Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Serious question.

What goes on at an LSU that makes the "gameday experience" more desireable?

Is there organized tailgating immediately around Tiger Stadium? And is it free?

Is there a band playing at a stage prior to the game?

Is there (probably) tens of thousands of parking space around Tiger Stadium (and a good chunk of them are free)?

Are fraternity and sorority rows all within easy walking distance of Cajun Field?
    perception of big boy football, exciting and unfortunately iconic pregame show, perceived "place to be"

2. Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Trick people into showing up and people will show up organically.

Someone or something needs to initially turn the wheel and it will become a perpetual motion machine ... up and until some admin type hits the brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    But UL ALREADY HAS FREE PARKING. It’s right across the street from the stadium no other school in the country offers that. It’s already one of the most economic deals in all of the FBS. By the way are you that guy I have to run out of my seat every game?
    I wouldn’t know lol. I’m just making the point that right now, there is absolutely no incentive to buy a reserved seat. Those people are being suckered right now. GA is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Gris-Gris View Post
    I wouldn’t know lol. I’m just making the point that right now, there is absolutely no incentive to buy a reserved seat. Those people are being suckered right now. GA is the way to go.
    I buy a reserved seat same 4 since the 90s. The only incentive I need to buy that seat is I am a Cajuns fan, I support my alma mater, and I want the best for them. Same reason I am an RCAF member. Either you support for the right reasons or you don't.

Any one on here in retail or heck in the oil field for that matter? I am curious how many of you when business is slow gives your inventory away for free?

Default Re: Casual fans realistic expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    The thing is, the “diehards” here and on social media want to talk ____ to anyone who isn’t as diehard as them. Here’s the hard truth. The stadium is ____ing empty. If they want a foot rub at their seat, you entertain the idea. Until you sell out and have a waiting list, you try to do what your customers ask. If it’s parking, concessions, whatever. If you don’t, you’ll be stuck with the 15k “diehards” and _____ about why more people don’t come to games. To be honest, the only ones _____ing are the “diehards”. Why aren’t YOU holding the admin accountable?
    Come and listen to the show tonight. We are diehards and we do hold them accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    Any one on here in retail or heck in the oil field for that matter? I am curious how many of you when business is slow gives your inventory away for free?
    What does giving a parking spot, tailgating spot or hell, even a ticket to someone actually cost in this scenario? You are comparing apples to oranges. Giving away a car on my lot costs money, allowing someone into my bar without charging cover produces opportunity.

8. Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Every successful business with a national footprint has loss leaders.

Sometimes their on the front end, sometimes their embedded, sometimes their on the back end.

When business is slow they tend to give away more.

ps It's always either temporary or shifting.

Broadcast does as long as there is a cash buy along with "bonus" commercials...of course our inventory finite...we sell air and time, and there is only so much to go around. Once it's gone, it's gone...bonus happens all the time for various reasons, most stations have fire sales during the year especially the last half of December. But, if you don't position your product as having value, than are the free isn't really useful.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    What does giving a parking spot, tailgating spot or hell, even a ticket to someone actually cost in this scenario? You are comparing apples to oranges. Giving away a car on my lot costs money, allowing someone into my bar without charging cover produces opportunity.
    Ah I see you have never been in a conversation with the people who sell those tail gate spots. They refer to them as inventory. Just like selling a ticket or box seat. Everything in the gates of Cajun field is inventory to them from the parking spots to the tailgate spots to the stadium seats. It is what they sell.

Ah I see you have never been in a conversation with the people who sell those tail gate spots. They refer to them as inventory. Just like selling a ticket or box seat. Everything in the gates of Cajun field is inventory to them from the parking spots to the tailgate spots to the stadium seats. It is what they sell.
    and thats why they cant sell anything to people around here

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Every successful business with a national footprint has loss leaders.

Sometimes their on the front end, sometimes their embedded, sometimes their on the back end.

When business is slow they tend to give away more.

ps It's always either temporary or shifting.

When business is slow you give away more? Thank goodness you don’t work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    and thats why they cant sell anything to people around here

Yep. We have a people problem. Product on the field has been good. If that don’t sell it nothing will. All the rest is just fluff its all about the football.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Broadcast does as long as there is a cash buy along with "bonus" commercials...of course our inventory finite...we sell air and time, and there is only so much to go around. Once it's gone, it's gone...bonus happens all the time for various reasons, most stations have fire sales during the year especially the last half of December. But, if you don't position your product as having value, than are the free isn't really useful.
    When you say position to have value what are you comparing to? I will venture to say we have one of the most affordable FBS venues to attend a football game in the country. I bet there are programs with a lot less success than this one that cost much more to attend a game. Just last home game there was a “fire sale’” of 14 bucks a ticket with free parking.

15. Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

When business is slow you give away more? Thank goodness you don’t work for me.
    When business is good they have fewer sales and give less away.

In fact when business is good they tend to raise prices.

Weird how it works, huh?

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information