CAJUN FIELD
    (KLAF UPN-17)
    UL-49 Opp-281-2
    Sept. 24Open Date
    Oct. 1CENTRAL FLORIDACAJUN FIELDUL-21 Opp-241-3
    Oct. 6 (Thur.)FLORIDA ATLANTIC*CAJUN FIELD
    (TV ESPN+)
    UL-10 Opp-28 1-4
    Oct. 13 (Thur)at Arkansas State*Jonesboro, Ark.
    (TV ESPN+)
    UL-36 Opp-391-5
    Oct. 22at Middle Tennessee*Murfreesboro, Tenn.UL-13 Opp-102-5
    Oct. 29TROY*
    105th Homecoming
    CAJUN FIELDUL-31 Opp-283-5
    Nov. 5at North Texas*Denton, Texas
    (TV ESPN+)
    UL-31 Opp-284-5
    Nov. 12FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL*CAJUN FIELD
    (TV CSS)
    UL-28 Opp-7 5-5
    Nov. 19Open Date
    Nov. 26at Louisiana-Monroe*Monroe, La.
    (TV ESPN+)
    2:30 p.m. 
    Dec. 3Open Date
    Dec. 10Open Date
    Dec. 17Open Date
    Dec. 20 Tue.New Orleans BowlCajun Field
    ESPN
    7pm 

For tickets contact Shivaun Bertrand at the Cajundome Box Office (337) 265-2100.

LOUISIANA SI

That is an awesome sked! That E. Michigan game is very big to start the season. Hopefully they pull it off, which they should but it is on the road. Then 3 straight home games, Cajuns play so well at home unless some sort of hiccup, they are 4-1 headed into conference! Wow, cant wait and no major road trips back to back. THis could be a promising season.
    GEAUX CAJUNS!!!
    Undefeated in 05 (yes that means texas too)

3. Default Re: 2005 Football Schedule complete

The NFL released all the schedules today and I was hoping the bye weeks would fit with the Cajuns schedule so we could get some of the Preaux's in the house.

I see where Jake Delhommes open date is the same as the Cajuns so no chance of getting him in for a Jake Delhomme day.

The week Ike Taylor has off the Ragin' Cajuns will be at Middle Tennessee so perhaps next year.

What could work out and what would be nice is to have a Charles Tillman day the week Florida Atlantic comes to Cajun Field. The Bears are off the weekend of Oct. 8th. Perhaps the Peanut man can make the trek from Tigue Moore field to the Swamp for Peanut.

UL Football Re: 2005 Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by lxa656
    unless some sort of hiccup, they are 4-1 headed into conference!
    I remember last year when we all were getting way ahead of ourselves and making predictions and last year ended up being a let down. I beleive we must take one game at a time and don't count any games as W's or L's until the final whistle. I am cautiously optimistic, and can't wait for September 3!!!

Default Re: 2005 Football Schedule complete

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    What could work out and what would be nice is to have a Charles Tillman day the week Florida Atlantic comes to Cajun Field. The Bears are off the weekend of Oct. 8th. Perhaps the Peanut man can make the trek from Tigue Moore field to the Swamp for Peanut.
    I like that idea Turbine!!! Would peanuts be at a discount that week

Default Re: 2005 Football Schedule

My wife and I are both ULL Alums and we moved up to Columbus, Ohio two years ago. We plan on going to the game against Eastern Michigan. It is only about a three hour drive from us.
    It'll be nice to give those green eagles a chunk of vermillion in their diet!
    GEAUX CAJUNS!!

Default Re: 2005 Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunpride101
    My wife and I are both ULL Alums and we moved up to Columbus, Ohio two years ago. We plan on going to the game against Eastern Michigan. It is only about a three hour drive from us.
    Thanks for representing!

Default Schedule Breakdown

I am a little bored so I decided to do my own breakdown of the strengths of our opponents this year.

Texas - What more needs to be said they will probably be ranked in the preseason top 5 on all polls and the return one of the most exciting QB's in the country. Their defense also returns 9 starters but with Vince Young they will get less publicity than the offense.

Eastern Michigan - Last year they ranked in the top 20 for their offense and this year should be no different. They return a solid QB, a running back who rushed for over 800 yards in a spread offense, and a WR who is on every watch list of players you haven't heard of but will by the end of the year.

Northwestern State - The are the defending Southland Conference champion and return the Southland player of the year in QB Vinson, a former Baylor transfer. They the running back who had a great game against us last year but they do return Shelton Sampson who has put up a lot of yardage while splitting time for most of his career.

