Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: MBB Schedule 22-23

Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    not wasting my time on a program the school dont care about. but i will make a comment about the program being held hostage by the booster club. the head of the booster club and the wife of the coach should never be friends like they are friends here. it should be against policy for that level of fraternization. it played a role in keeping marlin employed. it was posted here before but how did they have money to go to puerto rico but dont have money to get good home games? something stinks there

the coach blames the ad for giving money away to other sports and gripes about basketball budget but refuses to raise money. he wont take time to raise his own money like other sports but he has plenty of time to mobilize his minions to attack anyone who speaks ill of him or his goofy assistant murphy. the people around here that are supposed to love cajuns basketball should be ashamed. yall let this group of socialites wanna bes take over a once proud program. it has been held hostage for 13 years
    No policy would stand up legally when attempting to tell people who they can and cannot be friends with or socialize with. Especially when those two people are private citizens. Jennifer Marlin was also good friends with the late Gail Savoie. She mourns her to this day.

Note, I looked at another schedule release. It shows we go to McNeese on December 15. The one shown here earlier without that game came from Twitter. The one with the McNeese game on it comes from the Ragin CAjun MBB Facebook home page. I have confirmed the one with us going to Lake Charles to play the Cowboys on DEc. 15 is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Note, I looked at another schedule release. It shows we go to McNeese on December 15. Note sure what version is correct. I suspect the one with the McNeese game on it is correct.
    Will probably make that game. Interested in seeing their new venue. Seems like a really cool idea having the venue within the APC. Growing up in LC, I can’t emphasize enough how badly they needed a venue like this on (or close) to campus. Driving out of town to Burton was terrible.

4. Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

We had a home and home scheduled with the Golden Eagles before the conference expansion.
    Yeah, that's what I was referring to.

No policy would stand up legally when attempting to tell people who they can and cannot be friends with or socialize with. Especially when those two people are private citizens. Jennifer Marlin was also good friends with the late Gail Savoie. She mourns her to this day.
    when the head of the booster club is actively politicking every athletic administrator in the building to keep the coach who just happens to be the husband of her best friend. you think thats not inappropriate????

6. Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

when the head of the booster club is actively politicking every athletic administrator in the building to keep the coach who just happens to be the husband of her best friend. you think thats not inappropriate????
    It just goes to show you that there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Doesn't a cat have like 9 lives?

Executive--you are not seeing the big picture, you need to think as an executive--who keeps this person you reference as the head of the booster club. Who also appointed this same person to the RCAF board. Do you need a hint?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    Executive--you are not seeing the big picture, you need to think as an executive--who keeps this person you reference as the head of the booster club. Who also appointed this same person to the RCAF board. Do you need a hint?
    you support the hc but want the ad fired? or you blaming Tjoe?

you support the hc but want the ad fired? or you blaming Tjoe?
    I look at who is allowing everything you are complaining about to happen. By allowing those things to happen, it is a sign they are agreeing with those things. I don't blame the head of the booster club for doing what she does, her actions got her appointed to the RCAF board of directors. One can conclude that people in charge think very highly of her.

You think the schedule sucks, you think they should have fired Marlin, etc--I am not saying I disagree with this. I am saying look deep to see who is ultimately responsible for these decisions. Who is responsible for not replacing our top 2 RCAF employees who resigned? Who states they can't do anything about the merchandise available at the Ragin Cajun store, directing people to complain to the store manager? Who is ultimately responsible for the game day experience? Who controls the RCAF board of directors? This person is ultimately responsible for all those decisions people are complaining about.

Concerning the number of non D-1 games:

USA, Troy, stAte and TXst have not released their schedules.

ODU is playing one non D-1, Marshall and JMU-2

GS, GSU, CCU, APP, USM, ULM and UL are playing three.

11. Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post

Opponents - opponents won't do Louisiana many favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Opponents - opponents won't do Louisiana many favors.
    Correct. And, each school will tell you the same thing. The budget won't let them buy multiple D-1 home games. Marshall is buying Chicago State and Coppin State.

And, if you're buying D-1's that is the quality you're getting for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post

Well as long as everyone else is striving for mediocrity with us…

14. Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

The Sunbelt mandatory home game count really forces a weak schedule for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    I look at who is allowing everything you are complaining about to happen. By allowing those things to happen, it is a sign they are agreeing with those things. I don't blame the head of the booster club for doing what she does, her actions got her appointed to the RCAF board of directors. One can conclude that people in charge think very highly of her.

You think the schedule sucks, you think they should have fired Marlin, etc--I am not saying I disagree with this. I am saying look deep to see who is ultimately responsible for these decisions. Who is responsible for not replacing our top 2 RCAF employees who resigned? Who states they can't do anything about the merchandise available at the Ragin Cajun store, directing people to complain to the store manager? Who is ultimately responsible for the game day experience? Who controls the RCAF board of directors? This person is ultimately responsible for all those decisions people are complaining about.
    sounds like we both know her actions didnt get her appointed anywhere. her money got her the appointment. lets not act like an appointment to the rcaf board is a huge promotion. its the booster club on steroids at this juncture in history. maggard does hold responsibility for the failures lately. people are not blind to that

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information