Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk Ragin Pagin

Default Re: Let's Talk Ragin Pagin

I think we could definitely do donation drives like we've done in the past, but hiding a board behind a paywall hides board activity, and deters newcomers and guests from perceived board inactivity.

Perhaps we can donate and get a nice little badge next to our usernames as a benefactor of RP? Digital version of an RCAF vehicle decal.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I think we could definitely do donation drives like we've done in the past, but hiding a board behind a paywall hides board activity, and deters newcomers and guests from perceived board inactivity.

Perhaps we can donate and get a nice little badge next to our usernames as a benefactor of RP? Digital version of an RCAF vehicle decal.
    How about keeping it free and also offering a pay site within the site? Also asking for donations should be a yearly drive.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    How about keeping it free and also offering a pay sit within the site? Also asking for donations should be a yearly drive.
    From my own personal experiences, I do not visit other teams' boards if majority of their activity is behind a paywall. I don't know if others feel the same way, but when we have discussions about new hires/conference realignment/etc. and we see 1,000 guests on the board, that likely helps Turbine with ad revenue.

If we hide behind a paywall, that will go down.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    Thank you Turbine and 77! We really appreciate what you guys have done for the forum. It is true, however, that many in this forum have begun to cause issues. Truthfully, I've gotten a little brave with my actions as well, but my intent was never to troll or fight others when I joined the forum. I really hope one day we can get back to having non-toxic discussions, like it was when I would read the forum as a guest. GEAUX CAJUNS!
    I agree with this and also appreciate the efforts of Turbine trying to keep it civil.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    From my own personal experiences, I do not visit other teams' boards if majority of their activity is behind a paywall. I don't know if others feel the same way, but when we have discussions about new hires/conference realignment/etc. and we see 1,000 guests on the board, that likely helps Turbine with ad revenue.

If we hide behind a paywall, that will go down.
    I am not so sure that the majority would actually pay? MAT suggested maybe Turbine doing a poll to gauge the interest.

While a pay site would weed out those undesirables, it would also lessen interest, ideas and information. Tough situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    While a pay site would weed out those undesirables, it would also lessen interest, ideas and information. Tough situation.
    Why not have both?

Why not have both?
    True.

While not a pay site, the Delphi board used to have a Cajun Fans only section. Now that was before Facebook and Twitter. However I can tell you there was very little information posted there that was not public within a day or two.

Thanks for all that you do turbine. As far as I remember I haven’t personally attacked anyone on rp. I’ve gotten into some heated discussions about QB 1 for the Cajuns. There are some egos on this board that need to take a step back and realize what the point of this board is. Too many claim their opinions to be fact when it’s just their opinion and that’s when things get personal and out of control. This site is great and I will continue using it to discuss Cajuns sports and defend the athletes that chose to represent our university.

Geaux Cajuns !!!

PS I have no one on ignore.

Why not have both?
    A fundraiser seems reasonable as in the past to defer the cost of the surver and other expenses. Also selling advertisements on the top of the website, I've mentioned this before to Turbine. Now when you go to a pay wall, usually content is provided along with content information, posting article links and discussions threads doesn't meet that criteria, or expectation. JMO

12. Default Re: Let's Talk Ragin Pagin

Thanks for all that you do turbine.

As can be seen from my posts, I am usually supportive of all athletes that have given of their eligibility to play for Louisiana, supportive of the coaches who have contracted to coach our teams at Louisiana and generally in support of each team that Louisiana dresses out from time to time.

I find it amazing the self serving grandiose positions of those who show up here to criticize our athletes, coaches and the University and find it appalling that I have called them out on these and taken positions adverse to them and in support of our athletes, coaches and university. There are some egos on this board that believe that they are the end all be all as to any given sport and that the observation, posts and opinions of others are not relevant and should not appear here. Should this be a board where these can't be challenged? That is what they want. As a couple have posted above, these are most in need of taking a step back and realize the point of this board and for all to have opinions without being bullied or harassed about their opinion.

Too many claim their opinions to be fact and paramount vis a vis the opinion of others and that is when things get personal and out of control. Then, out of those #knowitalls came the Cancel Culture group that basically started appearing of late. Is this appropriate conduct for this board?

This site is great and I will continue using it to discuss Cajuns sports and defend the athletes that chose to represent our university, the coaches that chose to coach here and the athletic teams that represent Louisiana.

Geaux Cajuns !!!

PS I have no one on ignore.

13. Default Re: Let's Talk Ragin Pagin

Turbine should just charge the people that post the most, on a per post basis, and the bills would be paid.

If we could just get rid of one person….

15. Default Re: Let's Talk Ragin Pagin

Quote Originally Posted by tboy68 View Post
    If we could just get rid of one person….
    No 3 has finally stepped up. This is another one that post nothing here other than about Vic.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information