Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 23-24 Hoops

Default Re: 23-24 Hoops

We need players that can go in the paint and make shots. Create shots.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes, if he signs. Both of the signees are not pure point guards. The depth at that position is questionable at best.
    What's the name of the Zachary commit? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    What's the name of the Zachary commit? Thanks!
    I believe its Brandon Hardy, 6'3 shooting guard...

Correct, here is a video featuring Hardy.

https://youtu.be/dMLCn5T2d3Q

Outside of an early Christmas present in Brown returning, I can’t imagine this team will compete at a high enough level next year to finish in the Top 3 of the conference. If Marlin’s pattern holds, it will be several years before we can expect to compete for a regular season title again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Correct, here is a video featuring Hardy.

https://youtu.be/dMLCn5T2d3Q
    He looks more accomplished than the other 2 signees.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Outside of an early Christmas present in Brown returning, I can’t imagine this team will compete at a high enough level next year to finish in the Top 3 of the conference. If Marlin’s pattern holds, it will be several years before we can expect to compete for a regular season title again.
    Marlin’s pattern is about every 4-5 years. 2014-NCAA ,2018-NIT, 2023-NCAA.

The issue also is what big name team or big game(NCAA or NIT game) has he ever won?

Our standard should be higher.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I believe its Brandon Hardy, 6'3 shooting guard...
    Yes sir, that's him. I'm not sure he still plans on signing.

why wasnt Zachary in the LHSAA playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Brawl with Liberty. Both teams suspended.

Brawl in their game against Liberty. Fans and teams were involved.

ahh, not good. was said player mentioned in this thread involved?

ahh, not good. was said player mentioned in this thread involved?
    He was not involved in the original scuffle. Not sure if he had any part in it after that.

Losing both Lewis and Brown will dramatically change this team. In fact, just Lewis using up eligibility will be a major blow. Just can’t see Brown staying. Williams was so inconsistent esp at end of year (injury?) lose is significant but replaceable. Based on end of year performance, Fulks has chance to develop into a solid pt guard. First year here showed lots of upside. Needs to control TOs and develop a mail in the coffin FT ability. We’ll see. Don’t see strong backup there. Dalcourt came on strong at end of year. Can he replace Greg? Hope so, esp if his consistency improves. Garnett slipped in efficiency and consistency as Year went on. His defense improved but we needed his 3s and they weren’t there at the end. Small fwd might be ok if Kobe continues to progress and Joe Charles gains strength and shooting touch, esp FTs. Inside, who? Only one role player. White is question mark. Didn’t see court much. Must be a reason.
    I’m anxious to see what we do next year but unless we get some magical inside help, not going to be too excited. But always hopeful. Will buy my tickets again and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    Losing both Lewis and Brown will dramatically change this team. In fact, just Lewis using up eligibility will be a major blow. Just can’t see Brown staying. Williams was so inconsistent esp at end of year (injury?) lose is significant but replaceable. Based on end of year performance, Fulks has chance to develop into a solid pt guard. First year here showed lots of upside. Needs to control TOs and develop a mail in the coffin FT ability. We’ll see. Don’t see strong backup there. Dalcourt came on strong at end of year. Can he replace Greg? Hope so, esp if his consistency improves. Garnett slipped in efficiency and consistency as Year went on. His defense improved but we needed his 3s and they weren’t there at the end. Small fwd might be ok if Kobe continues to progress and Joe Charles gains strength and shooting touch, esp FTs. Inside, who? Only one role player. White is question mark. Didn’t see court much. Must be a reason.
    I’m anxious to see what we do next year but unless we get some magical inside help, not going to be too excited. But always hopeful. Will buy my tickets again and hope for the best.
    Dalcourt was a senior

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information