Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

UL just closed on the Lourdes property for 9MM. Get the Optimist club on the line, we got a new spot for their trees and apparently should lease it to them for free.

2. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

The City pays Louisiana $500G for use of the Cajundome.

Now that the Cajundome has refused conventions that don't use concessions, how much overnight hotel and restaurant taxes is the Cajundome still generating for the city? The city loses millions annually because of the CD concessions roadblock.

How much tax money is MG generating for the city.

Seems like the city could pitch in with the MG association.

3. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    In Opelousas?

No wonder I never heard of it.

Can that even be considered the same show?
    Yes in Opelousas. It is still advertised as the Acadiana RV Show. They will not have the same number of dealers. I know the dealership I work at is not going. The thought of customers having to drive past our lot just to go to the show was not appealing. The price for us to go would be about the same. That means the back parking lot of Evangeline Downs is getting roughly the same money as Cajun Field.

4. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by olschoolballboy View Post
    Yes in Opelousas. It is still advertised as the Acadiana RV Show. They will not have the same number of dealers. I know the dealership I work at is not going. The thought of customers having to drive past our lot just to go to the show was not appealing. The price for us to go would be about the same. That means the back parking lot of Evangeline Downs is getting roughly the same money as Cajun Field.
    I think your dealership is making the right choice.

Especially if you can come up with a reason for north bound show goers to make a pitt stop at your place.

ps or pull in disappointed show goers on their way home.

An empty lot the very next week does not cheapen the value the week it is needed.

The value is set when both parties agree on a price.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    Are you suggesting they move the Christmas trees, equipment, etc just for Saturday and then bring them all back for each remaining home game? Come on man.
    I’m suggesting the small area used to sell Christmas trees wasn’t a hindrance for parking during a football game, especially during the RCAF period.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    UL just closed on the Lourdes property for 9MM. Get the Optimist club on the line, we got a new spot for their trees and apparently should lease it to them for free.
    I think the optimist club found another location. They don’t need CF to sell trees.

8. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    An empty lot the very next week does not cheapen the value the week it is needed.
    If you are going to adopt my stance ... Thanks

I’m suggesting the small area used to sell Christmas trees wasn’t a hindrance for parking during a football game, especially during the RCAF period.
    It was, especially when the RCAF lots were formed. You need a tag to even get into the parking lot on game day. How do you control traffic with regards to people who want to go buy a tree? Furthermore the space it occupied (where the grass and pavement meet near the fence along congress was part of parking for the “C” lot. Which was the most used parking lot at the time. The arrangement at the time was not and is not feasible.

I think the optimist club found another location. They don’t need CF to sell trees.
    Exactly, they sure don’t.

11. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

"Where did you get your tree?"

"CAJUN FIELD"

"Thanks"

12. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

"On the corner of confused and don't know"

"Huh?"

"Take Johnston out past the water tower, turn left on Ambassador I mean Bertrand right on the corner where ___ used to be and its straight ahead."

"Huh?"

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

"CAJUN FIELD"

"Thanks"
    Did you have to pay to park or did you park across the street by CGI?

14. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Did you have to pay to park or did you park across the street by CGI?
    Not to be pessimistic, but I don't buy Christmas trees, not even from optimists.

Uh. And the reported 50 X 50 area was taking up so much area that it hindered parking on Sunday through Friday.
    No. They could have moved out Friday afternoon for the weekend game and back in Sunday morning after the game was over I am sure the university would have been OK with that.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information