Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: In Search of Band Eye Coordination with the PA system

Default Re: Band Thread Anyone?

It wasn’t so much the volume although it was loud but the lack of base in the voice. It was like listening to music blaring loud on tweeters.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Maybe at schools like UL who, despite over 100 years of football have no tradition. Ok Didn't see that at Texas or any of the P5 schools on tv. I think the entire Texas band was larger that the UL contingent of fans at the game.
    Well that is Texas bands in Texas are a big thing, Louisiana,, not so much. Louisiana schools had no band programs at all last year. All high school bands in Louisiana are suffering. I would suspect that the POA has very few freshman members. Big schools may have the money to provide a full scholarship for thier members. Not like that here. It will take a few years to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Well that is Texas bands in Texas are a big thing, Louisiana,, not so much. Louisiana schools had no band programs at all last year. All high school bands in Louisiana are suffering. I would suspect that the POA has very few freshman members. Big schools may have the money to provide a full scholarship for thier members. Not like that here. It will take a few years to recover.
    While the band is small in number, the criticism not directed at the band members as much as the director for making the crowd snooze through yet another POA performance....many college bands salute Led Zepplin, the Who, etc. Various county artist. Etc. Anything but the snooze fest we heard last night.

What was the musical selection? I’d vote for an Abba/Streisand mashup to really get the crowd into it!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    What was the musical selection? I’d vote for an Abba/Streisand mashup to really get the crowd into it!
    Last year the music selection was great for
    The piped music I must say. I wonder why they changed. There was something for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    It was Latino appreciation night

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I was at the UT game and I don’t remember hearing their band. They played mostly piped in music.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    I was at the UT game and I don’t remember hearing their band. They played mostly piped in music.
    They played piped in UT band music

The problem is not that the band is that bad. The problem is the music they play. There is a set song after first down, second down and third down. I mentioned a number of times, I feel sorry for the members. A lot of them are really good music majors. So, at the football game they get to play Beau Jacque's, Give Em' Cornbread and the ESPN song 20 or 30 times. If I was in the band and had to do that, I would quit. It's good to know I'm not the only one who has an issue with just how monotonous that is. I realize they're trying to build "tradition", but, that's not the way to do it.

The PA announcer is Fast Eddie who pretty much runs the radio station, Big 102. He does mornings with Rene Rivette. He's a really good guy. Send him an email or give him a call. I'm sure he would listen to any complaint you may have. However, I think it's out of his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    The PA announcer is Fast Eddie who pretty much runs the radio station, Big 102. He does mornings with Rene Rivette. He's a really good guy. Send him an email or give him a call. I'm sure he would listen to any complaint you may have. However, I think it's out of his hands.
    I think the PA guy is big Tuna, the same person that does the basketball games

Lets just be real for a minute all us ole farts grew up listening to the POA so we enjoy this ole type of music. None of us listen to the type of music that's played at CF but our grandkids and the students do. So do we get our way and complain about no young or student participation at games or do we compromise. Those are our only choices but we cant have it both ways. My General use to always start his briefs with If you don't like change you wont like this.

13. Default Re: Band Thread Anyone?

Outside of halftime, no one comes for the music, no one stays for the music.

Because of that I would make the experience as Louisiana cULturally unique as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Outside of halftime, no one comes for the music, no one stays for the music.

Because of that I would make the experience as Louisiana cULturally unique as possible.
    This!!! Our little crowd always ask why they don’t play more Cajun/creole music. Why not take full advantage of our cULture? If I remember correctly that was a big suggestion in the Alden report. Get some zydeco going and get the crowd up on its feet. Seems so simple, and not sure why no one at UL seems to understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    This!!! Our little crowd always ask why they don’t play more Cajun/creole music. Why not take full advantage of our cULture? If I remember correctly that was a big suggestion in the Alden report. Get some zydeco going and get the crowd up on its feet. Seems so simple, and not sure why no one at UL seems to understand that.
    You right...this area is full of Grammy noms and winners. Many went to UL or involved with music department...Have Sweet Cecilia sing the National Anthem, instead of that f'ing rave music, throw in some Sonny Landreth, bring in a zydeco group to work up a halftime show with the POA. But Nooooo...cant think out of the box or spend the $ to do it?...How much did the singing Bob Ross cost? Once was cool, twice was a bore?

At App, they video board Luke Combs and Eric Church with nearly every break....it ain't that difficult to do....(both are former students there)

And please, stop with the fake check/RCAF presentations...so phoney...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information