Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Do those dealings actively inconvenience the fan during university sponsored events?

Not saying I should be in the meeting room, but I can definitely say that it's a bad deal.
    I was inconvenienced on my way to work by the students crossing the street on St. Mary Blvd. Do I have a say in that it’s a bad deal to have students crossing the street during business hours? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    I was inconvenienced on my way to work by the students crossing the street on St. Mary Blvd. Do I have a say in that it’s a bad deal to have students crossing the street during business hours? Please.
    You either work for the university, LCG, or you're just trolling.

There's no way you're being serious right now.

They're students attending the school! They're not some outside entity using university property for peanuts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It’s a public university. So yea, it is our business.

No need to respond though. You’re clearly someone who has something to lose here. You’re either entrenched or actually work for the university.
    What do I have to lose? So, how did your valuation meeting go? I sure hope you put the president of the university in his place.

They're students attending the school! They're not some outside entity using university property for peanuts!!!
    I’m not the one comparing being inconvenienced at a baseball game to a government run/owned university.

Again. What the university and the customer decide on is NOT your business. How many times do I have to say it?

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    There’s been a lot of talk about how much UL makes from the Mardi Gras festival. Here are the numbers.

I have all of the contracts for this year between the University and the Greater Southwest Louisiana Mardi Gras Association. There is a contract for rental of Blackham and French House exterior, and another contract for rental of Cajun Field parking lots.

1. Blackham Grounds and French House: total cost for the rental (minus security) is $7,224.00,
    - Blackham Grounds Cost: $728 per day (regular $1,300 less 44 percent discount) for 9 days = $6,552
    - French House Exterior Cost: $168 per day (regular $300 less 44 percent discount) for 4 days = $672.00

2: Cajun Field Parking Lots: total cost for rental of various lots (minus security) is $12,880.00. The cost per lot is $280 per day, which represents $500 less 44 percent discount.
    - Feb. 12-14: only Lot 2
    - Feb. 15-16: Lots 1, 2, and 3
    - Feb. 17-21: Lots 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and Lite Center
    - Feb. 22: Lots 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5
    - Feb. 23: Lot 2 only

So total rental of space is $20,104. Additionally, the university takes 5 percent of the total parking revenue and 5 percent of the total RV parking revenue. The association hasn’t turned in the revenue statement yet but I have requested it be sent to me when it becomes available.

This does not include security, which is $70 per hour. There’s 22.5 security hours for Blackham/French House and 2,079 security hours for Cajun Field. Grand total for security = $147,105.
    I’m interested in how/where you obtained this information. Care to tell us?

I’m not the one comparing being inconvenienced at a baseball game to a government run/owned university.
    Right. The heck with the fans who are there for university sponsored events on university property. So what if they're inconvenienced?

It's not just "being inconvenienced at a baseball game." You're putting together an event on university property that has absolutely nothing to do with the university during university sponsored events for barely any money. The Cajun Field parking lot is not built for Car Shows or Mardi Gras parades. They're built for UL events. In the instance that a car show or Mardi Gras wants to use the property, you create value and charge a decent fee instead of what we are charging now.

It's not rocket science.

Again. What the university and the customer decide on is NOT your business. How many times do I have to say it?
    If I'm being inconvenienced as a paid customer to attend an event that is the basis for why the property exists, I have a right to know what's going on. It's called TRANSPARENCY. Why do you think council meetings exist? You think elected officials go, "what we and government contractors decide is NOT your business." That's why some of them get unseated some election time.

9. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

I’m interested in how/where you obtained this information. Care to tell us?
    More concerned about how the man got public information than making money for the university.

Clown.

10. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Lord. You are inconvenienced at a baseball game.

Just because the university is a state university and you are a taxpayer doesn’t make you have a voice in government run agencies. So, you think you have the right to have a say in LCG business dealings, the airport commission, education business, the BVD, Highway dealings, etc? They are all government agencies.
    You inconvenience belittling aside, athletics is different and you know it.

So your side tangents are interesting facts but have nothing to do with athletics.

11. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

If I'm being inconvenienced as a paid customer to attend an event that is the basis for why the property exists, I have a right to know what's going on. It's called TRANSPARENCY. Why do you think council meetings exist? You think elected officials go, "what we and government contractors decide is NOT your business." That's why some of them get unseated some election time.
    Wasting your time buddy. This dope is here to defend his turf. He’s obviously involved somehow.

Lord. You are inconvenienced at a baseball game.

Just because the university is a state university and you are a taxpayer doesn’t make you have a voice in government run agencies. So, you think you have the right to have a say in LCG business dealings, the airport commission, education business, the BVD, Highway dealings, etc? They are all government agencies.
    Yea, we do have the right to a say in LCG business dealings. Which is why we have city council meetings. I guess we should just bury our heads in the sand when our mayor president’s wife starts up an equipment rental company and hands out millions of dollars to a single contractor with no-bid contracts.

Just government agencies doing government business.

You’re dying on a weird hill.

Right. The heck with the fans who are there for university sponsored events on university property. So what if they're inconvenienced?

It's not just "being inconvenienced at a baseball game." You're putting together an event on university property that has absolutely nothing to do with the university during university sponsored events for barely any money. The Cajun Field parking lot is not built for Car Shows or Mardi Gras parades. They're built for UL events. In the instance that a car show or Mardi Gras wants to use the property, you create value and charge a decent fee instead of what we are charging now.

It's not rocket science.
    I’ve said this before too. The ‘value’ is the price that the university and the customer agree on. Nothing more. It doesn’t matter what you or I think the price should be. It’s what the two parties negotiate. And it’s not our business.
    But I’ll tell you this too. Make an appointment with the president and tell him your concerns that outside entities shouldn’t be using Cajun field and your are inconvenienced by him doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Yea, we do have the right to a say in LCG business dealings. Which is why we have city council meetings. I guess we should just bury our heads in the sand when our mayor president’s wife starts up an equipment rental company and hands out millions of dollars to a single contractor with no-bid contracts.

Just government agencies doing government business.

You’re dying on a weird hill.
    Nope. Remember, that is NOT your business.

Lafman1 is a POS Tiggah fan. I wouldn't waste any more time on this clown.

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information