Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Default Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

There’s been a lot of talk about how much UL makes from the Mardi Gras festival. Here are the numbers.

I have all of the contracts for this year between the University and the Greater Southwest Louisiana Mardi Gras Association. There is a contract for rental of Blackham and French House exterior, and another contract for rental of Cajun Field parking lots.

1. Blackham Grounds and French House: total cost for the rental (minus security) is $7,224.00,
    - Blackham Grounds Cost: $728 per day (regular $1,300 less 44 percent discount) for 9 days = $6,552
    - French House Exterior Cost: $168 per day (regular $300 less 44 percent discount) for 4 days = $672.00

2: Cajun Field Parking Lots: total cost for rental of various lots (minus security) is $12,880.00. The cost per lot is $280 per day, which represents $500 less 44 percent discount.
    - Feb. 12-14: only Lot 2
    - Feb. 15-16: Lots 1, 2, and 3
    - Feb. 17-21: Lots 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and Lite Center
    - Feb. 22: Lots 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5
    - Feb. 23: Lot 2 only

So total rental of space is $20,104. Additionally, the university takes 5 percent of the total parking revenue and 5 percent of the total RV parking revenue. The association hasn’t turned in the revenue statement yet but I have requested it be sent to me when it becomes available.

This does not include security, which is $70 per hour. There’s 22.5 security hours for Blackham/French House and 2,079 security hours for Cajun Field. Grand total for security = $147,105.

Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Does each department of the university that usually operates the rented properties receive the proceeds or do the funds go to a general fund or similar?

It’s not a lot of money in the overall scheme of things, just curious about the paper trail.

Now do the Car Show, so we can all laugh at how ridiculous that deal is.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Does the car show even exist anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    For 2020 (was cancelled due to Covid), the cost for the car show was $12,750. This included $1,650 per day for the five day sale, and $500 for nine days to move in and out.

However, I think the rate was dropped to $8,600.

My own personal wedding venue's rental cost for a few hours was more than Blackham Grounds, French House, and Cajun Field combined lol.

And UL bends over once again...this time its a dry plung...

8. Default Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Grand total for security = $147,105.
    How much of this is University Police?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That's a question sparky should ask...

For 2020 (was cancelled due to Covid), the cost for the car show was $12,750. This included $1,650 per day for the five day sale, and $500 for nine days to move in and out.

However, I think the rate was dropped to $8,600.
    Yup, around $12k was what I was told. Laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Believe it is all

There’s been a lot of talk about how much UL makes from the Mardi Gras festival. Here are the numbers.

I have all of the contracts for this year between the University and the Greater Southwest Louisiana Mardi Gras Association. There is a contract for rental of Blackham and French House exterior, and another contract for rental of Cajun Field parking lots.

1. Blackham Grounds and French House: total cost for the rental (minus security) is $7,224.00,
    - Blackham Grounds Cost: $728 per day (regular $1,300 less 44 percent discount) for 9 days = $6,552
    - French House Exterior Cost: $168 per day (regular $300 less 44 percent discount) for 4 days = $672.00

2: Cajun Field Parking Lots: total cost for rental of various lots (minus security) is $12,880.00. The cost per lot is $280 per day, which represents $500 less 44 percent discount.
    - Feb. 12-14: only Lot 2
    - Feb. 15-16: Lots 1, 2, and 3
    - Feb. 17-21: Lots 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and Lite Center
    - Feb. 22: Lots 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5
    - Feb. 23: Lot 2 only

So total rental of space is $20,104. Additionally, the university takes 5 percent of the total parking revenue and 5 percent of the total RV parking revenue. The association hasn’t turned in the revenue statement yet but I have requested it be sent to me when it becomes available.

This does not include security, which is $70 per hour. There’s 22.5 security hours for Blackham/French House and 2,079 security hours for Cajun Field. Grand total for security = $147,105.
    Whatever the university makes is icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    Whatever the university makes is icing on the cake.
    icing on what cake? I'm willing to bet UL budgets this income every year...there is no cake....

UL Baseball Re: Mardi Gras at Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    icing on what cake? I'm willing to bet UL budgets this income every year...there is no cake....
    The cake of the property not being used for the majority of the year.
    100% of 0 = 0.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Does the car show even exist anymore?
    How can they have a car show when most of them have very little inventory and don’t budge off of sticker?

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information