Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Are you serious? Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    So long Montrell Johnson.
    Nooooooooooooooooooo.

We need to come up with our own NIL deals quick quick!

Who broke that news?

Look at all of this. How do you keep up?

https://www.on3.com/news/the-2021-22...ortal-tracker/

Can you imagine being Des right now? I am sure Des feels betrayed as we all do.
    Why would Napier do this to us?
    oh wait - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    I sure hope we can re load with great coaches and a continued flow of good recruits.
    NIL may just be the death of G5 football - I sure hope not because I love some Cajuns football, but this just seems to easy to do. No rules, regulations, or ethics involved anymore. I can see loss of interest in college football down the road as only a few top programs will be at the top for a long time.

It’s not certain that these players in the portal will end up in Gainesville. They got limitations on roster spots and access to the highest rated players in the country.

I’m just worried that we’re losing our best players to the college equivalent of free agency. It’s extremely disappointing. These guys are game changers for us, on scholarship and thriving. You want to gamble and end up somewhere else? I’m not going to ask what’s driving them.

NIL + Unrestricted free agency (transfer portal) already killed what was left of the charm of CFB.

That’s why I was shaking my head at some of the Florida fans telling us it’s happened to them before. No, it hasn’t. They’ve never experienced a coach leave and pillage their program in the age of NIL/Transfer Portal.

Have any of you thought of why the CFP committee continues to kick the can down the road on making a decision on CFP expansion. They knew the transfer portal and NIL would pretty much kill off alot of G5 programs. They are letting this take place for a few seasons, then they can use the excuse again as to why the P5 is so much better than the G5 and leave the G5 out of any chance again of ever making the CFP once all this is said and done. They then will give G5 no choice, but to make their own playoff, hence killing off more than half CFB interest. Diehards will still support their G5 team, but there will be no more expansion of interest or funding for these universities. They will be stuck in the mud to stay at bay where they are.

That said, let's hope Des and staff use this as a motivation tool and use the Transfer Portal and NIL as they are using it against us. We have a top 25 team for the last 2 years: Why can't we do the same, just not all from the same damn team like Napier is doing to us. There are many good players out there that we can poach.
    PLAY THE GAME!!!! #LetsRide

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    NIL + Unrestricted free agency (transfer portal) already killed what was left of the charm of CFB.

That’s why I was shaking my head at some of the Florida fans telling us it’s happened to them before. No, it hasn’t. They’ve never experienced a coach leave and pillage their program in the age of NIL/Transfer Portal.
    Yeah Florida fans trying to justify this is funny. "This happens all the time, losing coaches".
    We aren't mad we lost our coaches, but to lose all of these support staff, poaching our best players (more than likely illegally) is a bit much.

All the values Napier preached were thrown out the window. I lost a lot of respect for the man

They get tired of playing in a half ass media town in front of half ass crowds...I'd leave too...

Florida fans: I don’t get why you’re so upset, all your coach has to do is hire more people.

^Casual Florida fans that have never been in a position to hire anyone.

You know how long it takes to hire a FTE for a single role? Let alone all of the support staff roles we need to hire for.

Florida fans kept saying it was a business. Well, imagine if the director of your most profitable department left and gutted the department on the way out. Don’t think you would just shake the guy’s hand and say, well gee…that’s just business, and go skipping down the sidewalk.

Wait till Nap does the same to them when he heads to Bama and takes half the staff with him. Look fwd to reading what they say then

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    It’s not certain that these players in the portal will end up in Gainesville. They got limitations on roster spots and access to the highest rated players in the country.

I’m just worried that we’re losing our best players to the college equivalent of free agency. It’s extremely disappointing. These guys are game changers for us, on scholarship and thriving. You want to gamble and end up somewhere else? I’m not going to ask what’s driving them.
    What needs to happen is when these kids don’t find the “better” landing spot they are looking for and want to return, every coach/team should say “sorry we have moved on, good luck to you”

FL fans confirmed: Napier showed up at Florida and realized he inherited a mess of a program from Mullin. Napier took the easy way and pretty much took our entire staff and now taking our players with him. Yes he hired the staff, but he is now gutting our program at his personal gain. Screw the program that made you into who you are. Guess all ethics are out the door now.
    NCAA will not investigate Florida on these players leaving issues. They are scared to touch the big time P5 programs.

15. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Don't panic

P5 only has so many slots.

MoJeaux will replace a 5-star somewhere who will then enter the portal.

The portal is open straw recruiting. Pull one in on one end and it pushes someone else out the other end.

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information