Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 42 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast

Thread: G3 Final: Louisiana 21, Rice 33

1. Default Re: Team Discipline and Fundamentals

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I've only herd one other person use this term as much as you have. He is the biggest liar & loser in US history. He also happens to be a witch. So stop it.
    I call it the way I see it. It's a witch hunt.

For the record, you have still only heard it once, unless that was a little less than truthful.

Default Re: Team Discipline and Fundamentals

Until I meet any of you face-to-face and you prove me wrong.....you're all good guys to me. That said, let's give Coach DEZ a little latitude here. Rice was a bump in the road. How many games under HUD were we SUPPOSE to win (between 2011 - 2014) and didn't..

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Until I meet any of you face-to-face and you prove me wrong.....you're all good guys to me. That said, let's give Coach DEZ a little latitude here. Rice was a bump in the road. How many games under HUD were we SUPPOSE to win (between 2011 - 2014) and didn't..
    Agreed.

I will reaffirm my position:

I was pro-CMD before his hire, during the announcement of his hire, and to this day. He should run his program how he sees fit.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    This team had a ton of Letterman coming back, veterans of the last 2 years... They've Been there and know how to win games....sleeping together would not change anything thats happened this season...
    Sorry Chief, I respectfully disagree. There's a reason high level football teams & the best militaries have basic training/ training camp in segregated facilities for the purposes of training. It is to purposely remove individuals from family, girlfriends & other peripheral issues which distract young men from being the best they can be individually & more importantly as teammates. The Saints are proving & have proved over the past several years by their "SLOW" starts that this has had a direct impact on immediate success.

In fact, the only time the Saints have had a great first game in several years is because they were forced into a training CAMP situation by virtue of Hurricane Ida. To me this is pretty much irrefutable evidence that having your players camp together provides an atmosphere which is much more suitable for their growth & readiness to take on the coming season.

This is not a witch hunt post. This is hopefully a live & learn post. One thing I know is that UL has a lot more talent in a lot of positions than has been displayed to this point. I also realize that this team has been walking around with a giant bull's eye on its back which they never had before. And anyone who doesn't understand this isn't very bright. But that's what happens when you are a front runner. People are going to go after you twice as hard. For Rice, beating UL made their whole season. You can bet the house, whatever the spread is on Rice's next game, they will not cover it. Now we get to see what this team is made of under Mike Desormeaux.

5. Default Re: Team Discipline and Fundamentals

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    How can you post that I am wrong and then come back with this?

Crawfishing . . .

We will see . . .
    You are just plain old wrong to declare the motive of knee jerk reactions.

6. Default Re: Team Discipline and Fundamentals

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Same ailment here. Knee replacement it will be three weeks Tomorrow. It's a bietch, but surely will in time beat what I was going through.
    Good health to you.

I should refrain from talking about knee jerk reactions until you heal.

7. Default Re: Team Discipline and Fundamentals

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You are just plain old wrong to declare the motive of knee jerk reactions.
    Sitting in wait prevents this from being a knee jerk reaction. That is what was done.

You know, premeditated always gets 10 times the penalty. There are no mitigating circumstances to premeditation.

Witch Hunt.

8. Default Re: Team Discipline and Fundamentals

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Thanks.

It is amazing to me how short (in some instances) the honeymoon season has become.

9. Default Re: Team Discipline and Fundamentals

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    I don’t think anyone has suggested that.
    It's a process. I am process oriented and can see it coming a mile away.

Sorry Chief, I respectfully disagree. There's a reason high level football teams & the best militaries have basic training/ training camp in segregated facilities for the purposes of training. It is to purposely remove individuals from family, girlfriends & other peripheral issues which distract young men from being the best they can be individually & more importantly as teammates. The Saints are proving & have proved over the past several years by their "SLOW" starts that this has had a direct impact on immediate success.

In fact, the only time the Saints have had a great first game in several years is because they were forced into a training CAMP situation by virtue of Hurricane Ida. To me this is pretty much irrefutable evidence that having your players camp together provides an atmosphere which is much more suitable for their growth & readiness to take on the coming season.

This is not a witch hunt post. This is hopefully a live & learn post. One thing I know is that UL has a lot more talent in a lot of positions than has been displayed to this point. I also realize that this team has been walking around with a giant bull's eye on its back which they never had before. And anyone who doesn't understand this isn't very bright. But that's what happens when you are a front runner. People are going to go after you twice as hard. For Rice, beating UL made their whole season. You can bet the house, whatever the spread is on Rice's next game, they will not cover it. Now we get to see what this team is made of under Mike Desormeaux.
    Right on, Right on. I am baffled at the people that think this is about where you sleep and don’t see the big picture.

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    stop posting. seriously. stop posting on this forum
    you are clearly an idiot. billy Napier lost to a 5-7 coastal carolina team AT HOME in 2018. people that have no football knowledge came here and said the same stupid stuff that is being said about mike today. i think everyone would agree that turned out to be a decent hire. yall latched on to this ridiculous camp situation and the same idiots are doubling down after one loss. how predictable. we all know what yall mean by undisciplined. there is not a single person on this forum that would not retaliate to a player using racial slurs or shoving fingers up your rectum. maybe you would enjoy that jmv i dont want to be presumptive. but acting like these guys just went out to houston and lost their minds because they are not smart enough to know the rules or not coached well enough to keep their cool is nonsense
    You joined this site last month. You have no clout yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Again, not to pick on JMV, but he's the only person that said anything about potentially firing CMD. Now criticism, there's a good bit of criticism going around.

I think pluralizing that accusation is disingenuous to this forum as a whole.
    Lose Saturday and see the threads after.

13. Default Re: Team Discipline and Fundamentals

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Lose Saturday and see the threads after.
    Historically there are often short losing streaks after long winning streaks come to an end.

Fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Historically there are often short losing streaks after long winning streaks come to an end.

Fact.
    Not if you are emotionally where you should be unless you're playing out of your league. Losing to ULM, a team which is in no way as talented as UL would paint a picture of a team which is not emotionally prepared to handle a football season. I fully expect a strong bounce back this weekend & the best game of the season by far from this Ragin Cajun bunch. Anything else & the board will have had very good reason to chirp & be disturbed about the decision to not camp this team.

And for anyone using the excuse of lack of talent as the reason this team would not respond in like fashion only makes it more imperative that they should have gone through the vigors of a fall camp of 24 hour a day style training. You can argue against it, but your arguments will be weak & without any validity.

The assumption that all 18-22 year old players are 100 percent self motivated & come to camp in tip top shape & ready to play football is naive at best & has been the number one reason some teams who have had great success fall apart after years & even decades of success.

Not if you are emotionally where you should be unless you're playing out of your league. Losing to ULM, a team which is in no way as talented as UL would paint a picture of a team which is not emotionally prepared to handle a football season. I fully expect a strong bounce back this weekend & the best game of the season by far from this Ragin Cajun bunch. Anything else & the board will have had very good reason to chirp & be disturbed about the decision to not camp this team.

And for anyone using the excuse of lack of talent as the reason this team would not respond in like fashion only makes it more imperative that they should have gone through the vigors of a fall camp of 24 hour a day style training. You can argue against it, but your arguments will be weak & without any validity.
    The Cajuns need to beat the brakes off of ULM.

Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 42 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast

Thread Information