Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ian Auzenne career move

Default Re: Ian Auzenne

Best of luck to Ian. I enjoy his broadcasts and really liked his sports talk show on Saturday mornings and was disappointed when it ended. We were lucky to have him in this market.

2. Default Re: Ian Auzenne

Ian's the best. Sorry to see him go. I see many Marconi's and possibly a few Emmy's in his future.

More to your liking Turbine?

3. Default Re: Ian Auzenne career move

Thank you all for your kind words. You really know how to inflate a man’s ego. I apologize for taking so long to respond. I’ve been dealing with a furniture move and having my car broken into over the weekend.

I’ll say this: Lafayette radio has a lot of people in it who care, especially at KPEL. I may be gone, but you’ll still be in good hands.

I’ll be back from time-to-time, as I will be doing high school football for TSM this fall. Schedule and Learfield permitting, I’ll still be around as needed for Cajuns broadcasts.

And yes, I definitely outkicked my coverage.

See y’all soon!

Default Re: Ian Auzenne career move

Quote Originally Posted by IndiaPaleAle View Post
    Thank you all for your kind words. You really know how to inflate a man’s ego. I apologize for taking so long to respond. I’ve been dealing with a furniture move and having my car broken into over the weekend.

I’ll say this: Lafayette radio has a lot of people in it who care, especially at KPEL. I may be gone, but you’ll still be in good hands.

I’ll be back from time-to-time, as I will be doing high school football for TSM this fall. Schedule and Learfield permitting, I’ll still be around as needed for Cajuns broadcasts.

See y’all soon!
    TSM?

See y’all soon!
    Sorry your car got broken into. Welcome to New Orleans!

6. Default Re: Ian Auzenne career move

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNSyy View Post
    TSM?
    Townsquare Media
    Last edited by IndiaPaleAle; June 20th, 2022 at 08:30 pm. Reason: Forgot to attach quote

See y’all soon!
    What will you be doing at WWL? Will you be on the air?

8. Default Re: Ian Auzenne career move

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    What will you be doing at WWL? Will you be on the air?
    I’ll be anchoring newscasts and reporting. Not sure what shift I’ll be working. Should find out tomorrow. Right now, I’m learning the equipment and news gathering programs WWL uses.

That’s great. Best of luck to you. Will try to listen in when I’m in the NOLA area.

10. Default Re: Ian Auzenne career move

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    That’s great. Best of luck to you. Will try to listen in when I’m in the NOLA area.
    I'm sure there is an app where you don't have to wait to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I'm sure there is an app where you don't have to wait to listen.
    There is. I have had it for a while.

I love to listen to WWL on occasion. I remember Buddy D. He was a New Orleans Big Dave. He would come up with the most outrageous things. He was great.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I love to listen to WWL on occasion. I remember Buddy D. He was a New Orleans Big Dave. He would come up with the most outrageous things. He was great.
    Prior to Buddy D, the New Orleans media sports legend was Hap Glaudi. Had the pleasure of meeting him once, very nice man who did not let his fame go to his head. What I wonder is if Ian would move back here full time were he to replace Jay as the main Voice of the Cajuns. Now I hope Jay's health allows him to maintain his current role for a few more years. We could do a lot worse were Ian to take over

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Prior to Buddy D, the New Orleans media sports legend was Hap Glaudi. Had the pleasure of meeting him once, very nice man who did not let his fame go to his head. What I wonder is if Ian would move back here full time were he to replace Jay as the main Voice of the Cajuns. Now I hope Jay's health allows him to maintain his current role for a few more years. We could do a lot worse were Ian to take over
    I remember when Peter King (Sports Illustrated) wrote a sports column for a local paper in Enfield Connecticut. He wasn't there long.

Ian will kill it in NOLA and is obviously big market talent. Water seeks its own level.

15. Default Re: Ian Auzenne career move

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    …….One of my fun things in life was going on Hap’s show to get the player of the week my sr year in FB at Jesuit….he was a Jesuit alumnus and we all loved him….The Gueydan ? Poster was a regular call in that Hap would listen to….some great t v as he is credited for starting “Happy talk” on tv where the anchors of news sports and weather would talk to each other!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information