Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Montrell Johnson portalets out to Florida

Default Re: Montrell

Hate to see him go, but....
    Like Ive said many times....Emani Bailey is our best back, and its not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Yep, and Emani is twice the back Johnson is. UL will be just fine without him.
    Unless he goes into the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    Unless he goes into the portal.
    Billy Boudin needs to feed that man with a NIL right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Montrell not near as good as Ragas or Elijah Mitchell. He's heavy footed and doen't break tackles. Course, he was a FR so expect he'll improve but didn't see elite talent out of him this year.
    He may play next year do to lack of depth. Give that staff a full year at Fla with summer prospect camps and they will have 3 or 4 backs with better speed that Montrell.

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Desormeaux and our staff have work to do going forward, there is no other way to address it. Let me also say that Billy Napier, Juluke and Toney have made this very personal. This isn't just about the NIL, they have deliberately targeted this program's roster. And before someone says it's legal with the NIL, that doesn't make it ethical! I would be upset had they left for other programs, but these are coaches they worked side by side with, and called friends. I understand Billy Napier was shocked when he realized things were much worse at Florida than he originally thought when he signed on, but his situational ethics is total garbage.
    It’s messed up. Not sure what Dez did to get this type of treatment.

I wonder if Billy endorsed Dez to sabotage our program??? I don’t trust anything right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunman99 View Post
    When UF lands a February commitment from Trevor Etienne, Montrell is going to regret this decision.
    Billy and Co also made an offer to TreVonte Citizen right after they officially started in Gainesville. Not a great spot for Montrell if UF can get Citizen or Etienne.

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    It’s messed up. Not sure what Dez did to get this type of treatment.

I wonder if Billy endorsed Dez to sabotage our program??? I don’t trust anything right now.
    Sounds like Billy may have touted Dez knowing Dez was inexperienced and not as connected. This so he can take advantage of Dez and UL without serious repercussions in his big boy network. Do you think Billy would have tried to take advantage of an Alabama connected coach (like Pete Golding)? Coaches seem to want to protect coaches in their coaching tree (remember Nick Saban calling to recommend Billy). But Billy will not protect his protege. In fact, Billy seems to be out to destroy his protege and the program he built here. I cannot tell you how disgusted I feel right now. The sense of betrayal is palpable.

Everyone assumes it’s all Florida. Let the dust settle.

I agree. He would always make references about his father. Even inspired comments and conversations about Coach Robe.

I wonder what these two gentlemen think about his actions over the last 30 days looking down from above.

They are very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Who knows if Montrell will end up at Florida.

I do know this. If what we’re seeing already as a result of NIL is the new path of college football, I’m not sure I see myself attending games as Cajun Field or spending any sort of monies in a manner that could end up going to the new free agency football (RCAF).

I’d rather just spend money directly for supporting baseball, softball and T&F.

I already don’t spend money supporting NFL teams.

I hope you realize this stuff will affect baseball and softball probably even more then it does football

Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post
    I hope you realize this stuff will affect baseball and softball probably even more then it does football
    I disagree. The NIL money for diamond sports will be minuscule compared to football and basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I disagree. The NIL money for diamond sports will be minuscule compared to football and basketball.
    Does not matter . It will have even more effect.

You talking about sports where half the team does not even get a full scholarship .

There will be future ragin Cajuns wearing purple and gold

14. Default ESPN 1420 UL Running Back Montrell Johnson Enters Transfer Portal

Another day, another report of a Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns football player entering the transfer portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post
    Does not matter . It will have even more effect.

You talking about sports where half the team does not even get a full scholarship .

There will be future ragin Cajuns wearing purple and gold
    The players that Louisiana St. will try to take from us will likely have a full scholarship, not 2/3 scholarship. Furthermore if they are that good they will declare for the draft following their Junior season.

I could be wrong but I don’t think it will be like football.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information