Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need help again

Default Need help again

My neighbor and his family are headed to Lafayette for next weekend and will be attending the new mexico state game. The father and son have done the airboat ride at mcgees landing and were wondering if you guys had any other swamp tours that may take in more of the tranquil setting other than the I-10 bridge. I am sure I am biased but he has a son that is a pretty talented baseball player. Last year I am saw him hit 2 bullets off the national gatorade player of the year Luken Baker who is off to TCU. The second one hit Baker in the thigh on the mound ricocheting off him into foul ground. Kid was so big and strong noone asked Baker if he was ok just give him the ball and pitch to the next batter. Don't know if it is proper for him to contact the coaches or not. Have recommended French Press, T Coons, Ricky Meche, Olde Tyme Inn, and Bon Temps for dining. Any other locals favorites that are great but not tourists traps. Any sights that you recommend that they see. It seems the more I visit Lafayette the more I find I wish had heard about earlier. Thanks again for all your help.

2. Default Re: Need help again

Quote Originally Posted by wscoog View Post
    My neighbor and his family are headed to Lafayette for next weekend and will be attending the new mexico state game. The father and son have done the airboat ride at mcgees landing and were wondering if you guys had any other swamp tours that may take in more of the tranquil setting other than the I-10 bridge. I am sure I am biased but he has a son that is a pretty talented baseball player. Last year I am saw him hit 2 bullets off the national gatorade player of the year Luken Baker who is off to TCU. The second one hit Baker in the thigh on the mound ricocheting off him into foul ground. Kid was so big and strong noone asked Baker if he was ok just give him the ball and pitch to the next batter. Don't know if it is proper for him to contact the coaches or not. Have recommended French Press, T Coons, Ricky Meche, Olde Tyme Inn, and Bon Temps for dining. Any other locals favorites that are great but not tourists traps. Any sights that you recommend that they see. It seems the more I visit Lafayette the more I find I wish had heard about earlier. Thanks again for all your help.
    ---there will be hundreds of t-gating tents and places set up with a band stage and just come by to eat and drink!!!---I am sure one of our recruiting guys on here like Cajun T will post what is allowed---Come have a great time!!!

Default Re: Need help again

Try a tour of Lake Martin

http://champagnesswamptours.com/

While there stop by http://www.cafedesamis.com/

RiverSide Inn is another local favorite. However it isn't on the River but rather an industrial area. If you like Sushi (yes Sushi) try Tsunami's.

Little more expensive dining experience I would recommend Charley G's.

They really need to stop by cypress lake, which is located on campus.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cypr...te,_Louisiana)

5. Default

My first thought is for them to try boudin, if they hadn't last time. A few of my favorites are The Best Stop (although outside of Greater Lafayette), Don's Specialty Meats and Johnson's Boucaniere. I don't eat the casing (don't ask what it is). LaFonda is a long-time favorite among the locals. Don't look at the menu just order this: a Ronnie Margarita, no salt, fried rabbit with queso as a appetizer and the fried chicken as an entree. I know that sounds stage for a Mexican restaurant but noone really goes there for the Mexican food. They'll have to wait for a table on a Friday night but suggest they take in the sights and sounds. May see a few oil and gas professionals (or tennis ladies) still drinking and lolly gagging from an 11am lunch. Finally, they must have a Judice Inn burger. Don't ask for ketchup or fries. Their secret sauce is the only condiment needed. The burgers are smaller than most so order 2 (I did when I was pregnant) and my husband gets his with an egg. But you can't get that on a Saturday. Lastly, they should try Cajun Sno. It's a year round snow cone establishment located in the same parking lot as Don's Seafood. They have wonderful fried alligator and Old Fashions.

Those are my suggestions on what they can do. If you'll notice, they are all about eating. That's no mistake. It's what we do here. That's our hobby. We eat. And we eat delicious food. All I ask is you do not allow your friends to visit any national chain. It's been said Lafayette has more restaurants per capita than any other city. This is not for our Burger Kings. And we're not like those to our east. Wear your team colors and we'll be happy to exchange a little trash talk but that's as far as we'll geaux (yeah, that's how we spell it). Safe travels!

Quote Originally Posted by angellebertrand View Post
    My first thought is for them to try boudin, if they hadn't last time. A few of my favorites are The Best Stop (although outside of Greater Lafayette), Don's Specialty Meats and Johnson's Boucaniere. I don't eat the casing (don't ask what it is). LaFonda is a long-time favorite among the locals. Don't look at the menu just order this: a Ronnie Margarita, no salt, fried rabbit with queso as a appetizer and the fried chicken as an entree. I know that sounds stage for a Mexican restaurant but noone really goes there for the Mexican food. They'll have to wait for a table on a Friday night but suggest they take in the sights and sounds. May see a few oil and gas professionals (or tennis ladies) still drinking and lolly gagging from an 11am lunch. Finally, they must have a Judice Inn burger. Don't ask for ketchup or fries. Their secret sauce is the only condiment needed. The burgers are smaller than most so order 2 (I did when I was pregnant) and my husband gets his with an egg. But you can't get that on a Saturday. Lastly, they should try Cajun Sno. It's a year round snow cone establishment located in the same parking lot as Don's Seafood. They have wonderful fried alligator and Old Fashions.

Those are my suggestions on what they can do. If you'll notice, they are all about eating. That's no mistake. It's what we do here. That's our hobby. We eat. And we eat delicious food. All I ask is you do not allow your friends to visit any national chain. It's been said Lafayette has more restaurants per capita than any other city. This is not for our Burger Kings. And we're not like those to our east. Wear your team colors and we'll be happy to exchange a little trash talk but that's as far as we'll geaux (yeah, that's how we spell it). Safe travels!
    I go for the Mexican Food! However they have some other great items like the Fried Chicken, Chicken Tapatia and Alphonse Double Chop

http://ragincajuns.com/sports/2011/1...es.aspx?id=418

Use this as a guide to contacting coaches or not. Somewhere in one of the tabs you should find your answer. My best bet would be looking under the NCAA tab.

Quote Originally Posted by STLMOCAJUN View Post
    http://ragincajuns.com/sports/2011/1...es.aspx?id=418

Use this as a guide to contacting coaches or not. Somewhere in one of the tabs you should find your answer. My best bet would be looking under the NCAA tab.
    And we get a letter explaining the basics when we receive our season tickets.

No one cares about this please keep one topic you can discuss this on Facebook

10. Default Re: Need help again

The best food they'll have the opportunity to eat will be at tailgating spots. Send him over to the Eaque for some excellent gumbo. And better company.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The best food they'll have the opportunity to eat will be at tailgating spots. Send him over to the Eaque for some excellent gumbo. And better company.
    Can I come for gumbo?

. Don't know if it is proper for him to contact the coaches or not. Have . Thanks again for all your help.
    and don't know the answer, good question. but I am sure it is not proper for you to recruit the player. unless you are SEC apparently, as Fournette said "everywhere he went people (i.e. boosters) were telling him to pick lswho"

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    Can I come for gumbo?
    NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    NO SOUP FOR YOU!!
    You can always come for soup at my place. Just look for me I'm the guy with the bricked TG tent.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    You can always come for soup at my place. Just look for me I'm the guy with the bricked TG tent.
    Haha. I'm just kiddin you man. Always welcome to stop by.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information