Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Ole Miss Pitcher to UL? NOT

Default Re: Ole Miss Pitcher to UL?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    A Couple of names to consider when making this statement:
    These are guys who in the last 10 years made significant contributions to the Cajuns either on the mound or in the field from LSU-E.

Jake Hammond Maybe our best arm out of the Pen this year
    Gavin Bourgeois huge contributor and starter
    Steven Sensley huge contributor and starter
    Jevan Huval great arm out of the pen
    Stefan Trosclair huge contributor and starter
    Will Bacon great arm out of the pen
    Evan Powell huge contributor and late season starter
    Cody Boutte Sunday Starter
    Ben Carter Great arm out of the pen

These are 4 guys who had moments that weren't to bad from LSU-E. Austin Bradford would have been much better had he not been injured.

Sam Carriere only played 1 year, but it was a good year, transferred to UNO
    Zach Lafleur one good year, one bad year with the Cajuns
    Austin Bradford injuries decemated his career.
    Jordan Bourque up and down player with the Cajuns
    I'm talking about BIG TIME players. All mentioned were contributors but Trosclair [All American] and Sensley were the two best over that span and Sensley never really got it going full throttle until the middle of the season his last year here. A far as for pitchers, Boutte hands down was more than solid his two years here [2013-2014].

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    So far, a rumor but maybe others may know more but hearing Drew McDaniel is transferring to UL....
    I would love to know where people are hearing this. I thought I read earlier between sales calls, on one post that I cannot find now, it was a "fore gone conclusion" a few weeks ago. I would love to know how they came up with that conclusion or where they heard that conclusion from? I have been good friends with his daddy since college. I was in his parents wedding. We talked several times during the season and he has never hinted of transferring. It was obvious Drew didn't have the year he wanted and maybe that is what started all the rumors. Heck maybe it is true and they want to dot all I's and cross all T's before saying anything? I do not know. The only place I am hearing or seeing anything about transferring is on RP. Again would love to hear what people are hearing outside of Ragin Pagin.

Did I understand J correctly that one has to enter the portal by tomorrow if they intend to transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    I'm talking about BIG TIME players. All mentioned were contributors but Trosclair [All American] and Sensley were the two best over that span and Sensley never really got it going full throttle until the middle of the season his last year here. A far as for pitchers, Boutte hands down was more than solid his two years here [2013-2014].
    Ok. You got me curious. Since we are talking about how good LSUE isn’t. Can you give me a single JuCo that has given us a better list of contributing players as group than LSUE? Serious question. I don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    It has been rumored he’s coming here but I don’t recall seeing any type of announcement or commitment.
    Does this count?

https://twitter.com/Ben_Tatee

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes. In a very quiet kinda way. Did he log any innings at Tulane?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I would love to know where people are hearing this. I thought I read earlier between sales calls, on one post that I cannot find now, it was a "fore gone conclusion" a few weeks ago. I would love to know how they came up with that conclusion or where they heard that conclusion from? I have been good friends with his daddy since college. I was in his parents wedding. We talked several times during the season and he has never hinted of transferring. It was obvious Drew didn't have the year he wanted and maybe that is what started all the rumors. Heck maybe it is true and they want to dot all I's and cross all T's before saying anything? I do not know. The only place I am hearing or seeing anything about transferring is on RP. Again would love to hear what people are hearing outside of Ragin Pagin.

Did I understand J correctly that one has to enter the portal by tomorrow if they intend to transfer?
    Agree. This is literally the only place I’ve heard anything about the kid transferring here. Saw him many times on Tv during the championship series and he appeared to be having fun with his teammates.

Update: McDaniel is in the portal. We'll see, but I think he winds up here. Now that he's in the portal, they can actually talk to him.

Tate: Couldn't throw a strike to save his life at Tulane. But he's got upside.

McGehee: Dad was a monster at La. Tech and pitched in the bigs. He has four years of eligibility remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Update: McDaniel is in the portal. We'll see, but I think he winds up here. Now that he's in the portal, they can actually talk to him.

McGehee: Dad was a monster at La. Tech and pitched in the bigs. He has four years of eligibility remaining.
    So the good news on Tate is, he still has a lot of unused strikes to throw!

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    So the good news on Tate is, he still has a lot of unused strikes to throw!
    8 BB in 5.1 IP. Small sample size, but might be a typical freshman not trusting his stuff thing. Who knows though. Good news is he gave up zero hits. That may have been because the pitches were nowhere near the zone, though.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=tate--000ben

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    8 BB in 5.1 IP. Small sample size, but might be a typical freshman not trusting his stuff thing. Who knows though. Good news is he gave up zero hits. That may have been because the pitches were nowhere near the zone, though.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=tate--000ben
    We don't need another Durke.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post

I can name a few pitchers with "upside" that came here and couldn't find the plate with a GPS. No thank you.

Yeah I think after that guy whoever shows up in August will need to impress quickly. College baseball is a talent acquisition business. If he's healthy, I hope he is pitching somewhere now working ___ out.

13. Default Re: Ole Miss Pitcher to UL?

Where’s Gaston today…

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Where’s Gaston today…
    He gone.

15. Default Re: Ole Miss Pitcher to UL?

Speaking of Durke, he is headed to Rice.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information