Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Increase Attendance?

Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    It starts with the STUDENTS. Generational fandom. Here's App yesterday on campus.

https://twitter.com/KiukRyan/status/...C8gZuLqMUrAAAA

And goodness, their local media picked it up.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/ap...AXMTINBYOR43M/

And it really sucks when the message is divided about the cULture or cULLture. Creating new fans 35-40+ isn't the route. Routines are set, you're not getting them back, especially if they know they are getting blasted by "real fans". Just like church, a group being pointed out for their behavior ain't walking in the door.
    This is AWESOME. This is Boone, home of one of the best college football environments I've ever experienced, and I've experienced a BUNCH.

We had that kind of fan experience during Augie Tammariello and Stokley days. That was during the 70's and 80.s.

I clarified in my comments after this, it’s not a price issue for me personally. For me personally the environment at the stadium is horrible. It’s the overall logistics of the experience. Last game I attended it took me literally an entire quarter of football to get my kid a candy bar. And they ran out of pop corn before halftime.

And I’ll say it again…. I’m the obvious majority here. You may not like what I’m saying but our attendance blows and it can’t be everyone’s fault except the Athletics Department. Go read comments anywhere on social media and you see tons of people posting exactly what I’m saying. If the stadium was full everry Saturday I could see you pushing back on me, but it’s empty.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    So again if you lived around the area what do you think would be a fair price for a family to attend?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    It’s not that at all, you pay $10 to park across congress, you grab your wife and couple kids, ice chest and chairs to walk to TG and on the way Is a vast empty parking lot that never fills…those people would have paid $20 to park there…but we have been waiting a decade to fill a 1000 spots with season ticket holders, $300 Rcaf and $60 pass people…never giving the guys who pays $10 a chance to see what he could have. It’s short sighted. We have the model, hud showed us the model…we won’t use it
    Parking across the street is free. You can buy a parking pass for $60($10 a game) or save $10 a game and walk 10 minutes instead of 5

There will always be an excuse here in Lafayette for something they should support, but would rather jump on the BR bandwagon. It used to be that the team doesn't win. Now it's the popcorn sells out and I can't get a frickin candy bar. Yeah, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    This is AWESOME. This is Boone, home of one of the best college football environments I've ever experienced, and I've experienced a BUNCH.

Starts at orientation. I cringe every damn fall when I hear a UL talking head using "ULL" with freshmen. Yeah, the toothpick stage hurt, but, can't blame that. Its years ago.

1. I go to 5+ basketball games a year and 10+ baseball games (including some away games on occasion).
    2. I despise LSU and everyone who knows me knows that.
    3. I absolutely LOVE attending sports events other than football. My entire beef with horrible experience starts and ends with football.
    4. Sorry you’re too sensitive to have a conversation about why our attendance is horrible. You don’t have to go far to find feedback that lines up exactly with what I’m saying.

The attendance will never improve with people like you dismissing the feedback that everyone provides. There are plenty of stadiums across the country that have great attendance, so it’s beyond a stretch to act like there is some inherent problem with everyone who lives in or around Acadiana.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    There will always be an excuse here in Lafayette for something they should support, but would rather jump on the BR bandwagon. It used to be that the team doesn't win. Now it's the popcorn sells out and I can't get a frickin candy bar. Yeah, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Make a roadie to any p5 matchup the Cajuns have. Walking to Neyland Stadium was a great experience. The checkboard endzone is so iconic. We'd be so lucky. I can name some others, but that one has always stuck with me.
    There are thousands of people that park in downtown Boone and walk a mile UP the mountain to get to the stadium and these clowns can't cross Congress

Why do fans go to games??

Entertainment
    Joy
    Place to be
    Something to do
    Family time
    Obsession
    Support the team
    Support the university
    Support certain player
    Support coach
    Feel obligated as alumni
    Feel obligated as long
    time fan
    And so on. Everyone that attends or doesn’t attend has a reason to go or a number of them. For me I check almost all the boxes. Some people may only check 1 or 2 at any given time some all or most.

The more reason you have the more likely you’re going hell or high water.

If you are a fan of the team and want to support them you should feel obligated to go.

If you are a fan and could go but decide with that time you’ll stay home and watch instead of going support the team, you should feel a sense of guilt that you aren’t doing your part.

We can complain about thing in and out of the control of the administration, but at the end of the day. We are all capable of going to the game for about $20 and watch the greatest teams in program history.

I’ve been going for years and have plenty of complaints. My biggest current complaint is warm up music. I have absolutely no issue with the team wanting to play their style of music to get ready. But if they can’t find 1 hour of music without every curse word blaring over the PA then they need to scratch that music and play something else. Is there not 1 hour of rap music that doesn’t have curse words? Eminem, most of the main stream 90’s rap. IDK. It’s a family friendly environment and that music isn’t family friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    We need to figure out how App State is able to create a buzz around there program.

It just seems like we cant create that same type of buzz !
    It starts when they are students and continues as alumni. Our students for the most part don't support our athletic teams and then go to BR on Saturdays as alumni. Not sure how to break that trend?

The Athletics Dept needs to hire a survey field research team to reach out and find out what would make people consider going to the games.

I will agree with the comment that stadium logistics are old fashioned and just plain SUCK. Tailgating, concessions, lines, customer service, conveniences, all of it needs to be looked at with a fine-toothed comb. details matter!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Why do fans go to games??

Entertainment
    Joy
    Place to be
    Something to do
    Family time
    Obsession
    Support the team
    Support the university
    Support certain player
    Support coach
    Feel obligated as alumni
    Feel obligated as long
    time fan
    And so on. Everyone that attends or doesn’t attend has a reason to go or a number of them. For me I check almost all the boxes. Some people may only check 1 or 2 at any given time some all or most.

The more reason you have the more likely you’re going hell or high water.

If you are a fan of the team and want to support them you should feel obligated to go.

If you are a fan and could go but decide with that time you’ll stay home and watch instead of going support the team, you should feel a sense of guilt that you aren’t doing your part.

We can complain about thing in and out of the control of the administration, but at the end of the day. We are all capable of going to the game for about $20 and watch the greatest teams in program history.

I’ve been going for years and have plenty of complaints. My biggest current complaint is warm up music. I have absolutely no issue with the team wanting to play their style of music to get ready. But if they can’t find 1 hour of music without every curse word blaring over the PA then they need to scratch that music and play something else. Is there not 1 hour of rap music that doesn’t have curse words? Eminem, most of the main stream 90’s rap. IDK. It’s a family friendly environment and that music isn’t family friendly.
    337DJ Menace is your hook up...

The argument about other schools having great attendance is this.

When attendance across the nation start dropping for a lot of reasons, Attention span being #1. Lots of schools had great teams, great tradition, great fan bases. No one in the country is really gaining on that number and teams like Louisiana who were behind the 8 ball because we lacked all those thing at that time will have an even harder time gaining it now.

I know for one thing. Tailgating prices need to drop from 450 to like 250 to try and appeal to more people. Made get word out all offseason that tailgate spots are $250 and don't require a rcaf donation. We need to fill these Tailgating spots. I love tg3 but man is it dead over here.
    If Tailgating is full more and more people are going to want to join in on the fun and start buying tickets to the game.

All these are valid points. I am with Ryan.

If we can’t hold a conversation on what the real problem is then what we doing ?

We minus well pack up shop be an academic school. Why are we even in a conference.

If people get offended about what is really going on then it will never change.

Maybe the problem is us, and the university, not the people who are not showing up

If I own a business and I am losing customers do I say F them!! They are arrogant, entitled, selfish _____s. I promise I will go out of business real quick

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information