyway.

WE HAVE TO MAKE IT EASY FOR PEOPLE TO COME TO THE GAMES.

5. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    This shouldn't be that hard. Offer tailgating spots in 3 tiers, based on quality of spot. $50/game, $100/game, $150/game. When you get a tailgating "season pass", you select which games you want. You must purchase at least 3 (maybe 4) games. After a set deadline, all spots go on sale for single games only, at 25% more than the season pass price.

It's not hard.

Also, no RCAF donation required. You're not going to lose all that money. If the RCAF requirement goes away, some people (not all, but some) will increase their donations accordingly. Plus, RCAF requirements with tailgate spots are a relatively small line item in the income sheet anyway.

Institute this now for next year and they will make 3 times the money as last year.

Let people get on board NOW. Early,adopters will become your best sales force.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    not once
    We claim to want to be big time. Could fool me.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    I can guarantee there is a direct correlation between the amount of people tailgating before the game and the amount of people who go in the stadium.

I don't ever recall seeing a ghost town in the tailgating area and then 30K in the stands.

All of our largest crowds had a huge turnout for tailgating.
    Well know doubt about that. Since tailgating is what you do before a game usually those numbers do correlate. That doesn't mean necessarily mean cheaper tailgating would make more people interested in ragin cajuns football. Although I have seen packed tailgates over the years and empty stadiums once the game started. Which proves those that want to go inside cajun field are still going. Those that went just for the party then that never entered the stadium no longer use TGing as a place to party.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    People want to be where people are and right now the upper deck ain't selling the come here moment, while a lot of full of tailgaters can and did.
    Yep. I have had a tailgate spot since 96. I can recall the days when tailgating was the place to be and once the game started most either left or just kept on tailgating.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I know what's not generating a crowd.....
    Yes. It's inside the stadium not out. Until you fix all those issues from the entrance to the concessions you'll never fix attendance.

10. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

Yep. I have had a tailgate spot since 96. I can recall the days when tailgating was the place to be and once the game started most either left or just kept on tailgating.
    That's fine, it was a buzz mat to The Swamp.

It's not hard.

I like this idea...but I also like an auction as was previously posted. Anyone with a current TG spot has right of first refusal before it gets opened up for bid/sale. Also, on the east side, there are a bunch of spots next to CF under the Oaks that look like they haven't been used...Prime locations.

This shouldn't be that hard. Offer tailgating spots in 3 tiers, based on quality of spot. $50/game, $100/game, $150/game.
    We have three tiers now, it's just that they are stupid tiers. You can pay $425 to tailgate on the corner of Congress & Bertrand, or you can pay $500 for the best spots around the stadium.

How ridiculous is that?

Who wouldn't pay $75 more ($12 per game) to upgrade?

Seems like the spots out in BFE should be $250-$300 max.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I like this idea...but I also like an auction as was previously posted. Anyone with a current TG spot has right of first refusal before it gets opened up for bid/sale.
    I like the auction idea also, but could you imagine the administration trying to run an auction? They can't even figure out how to sell nachos and waters.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That's fine, it was a buzz mat to The Swamp.
    Have the band...cheerleaders etc move amongst the tailgaters prior to the cajun walk, maybe some incentive to come into CF...or make what happens inside CF such an awesome f'ing event you can not refuse to come into CF. How about ringing that GD (gosh darn) bell a half hour before kickoff to sort of signal everyone to your seats...

14. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

We're very far away from that right now. I see this as a complete overhaul at this point.
    People didn't go into the stadium for the same reason then as now; ____ty game day experience, inconvenient, losing football, terrible concessions. Now add to that, higher prices, miscommunication from the admin about renovating, lack of promotion...

If we're going to make a massive shift in how we tailgate, NOW is the time to do it. Blame it on construction of the West side, move everyone to the East lot / Camellia / CD parking area / Bourgois / Park area. Open up the damn Table Room! A total and complete waste of money to this point, that doesn't get used a fraction of the time it should be used.

Get rid (or drastically reduce) the mandatory RCAF stuff, lower the RV lot spots, and tier the cost based on location of the tailgate spots. I like Charlie's idea about auctioning off spots. It could be made into a live event, but probably easier online. SO EASY. All tailgate spots along the fences or boundaries of the properties should be FREE. Make the property look slam packed! Make it almost impossible for the students not to go into the game by opening the stadium TO THE STUDENTS ONLY during tailgate time. Bring back the students vs football players flag football games. Make the stadium PART of tailgating, somehow.

Build a damn third party site to sell tickets and tailgating spots on the secondary market for all sports. Make it easy to use and MARKET the hell out of it.

This is not hard.

15. Default Re: Tailgating Discussion

I would hold off on the auction till its packed again.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information