Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: THEO Akwuba (an OLE MISS miss)

UL Basketball THEO Akwuba (an OLE MISS miss)

No one can tell me this was the right thing for THEO, he should be at UL shining along side JB. Instead he was IMO bamboozled to go to OLE MISS for some NIL deal. Theo plays 10 min game. 2ppg, he was a double double over here. I wonder how much or what NIL deal made him leave? I could have came up with the same DEAL in Lafayette with 1 phone call GUARANTEED.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

From what I had heard he was ready to go play professionally overseas but the Ole Miss deal came along and was more lucrative. What those terms are and if something similar could have happened here I don’t know.

He did average the most blocks.

50K from reliable source.

We coulda game up with that for THEO!!!

5. Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    No one can tell me this was the right thing for THEO, he should be at UL shining along side JB. Instead he was IMO bamboozled to go to OLE MISS for some NIL deal. Theo plays 10 min game. 2ppg, he was a double double over here. I wonder how much or what NIL deal made him leave? I could have came up with the same DEAL in Lafayette with 1 phone call GUARANTEED.
    "Never stop recruiting."

6. Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

Good luck to you Brad. Hopefully you can achieve your life goals.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Good luck to you Brad. Hopefully you can achieve your life goals.
    THX. Life goals, I been chasing them. I’ve built a brand locally off of basketball bigger than the UL basketball brand. One day when they come together it will all be GREATNESS.

#JustWinBaby

I wonder if Theo ever thought that he would be playing so little at Ole Miss when he transferred. I understand leaving for the allure of NIL money but those numbers Brad posted are incredibly low for someone that is used to much more productivity. I didn't think he would put up the same numbers that he did at UL but I thought his rebounding numbers would at least be comparable.

50K from reliable source.

We coulda game up with that for THEO!!!
    He graduated B. He was ready to move on. Add morris going to the rebels aand the NIL deal you have your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    He graduated B. He was ready to move on. Add morris going to the rebels aand the NIL deal you have your answer.
    50K and no playing time. Just don’t add up to me.

JB got 50K to stay. Why we couldn’t do that for THEO?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    He was ready to move on.

Absolutely was sold a bigger role than he got at Ole Miss. He has to live with that. Those numbers surely wont help him get a better spot overseas.

13. Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Absolutely was sold a bigger role than he got at Ole Miss. He has to live with that. Those numbers surely wont help him get a better spot overseas.
    And this is why I've always said, NIL money might actually help smaller schools in the long run. Some kids actually love to play the game. Stories like Theo's will help them understand, the grass is not always greener.

14. Default Re: THEO A ( an OLE MISS MISS )

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    And this is why I've always said, NIL money might actually help smaller schools in the long run. Some kids actually love to play the game. Stories like Theo's will help them understand, the grass is not always greener.
    He went for the Green and the Glamour. It's the Glamour which he was shorted. In the long run, it may also be the Green.

I’ve built a brand locally off of basketball bigger than the UL basketball brand.
    Funny, I’ve heard of UL basketball my whole life. The only thing I hear about you is what you post on this board.
    Last edited by LouisianaB; November 29th, 2022 at 12:50 pm. Reason: Grammar/spelling Nazis

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information