Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Montrell Johnson portalets out to Florida

1. Default Re: Montrell Johnson portalets out to Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Like everyone else, I'm disappointed that we have lost some of our guys to the portal and to other programs. However, I'm not sure why now, many on this board want to say that they were not that good, when most of them played a BIG role in the only 10, 11 & 13 win seasons in UL history!!! I hate to lose them, but to now try and diminish their talent is crazy! Johnson, Bailey, Lacy, Garner, Torrance, etc. were all very good players while at UL and will still be good players at their new destinations. But the good news is that UL still has many good players who still want to be here. I backed away from the cliff once the disappointment wore off.
    This^

Default Re: Montrell Johnson portalets out to Florida

Like everyone else, I'm disappointed that we have lost some of our guys to the portal and to other programs. However, I'm not sure why now, many on this board want to say that they were not that good, when most of them played a BIG role in the only 10, 11 & 13 win seasons in UL history!!! I hate to lose them, but to now try and diminish their talent is crazy! Johnson, Bailey, Lacy, Garner, Torrance, etc. were all very good players while at UL and will still be good players at their new destinations. But the good news is that UL still has many good players who still want to be here. I backed away from the cliff once the disappointment wore off.
    If they weren’t good nobody would care so there is that. Society today I guess

I think it's just bargaining as fans move their way through the stages of grief. All those guys were good. That's why it's so tough. It's not like you had backups leaving. Those were starters. Conference award winners. Game changers.

Only reaffirms by belief that we had tremendous talent. Confirms we had SEC talent in some positions. The kids remaining on the roster were analyzed, scouted and recruited by the same coaches as the ones that left. Some of the ones that left were not even the best players at their position. I believe there are SEC talented players still left on the roster. Some have played, some have not. Time to find out.

Yes it does suck that we are losing Johnson and Bailey. To say that Montrell wasn't that good is ridiculous. If he was still on the team nobody would be saying I hope Montrell doesn't play much or get a lot of carries next season. I saw him play even in high school and was impressed and was elated when he signed with UL. For him to go to Florida he has to have talent. Do I like it? NO. However, it seems we have some depth at RB and hopefully they will step up and produce now that Johnson and Bailey are gone.

To all the transfers: good bye, good luck, I hope you fail, disingenuous turds. Thank you good night!

7. Default Re: Montrell Johnson portalets out to Florida

We’re going to miss them, but as has been said we’ve got some pretty awesome people waiting and maturing into the next three headed monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    To all the transfers: good bye, good luck, I hope you fail, disingenuous turds. Thank you good night!
    Yup. F them..

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    So if someone offered you a $50000 raise and a chance for advancement you would turn it down out of loyalty to your current employer?

Chris Smith! Our best RB. Dude will light it up next year! Thanks for staying

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Yup. F them..
    3rd

Default Re: Montrell

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    He, Torrence, and the other OL that transferred are all magically 4 stars now
    Don't forget about Emani. He's now a 4 star also. I didn't realize that we had so many 4 star players on our team.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Chris Smith! Our best RB. Dude will light it up next year! Thanks for staying
    Love Chris! But I graded Amani and Montrell ahead of him.

With that said he is the best compliment to a power/physical RB.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    So if someone offered you a $50000 raise and a chance for advancement you would turn it down out of loyalty to your current employer?
    Who is getting 50k?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Who is getting 50k?
    I don't know how much any of these guys are going to get through NIL. But, I am willing to bet it is considerably more than they could get f they stayed.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information