Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk Ragin Pagin

Default Re: Let's Talk Ragin Pagin

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Thanks for all that you do turbine.

As can be seen from my posts, I am usually supportive of all athletes that have given of their eligibility to play for Louisiana, supportive of the coaches who have contracted to coach our teams at Louisiana and generally in support of each team that Louisiana dresses out from time to time.

I find it amazing the self serving grandiose positions of those who show up here to criticize our athletes, coaches and the University and find it appalling that I have called them out on these and taken positions adverse to them and in support of our athletes, coaches and university. There are some egos on this board that believe that they are the end all be all as to any given sport and that the observation, posts and opinions of others are not relevant and should not appear here. Should this be a board where these can't be challenged? That is what they want. As a couple have posted above, these are most in need of taking a step back and realize the point of this board and for all to have opinions without being bullied or harassed about their opinion.

Too many claim their opinions to be fact and paramount vis a vis the opinion of others and that is when things get personal and out of control. Then, out of those #knowitalls came the Cancel Culture group that basically started appearing of late. Is this appropriate conduct for this board?

This site is great and I will continue using it to discuss Cajuns sports and defend the athletes that chose to represent our university, the coaches that chose to coach here and the athletic teams that represent Louisiana.

Geaux Cajuns !!!

PS I have no one on ignore.
    Vic, I appreciate your defense and opinion of our student athletes. While I don’t think you mean any Ill will towards fellow RPers, you do get personal a lot and come off as an attacker. I don’t know you but we do agree on a lot of athletic topics. Everything outside of athletics you’re on your own. I don’t agree with the way you go about what you call defending athletes. I don’t think our student athletes need you insulting fellow fans. I’m not trying to start anything with you are anyone else here. You do need to take blame for the derailment of many threads. I’m don’t know what you do throughout your day, but you have a quick trigger in response to just about every post. Like MAT said “ pay per post” would most definitely temper the board and/or some here would have to start robbing banks. Haha.

With respect to all Cajun fans
    Jacob 81

No 3 has finally stepped up. This is another one that post nothing here other than about Vic.
    Oddly enough, everything you post is, in one way or another, about Vic.

3. Default Re: Let's Talk Ragin Pagin

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Oddly enough, everything you post is, in one way or another, about Vic.
    It’s from Vic, and most of what I post is about Cajun’s sports. Sorry you are getting hung up with the red herrings . . .

It’s from Vic, and most of what I post is about Cajun’s sports. Sorry you are getting hung up with the red herrings . . .
    Man, you have a weird, sad obsession with this internet character you've created....I think you should start over. There is no way you can be like this in real life.

If anyone has such an overriding problem with a poster why don't they just ignore him? Why does this have to be so complicated? Just don't respond. Move on. All of these other solutions are killing a fly with an atomic bomb. And the constant pruning of threads makes them almost unfollowable. I'd rather read through the gunk and be able to understand the flow.

6. Default Re: Let's Talk Ragin Pagin

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Man, you have a weird, sad obsession with this internet character you've created....I think you should start over. There is no way you can be like this in real life.
    Thanks for asking . . . don’t lose any sleep over it . . . I’ll be just fine . . . Others here, I’m not sure about . . .

LoL! Its hilarious that I have 1 person on ignore, yet just from reading everyones comments, it makes it clear who the issue of this whole subject is about. Classic. Some stories write themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I think we could definitely do donation drives like we've done in the past, but hiding a board behind a paywall hides board activity, and deters newcomers and guests from perceived board inactivity.

Perhaps we can donate and get a nice little badge next to our usernames as a benefactor of RP? Digital version of an RCAF vehicle decal.
    Agree! I like your idea

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I think we could definitely do donation drives like we've done in the past, but hiding a board behind a paywall hides board activity, and deters newcomers and guests from perceived board inactivity.

Perhaps we can donate and get a nice little badge next to our usernames as a benefactor of RP? Digital version of an RCAF vehicle decal.
    I like this idea.

Turbine, this site is my go to for all things Ragin Cajun athletics. It's amazing how quickly breaking news appears on RP....and some of it actually being truthful! LOL! Thanks for all you do and for all the things you do we don't know about!

I have multiple people on ignore, and my experience has improved because of it. I do it not because I agree or disagree with their posts, but because their posts add zero to the topic and my overall knowledge of UL athletics.

I do believe everyone fairly active on the site to be Ragin Cajun fans at heart, but how they believe that fandom can or should be displayed varies widely.

I would have no issues with a paywall, but definitely don't believe that would grow the Ragin' Cajun fanbase or forum. To me, we need MORE diversity of ideas and thought, not less. We want more fans on here, getting excited about all things Ragin' Cajun athletically related.

This why I left Delphi many years ago. Some people just suck. They need to stop making them. The ignore feature is a wonderful feature to get rid of the middle schoolers. WE MAY DISAGREE BUT WE ALL COME HERE FOR ONE COMMON GOAL. THAT IS TO SUPPORT AND PROMOTE OUR UNIVERSITY. We should treat each other better.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    If anyone has such an overriding problem with a poster why don't they just ignore him? Why does this have to be so complicated? Just don't respond. Move on. All of these other solutions are killing a fly with an atomic bomb. And the constant pruning of threads makes them almost unfollowable. I'd rather read through the gunk and be able to understand the flow.
    A number of people have him on ignore but the problem is that when thread derailment begins you often see people's response to him as well as his comments since they are often quoting him so its like we're in the middle of it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    A number of people have him on ignore but the problem is that when thread derailment begins you often see people's response to him as well as his comments since they are often quoting him so its like we're in the middle of it anyway.
    This right here

Hey, I wish a few would put me on their ignore. We need a button for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Hey, I wish a few would put me on their ignore. We need a button for that.
    I'm sure most on here take requests. Just ask them to do it and I'm sure they'd be happy to....

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information