LOUISIANA La. - Will Chance has played in two wildly different offensive schemes over the past two years, and he says it's made him a better offensive lineman.

The Louisiana's coaches apparently agree.

Chance, a three-year offensive tackle performer for Cecilia High, gave a verbal commitment to Ragin' Cajun head football coach Rickey Bustle on Monday, becoming the sixth early commitment to the Cajun program.

"I really like their whole coaching staff as a group," said Chance, a 6-foot-3, 290-pound returning All-District selection. "I think they're going to take the program forward."

Chance, the second offensive lineman to commit to the Cajuns, was part of a run-oriented offense for the Bulldogs up until his senior year. This season, new head coach Chris Towery installed a multiple offense that emphasized the passing game.

"I think that helped me improve," said Chance, who helped lead the Bulldogs to a 5-4 overall record. "The coaches we had my first couple of years taught me a lot about how to be a run blocker. When the new staff came it was tough to adapt to for a while, but now I know I can pass set and do it with confidence."

One thing that has helped Chance's confidence is working with Cecilia line coach Chad Hakemack, a former four-year letterman in the offensive front for the UL Lafayette squad.

The rest of the story

Advertiser
Dan McDonald