Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    You’re trying to change the conversation.

No one should tell Mardi Gras to go somewhere else. What they should tell them is that Cajun Field rental price is going up. Way up.

Mardi Gras will pay it. The end.
    Uh nooo. I’m replying to your comment

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    I believe it was initially free under Nelson and the fossil. Then Walker had them pay something small, not sure what it was. Once the RCAF parking lot designations came online, we offered to move them to the other side of Cajun Field but they refused, so they got the boot. That’s how I remember at least.
    Nothing says money grab more than asking the optimist club to pay for usage of an empty parking lot during Christmas time.

3. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    So what location or locations are you suggesting they move Mardi Gras, the RV Show, Cajun Heartland State Fair and Tailgating to?
    RV Show has moved to Evangeline Downs

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    Nothing says money grab more than asking the optimist club to pay for usage of an empty parking lot during Christmas time.
    They usually would start to set up and move their stuff in around the beginning of November. Games are still being played and the space around CF on Saturday’s is at a premium. Like it said, to give it away for free is idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    They usually would start to set up and move their stuff in around the beginning of November. Games are still being played and the space around CF on Saturday’s is at a premium. Like it said, to give it away for free is idiotic.
    Did the university charge a fee for the blood bank?

The only one I know of is the one they would park in front of the library. I don’t recall one being at CF durning football season, let alone a home game.

If that is the case, then why don’t they do it?
    I would imagine it is to keep good relations with the community and the people who belong to the krewes. Not to ruffle any feathers as they say. Everyone of those float riders from Rio the week before Mardi Gras to the independent parade, the last one on Mardi Gras day, are a potential customer and they don’t want to P____s them off and have them bad mouthing the school. Even though 80 to 90% probably spend their money in BR on Saturday’s in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by olschoolballboy View Post
    Go figure.

The optimist club was often set up during the last game or 2 of the football season. You know the actual reason the parking lot was built in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    The optimist club was often set up during the last game or 2 of the football season. You know the actual reason the parking lot was built in the first place.
    Uh. And the reported 50 X 50 area was taking up so much area that it hindered parking on Sunday through Friday.

11. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Those are your words. Not mine. But since you seem to have a bone to pick, I’ll play along. Sure.
    They could decide to bring their business somewhere else.
    Right, your words are "not being used"

Well the rest of the year doesn't matter, the fact is on the dates needed when need it is very much being used.

An empty lot the very next week does not cheapen the value the week it is needed.

Instead of trying to maximize profits from non profiting sports fans, they should maximize profits form those who profit.

Uh. And the reported 50 X 50 area was taking up so much area that it hindered parking on Sunday through Friday.

Are you suggesting they move the Christmas trees, equipment, etc just for Saturday and then bring them all back for each remaining home game? Come on man.

13. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by olschoolballboy View Post
    In Opelousas?

No wonder I never heard of it.

Can that even be considered the same show?

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    You’re trying to change the conversation.

No one should tell Mardi Gras to go somewhere else. What they should tell them is that Cajun Field rental price is going up. Way up.

Mardi Gras will pay it. The end.
    Not sure it’s that simple. The festival is how the association pays for security along the parade route and all other expenses associated with parades. Just for security inside the festival is almost $150k. Think about what that cost is for the parade route.

Whether you like MG or not, I think most can agree it is a positive for the community insofar as it brings in money, offers entertainment, etc. If you start making it to where they can’t pay their bills, the city may loose the MG tradition it has built.

Food for thought. I don’t know how much revenue there is nor do I know all of the association’s expenses. I’m not completely convinced UL is getting a bad deal. But I’m also not convinced UL is getting a good deal. But I know it’s not as simple as “we need to raise the price now”

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    I suggest we require the purchase of a minimum number of football season tickets with the rental of the parking lot. Mardi Gras association would be required to purchase 200 family packs (5 tickets each) in addition to the rental price. Same thing with the car dealerships. The rental fees are not game changers for our program, getting fans into the stands should be the goal.
    This is a good point.

The basis of this entire conversation is the fact that we have prime real estate in town and create no value to it with what we charge. We also don't utilize it enough for more events. If fans have to be inconvenienced during sporting events for other events that have absolutely nothing to do with the school, there should be a price to pay for that privilege.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information