Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Montrell Johnson portalets out to Florida

Default Re: Montrell

Don’t let the door hit ya..

Default Re: Montrell Johnson portalets out to Florida

First, we don't want players that don't want to be here, so later dude.

Secondly, all RB's can run, but not all have the talent that stands out. We lost 2 that were the best of what we had this season. It is what this team has relied on for the past 8-10 years, and especially the last 4. Coach Des and Staff need to get more talent signed this next month at the RB position.

This is a Chris Smith appreciation post.

Default Re: Montrell

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Jabbar. It'll be interesting to watch the RB situation there next year with Etienne going there. All I'll say is I hope he made the right decision for himself, and good luck.

Deuces.
    It is my understanding that citizen out of LC college prep might be there too. He might be the best of that bunch.

I never thought Montrell was great. His 4.9 average had a 99yarder in it. It’s 4.2 without that run. He is a solid short yardage runner between the tackles. I think we have guys on the roster already that can fill that roll and not miss a beat. It’s bailey’s style we need to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I never thought Montrell was great. His 4.9 average had a 99yarder in it. It’s 4.2 without that run. He is a solid short yardage runner between the tackles. I think we have guys on the roster already that can fill that roll and not miss a beat. It’s bailey’s style we need to replace.
    Agree. I think Montrell may be disappointed with how much he sees the field at Florida.

Bailey is a a loss, he is a stud.

7. Default Re: Montrell Johnson portalets out to Florida

Don’t believe his NIL is dependent upon any yardage.

That's your opinion. I think Montrell was the best of the group. The last 4 games or so, he didn't play like the games prior to that. I believe he was banged up a bit. I also liked Bailey too.

Tell yourself whatever you need to to get through this rough period.

There's a reason why Juluke & Napier are picking this guy up. Him leaving is a blow to our team.

10. Default Re: Montrell Johnson portalets out to Florida

Montell was great, he had MoJo

However, what was he before Ragas and Mitchell turned pro?

A highschooler.

Someone will take his place.

We’ll never know definitely, but come on, the guys that portled out to FL knew exactly where they were going before the entered their name. Say “it’s business,” but it sounds like a violation.

Agreed. He wasn't Ragas

Montrell can thank Dontae Fleming for taking out 3 stAte defenders on that run.

Look I’m mad he left. I’m even more mad that he is going to Florida. I think he is good but not great, yet. I also think he’s making a mistake by leaving. But let’s face it, had Bailey not got injured then he would have been freshman of the year. Not Montrell. It sucks losing both but replacing Bailey will be far more difficult than replacing Johnson.

Any truth to him being recruited and promised a shot at the NFL by juluke?

Like everyone else, I'm disappointed that we have lost some of our guys to the portal and to other programs. However, I'm not sure why now, many on this board want to say that they were not that good, when most of them played a BIG role in the only 10, 11 & 13 win seasons in UL history!!! I hate to lose them, but to now try and diminish their talent is crazy! Johnson, Bailey, Lacy, Garner, Torrance, etc. were all very good players while at UL and will still be good players at their new destinations. But the good news is that UL still has many good players who still want to be here. I backed away from the cliff once the disappointment wore off.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information