Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Mekhi Garner portalets out to LSU

Default Re: Mekhi Garner portalets out to LSU

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if K Lacy ends up there as well
    TJ Finley is pushing hard for him at Auburn.

While we are pretty anal-retentive about UL vs. ULL (and I led the pack on that one), I'm sure there hasn't been any sort of primer from coaches that says "Use UL, damnit." And, while our enemies use the second L on purpose, our student-athletes don't. If you are suggesting Mekhi did it as a "parting shot" to our university, you're just not very informed. (I was going to use an insult there, but thought better of it.

Concerning those that transfer out. You don't have to root for them once they're gone. But if you are a true fan and not some self serving idiot, you'll pause to thank them for the contributions they've made to our program. They were, after all, part of the reason we are where we are.

I wish Mekhi well, regardless of where he goes to school. He's a good young man. His choice of schools doesn't take anything away from that.

Carry on.

I think it's interesting how all our guys that have or are expected to transfer to SEC schools have mysteriously become 4 stars. Waits had 0 stars a few days ago, and is now a 4 star. I'm sure Lacy and Garner are next. I know lots of people say stars don't matter. If that's the case, why are ratings automatically increased when someone moves to the SEC? Rhetorical question, really. Just a little frustrating.

Default Re: Mekhi Garner

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    There is no coaches orientation.

There is no player orientation.

There is no media department orientation.

They learn through osmosis or they learn through mistakes, or they learn not at all.

A savey recruiter and coach knows he can recruit better to Louisiana but it ends there.
    Slight thread-jacking.....

Like him or not, Hud asked the question, " What's my name?" And it was both explicit and implicit the answer was THE University of Louisiana.

I remember his pictures at freshman orientations with the entire incoming class.

Also remember him out there on the first days of school handing out donuts, fruit, and sno-cones.

Again, like him or not, Hud was a great promoter of what would become the #cULture.

5. Default Re: Mekhi Garner

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Slight thread-jacking.....

Like him or not, Hud asked the question, " What's my name?" And it was both explicit and implicit the answer was THE University of Louisiana.

I remember his pictures at freshman orientations with the entire incomeing class.

Also remember him out there on the first days of school handing out donuts, fruit, and sno-cones.

Again, like him or not, Hud was a great promoter of what would become the #cULture.
    Peanut was another one that just comprehended what was important.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    While we are pretty anal-retentive about UL vs. ULL (and I led the pack on that one), I'm sure there hasn't been any sort of primer from coaches that says "Use UL, damnit." And, while our enemies use the second L on purpose, our student-athletes don't. If you are suggesting Mekhi did it as a "parting shot" to our university, you're just not very informed. (I was going to use an insult there, but thought better of it.

Concerning those that transfer out. You don't have to root for them once they're gone. But if you are a true fan and not some self serving idiot, you'll pause to thank them for the contributions they've made to our program. They were, after all, part of the reason we are where we are.

I wish Mekhi well, regardless of where he goes to school. He's a good young man. His choice of schools doesn't take anything away from that.

Carry on.
    I will repeat my statement. I will respect all coaches and players while they are here at this university. When they leave the campus, and the manner in which they they leave will dictate whether I continue to follow their career. I will not contact them, wishing them poor health and failure.

I text Coach Napier when he left and wished he and his family the best. But I did not like the way he conducted himself in the end. And I stand on that based upon what I've learned.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if K Lacy ends up there as well
    Per his twitter account it looks like he's leaning to Auburn. But who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I will repeat my statement. I will respect all coaches and players while they are here at this university. When they leave the campus, and the manner in which they they leave will dictate whether I continue to follow their career. I will not contact them, wishing them poor health and failure.

I text Coach Napier when he left and wished he and his family the best. But I did not like the way he conducted himself in the end. And I stand on that based upon what I've learned.
    Fair and reasonable…..

Just curious did Napier text you back? Asking because I know some who he was very close to here and did the same and did not get as much as a thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Just curious did Napier text you back? Asking because I know some who he was very close to here and did the same and did not get as much as a thank you.
    Nope, I did not either. But it doesn't matter, I thanked him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFan View Post
    Per his twitter account it looks like he's leaning to Auburn. But who knows.
    UL connection at Auburn.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    UL connection at Auburn.
    Nope, not any longer.

Nope, not any longer.
    Zac & Ryan are gone?

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Zac & Ryan are gone?
    Zac is still there and he's the one throwing out the offers because he recruited Louisiana and knows our players. Ryan began working for another SEC program Monday. Everything will be official soon.

Who cares? He's gone.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information