O.30ULCrowleyW176
    N.07@New IberiaW210
    N.21@St. MartinvilleW160
    N.26@Lake CharlesW120
    N.27@VintonW160

3. UL Football

The VERMILION
    Oct 10, 1908

The football team is working very hard to beat St. Martin here on the 24th. We are very glad to have Mr. C.T.B. playing with our foot ball team this year. He is one of the best foot ball players that the S. L. I. I. ever had.

We are also glad to hear that R. Ruane and M. Arnauni will hit the line very hard, with Delahouse and L. Moore playing ends. We have good backs this year with C. T. Bienvenu, Left half: Bordelon, fullback; W. Vincent, right half; A. Bagarry, quarterback. There are many others that are trying for the first team and we hope they will succeed in making. We also have West and LaRose trying very hard to break the line at tackle.

4. Default

The VERMILION
    Oct 19, 1908

On the twenty-fourth there is to be a game of foot ball S.L.I.I. versus St. Martinville. A rooter's club was organized Tuesday with James Blake as a leader, for the purpose of cheering our boys on.

5. Default

The VERMILION
    Nov 2, 1908

Saturday the 24th the score of the football game, S.L.I.I. versus St. Martinville was 10 to 11 in favor of the Instute.

All of Spaldings foot ball goods at the Moss Pharmacy.

6. Default

The VERMILION
    Nov 30, 1908
    Another Scalp for S.L.I.I.

On Saturday evening, Nov 21 the game was called at 4 o'clock between St Martinville High School and S.L.I.I. in st. Martinville
    Time was up and the score remained S.L.I.I. 16 St. M.H.S. 0

7. Default

The VERMILION
    Nov 30, 1908

We are proud to say that our foot ball team has played four games and won four.

Our matron Miss A. Foules gave the foot ball boys a nice supper, which was appreciated by every member.

8. Default

The VERMILION
    Dec. 14, 1908
    Lake Charles vs S.L.I.I.

Game was called at 3:30. Lafayette won the toss and chose to kickoff. Jolet kicked, sending it to the ten yard line. Lake Charles brought it up to the fifteen yard line and was downed. Scrimmage began. By end runs Lake Charles brought it in the center of the field. Ball passes Institute. With the line buck the Lafayette team pushed their opponents back ten yards. With a foreward pass Bigarry brought the bal thirty yards, but was downed by Heney of Lake Charles. M. Bordelon tried a a field goal but missed t on account of the grass being too high.

...Score 12 to 0 in favor of Southwestern Louisiana Industrial Institute. Barrios, Delahoussaye and Vincent are the half backs that go thru a line like wild steers

Thread Information