Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Final G2: Louisiana 77, Arkansas State 74

Default Re: Live Game Talk: G2 Louisiana 77, Arkansas State 74

Foul trouble on Awkuba and missed free throws allowed this game to become a nail biter. Great job by freshman Harper on knocking a couple down at crunch time. Young man looks like a guy who KNOWS how to WIN. Fortunate he became eligible in December.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: G2 Louisiana vs Arkansas State

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    We had a 20 point lead
    Then you’d love WBB, two nights in a row blown a double digit second half lead.

Default Re: MBB Live Game Talk: G2 Louisiana 77, Arkansas State 74

....and won them all.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    ....and won them all.

Agreed. My point is the double standard that is displayed from time to time here. Looking forward to the LR games.

We may be the only school in the country that had their basketball teams go 4 and 0 over a 2 day period. Of course that is due to the pandemic required back to back set up. I think CUSA is doing the same. Still, coaches throughout the league have talked about how hard sweeps are in the current setup. The Saturday game is really challenging for the team that wins Friday. That is true regardless of opponent. Therfore for both teams to pull it off is quite encouraging.

6. Default Re: MBB Live Game Talk: G2 Louisiana 77, Arkansas State 74

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We may be the only school in the country that had their basketball teams go 4 and 0 over a 2 day period. Of course that is due to the pandemic required back to back set up. I think CUSA is doing the same. Still, coaches throughout the league have talked about how hard sweeps are in the current setup. The Saturday game is really challenging for the team that wins Friday. That is true regardless of opponent. Therfore for both teams to pull it off is quite encouraging.
    I really wish they could do one of two things.

Alternate the men and women start times.

Start at 4p on Friday and 6p on Saturday to give the players 24 hours between games instead of the current 20 hour break.

7. UL Basketball Re: MBB Live Game Talk: G2 Louisiana 77, Arkansas State 74

We may be the only school in the country that had their basketball teams go 4 and 0 over a 2 day period. The Saturday game is really challenging for the team that wins Friday. That is true regardless of opponent. Therfore for both teams to pull it off is quite encouraging
    That statement suggests that it’s easier for the teams that lose to win the next game. That doesn’t make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    That statement suggests that it’s easier for the teams that lose to win the next game. That doesn’t make sense to me.
    It makes complete sense when teams are generally of similar ability. The team that loses one night naturally fights hard to avoid getting swept. That is why there have been so many splits in the conference season to date. That may change as we go down the line with some teams gaining confidence due to success and others getting discouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Devin butts needs not to be in the game. Ever
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Yes.
    What about the night he scored 22 off the bench in what is still to date the only conference loss for Texas St? I agree he is a very inconsistent shooter but he has had his moments where he has been on.

It makes complete sense when teams are generally of similar ability. The team that loses one night naturally fights hard to avoid getting swept. That is why there have been so many splits in the conference season to date. That may change as we go down the line with some teams gaining confidence due to success and others getting discouraged.
    But "being swept" is not really a basketball term. So it wouldnt really be in their historical makeup to be worried about avoiding a sweep.... However, I could see your point for other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    What about the night he scored 22 off the bench in what is still to date the only conference loss for Texas St? I agree he is a very inconsistent shooter but he has had his moments where he has been on.
    He’s had 2 games where he’s been on. One was against the lsu twin. So I’ll say he has had a moment. One game. Everything else is bad. Really bad

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    We had a 20 point lead
    It happens. It's basketball. The fact that we finished the deal is what is encouraging. We'll see the makeup of this team and whether they are improving or not with the upcoming road swing.

What's the status of Julian and other injured players?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    What's the status of Julian and other injured players?
    Very unlikely either play this year.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information