Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Default Re: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    I was on those threads and never seen it. Name the folks then.
    Saw

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Saw
    FIFYUT

Coach Glasco has more championship then all the other UL coaches combined. The jury isn't out on softball.
    I don’t remember who, but I’ve seen “Regional Glasco” on RP multiple times. Guess that’s softball’s version of the Marlin distractors.

4. Default Re: Is Marlin the guy for the program?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I don’t remember who, but I’ve seen “Regional Glasco” on RP multiple times. Guess that’s softball’s version of the Marlin distractors.
    That is based on a Glasco quote.

"I don't want to be known as Regional Glasco."

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Thanks for confirming it has been repeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

I've call him that too. Not as a knock but because it was a term he used himself in an interview with 1420. I know he and the team have higher expectations. I treat team expectations as fair game for fans to latch onto.

To Marlin. I like him as a person. I like the teams/players he coaches. I'm not a basketball guy but still get confused/frustrated when the team struggles. Like in the first half last night.

I'm also not a "fire the coach" guy. I'd be happy if Marlin has a plan to address any player losses and Maggard feels confident, that he stay on.

In fact, I think an administration would be nuts to part ways with him in any fashion that wasn't him retiring. You don't fire coaches that just won a championship.

Long term, who would be "the guy?" Someone who can take us to the next level? I guess this goes for all the teams that are expected to win. Is winning a conference championship our ceiling? Do you gamble with that and bring on someone else you think could get us there? Who knows.

Yeah, most of us are not happy with the loss. 66 other good teams will end with the same feeling, 97 if you throw in the NIT.

Emphatic HELL NO. He seems to always fold in the big ones and gets thoroughly outcoached.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    How did he exceed expectations? Wasn't this team picked to win the conference by the vote of the SBC coaches?
    Winning the conference doesn't get you to the big dance and CBS referring to your Universtiy as Louisiana

Coach Glasco has more championship then all the other UL coaches combined. The jury isn't out on softball.
    That's funny we've always won the conference how has he exceeded expectations maybe if he wins a regional or super I can give him props. We are still stuck where we were with the previous coach if not a little worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    That's funny we've always won the conference how has he exceeded expectations maybe if he wins a regional or super I can give him props. We are still stuck where we were with the previous coach if not a little worst.
    I never said anything about exceeding anything. You do understand that the entire landscape of college softball has changed dramatically in the last 5 to 7 years.

I never said anything about exceeding anything. You do understand that the entire landscape of college softball has changed dramatically in the last 5 to 7 years.
    And basketball hasn’t the last 40 years?

Doublespeak?

The softball landscape is a whole other thread. I didn't want to believe it. Just using us as an example. Glasco is an excellent recruiter. #1 class according to one site. But they still struggle against the top teams more often than not. Large schools and conferences are putting emphasis on it and have been for over a decade. I mean Clemson makes a team from scratch and they are already competing at a huge level. But, maybe another thread.

MBB is the key to the entire athletic dept making the next step. The value and feasibility of a few sweet 16 runs outweighs any realistic runs we can make in any other sport. We have a low energy HC who has shown to have a ceiling running our program. He is not the answer. We need a young fiery go getter who can take lesser talent and convince them they can beat the best of the best on any given night.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    MBB is the key to the entire athletic dept making the next step. The value and feasibility of a few sweet 16 runs outweighs any realistic runs we can make in any other sport. We have a low energy HC who has shown to have a ceiling running our program. He is not the answer. We need a young fiery go getter who can take lesser talent and convince them they can beat the best of the best on any given night.
    Do you mean someone like a Tobin Anderson?

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information