Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: DIARY: Louisiana's Track & Field, Soccer Complex

Track & Field

Thanks for the link, Turbine. Now the viewers will have a true pictorial diary, beginning with your initial photos in March through Nov, and hopefully on to completion of the project. As I stated earlier I will attempt to continue the diary, especially the intallation of the track surface. I think, that will be very interesting.

2. Default

cajuncharlie did you notice what the subsurface of the track is?

Am I correct, there is no concrete this time around?

I don't know the answer to your question, Turbine, but I will ask Coach Veazey.

Now I am just speculating, but I would think there has to be some concerete to lay the track surface. The subsurface, I would think, is the what looks like limestone. These are all uneducated guesses on my part. I will go to the font of track knowledge and get the answers for all of us!

Turbine, here is the straight "skinny", as given to me by Tim Lemaire, concerning the track construction.

The base of the track is what you see in my photos, which looks like limestone that has been packed and rolled. The next layer will be asphalt, followed by the actual track surface. There is to be NO concrete below the track surface.

If we can skip some rainy days, that will allow the subsurface to dry, and they could begin laying the asphalt. If this should happen the track surface could be laid and installation completed by the end of December. I do not see this happening, because of the promise of a wet winter. I do hope that forecast is wrong.

Track & Field Track & Soccer Field Complex

Visual Updates Mar 04, April 04, May-June 04, Sept 04, Oct 04, Nov 04, Dec 04, Jan 05

Thanks to a "heads up" from my friend telling me that they were laying the asphalt base at the Complex. I managed to get some photos late yesterday. Hopefully, I will be able to get the actual laying of the track surface. This is to take place soon, or so I was told.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This photo is of the inial curve, and also shows the apron for the high jump area, I think

Track & Field

This photo was taken in the initial curve looking back to stands.

Track & Field

I took this photo at the top of the stands in an attempt to give you an idea of what you might view, if you were sitting there during a meet or a soccer match. Not too sure that I succeeded.

Track & Field

My comments for this photo are the same as the previous photo.

I am going to continue my photo diary until completion of the Complex. Hopefully, I can get photos of them actually laying the track surface. That should be an interesting operation. Keep watching for photos of this continuing photo diary of another athletic facility that enhances the total Athletic Complex.

Track & Field

The friend who gave me the "heads up" is gorcajun. Sorry that I forgot to say who you were in the intial photo.

11. Default

That road looks like it goes on forever . . .
    Great pics CajunCharlie

Thanks, for the updates.

The new "verbal commitment" Don Hargroder could utilize the High Jump apron. He jumped, I think, 7 ft. 2 in. last year at STM.

Everything I have seen says you are two inches too high. But what the hell is two inches between friends.

14. Default

I have followed Don since the 6th grade---I hope he never gets close to 7 feet again because he is a 215 pound real man for the Cajuns that helps us for the next 4 years in football. His dad said that they made a highlite film which shows I think a 360 turn around dunk---Geaux Don!!!!

Hey boomer, if he can do both why not? Maybe even the decathlon!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information