Central Florida - They have no where to go but up. Finishing as the only team in D-1A last year without a win but with several close calls. They were very young last year and they have enough returning players to be a pretty good team this year if the peices fall into place for head coach George O'Leary

Florida Atlantic - They will be in a year of rebuilding because of the loss of a lot of Sr's who had been together sense the school first began its football program. They do return one of the best corners in the sunbelt in Willie Hughley who potentially could be all sun belt and they return a Sr QB Danny Embick who wasn't a starter last year but got plenty of playing time so don't be surprised if they pull off a few big vicitories because with the talent in south florida the rebuilding should not take that long.

Arkansas State - They return a veteran QB in Noce and the best running game in the conference outside of North Texas led by RB Antonio Warren. Last year they were inconsistent and almost pulled off the upset at Memphis and had several close conference games. With more conssitent play from Noce and the running game they will be a big player in the sunbelt race.

Middle Tenn. - They always seem to be picked as the team to take down North Texas for the sunbelt crown but have underacheived a lot the last few years. With the best returning QB in the sunbelt Clint Marks and a team loaded with experience this team should have a very big year. Look for their passing game to be ranked in the top 20 by the end of the year. They are my pick to win the conference, even though my heart wants me to pick UL.

Troy - One week we play the best passing team in the conference and the very next for homecoming we play the worst offense in the conference. They are loaded on defense once again though and should have the best defensive unit in the conference.

North Texas - They have won every sunbelt conference title so until someone beats them they are the favorite to win it again. One of best running games in the country with 2 NCAA rushing champions. They will be yougn and inexperienced but with the talent that they have at RB they will be a tough team to beat.

Florida International - Played us tough last year and this year they return a lot of starters. Will probably be at the bottom of the sunbelt but they will have enough talent to play with any team in the sunbelt and maybe pull off an upset or 2.

ULM - They return 17 starters and Brandon Guillory a former WR turned DE. He is in the same mold as Damarcus Ware the 1st roud pick from Troy and he will be in opponents backfields all year long. He is my pick for the defensive player of the year and they also return a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball. Jyles their all everything QB will be a threat with his feet and his arm and with a big target like Quillen at WR he should have a big year. This is my most anticipated game, espicially after the way we lost to them last year.

Well this was my breakdown of our schedule. Let me know what ya'll think.

UL Football Re: Schedule Breakdown

Very interesting!

I'd like to have your opinion on this year's Cajuns. Also, how we stack up against each opponent.

I need a football fix!

Default Re: Schedule Breakdown

I'm glad someone can enjoy the wierd stuff I do when I'm bored lol Yea I'll put something together and put it up tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by mickzat
    Very interesting!

I'd like to have your opinion on this year's Cajuns. Also, how we stack up against each opponent.

I need a football fix!
    Well mickzat here is a fix for you I'll say what I think about each group on the team and if anyone else can add anything feel free to add it.

QB - Babb, Desormeaux, Hundley
    This arguement will probably go all year long about who the starter should be, Babb or Desormeaux. Until its is taken from him though Babb is our starter and I think if he gets over some of the inconsistency he had last year he could be one of the 3 best QB's in the conference. Most of his troubles last year came at the end of the year when he was injured so if he can stay healthy it will be a big year for him but if not will get to see a taste of our future starter in Desormeaux.

RB - Johnson, Lindon, Harrison, Wallace, Jenkins, Fenroy, Rubin, Levier

They might not be the best group on the team but they are deep. Johnson will most likely be the starter but with the way Bustle rotates all the backs every should get plenty of PT. I look for Levier to be a big part of the squad this year. He showed last year he had a little pop but just battle with some fumbling problems. Lindon will be playing FB and will split time with Jenkins there. Of course the big talk of this group is Wallace and Fenroy and they should be very good players. I have yet to see Wallace but Fenroy showed signs in the 2nd half of the Bayou Bowl that he could be a very good one for us. You can't forget about Harrison and Rubin either because they should both get PT this year.

WR - Sampy, Jackson, Brown, Givens, Robbins, Fredrick, Nevels, Cherry, Smith

This group will be young but very athletic. Sampy will be the stud of this group but I looked for Jackson to finally live up to the potential that he has. At 6'6 200+ lbs he is a huge target and then you have 3 other 6'3 targets in Brown, Givens, and Robbins. Big and athletic describes these guys but you also have Fredrick a JUCO transfer who should get time and then you have 3 athletic freshmen in Nevels, Cherry, and Smith. This group will get better as they see more PT and they might not live up to it this year but the next few years should be special.

TE - Jones, Belton, Ulm

Another unexperienced group but talented and as the season goes on you will see them get better. Jones redshirted last year and Belton didn't see much PT last year so if anyone that has seen them practice can add anything feel free. Ulm I was able to see film on as a member on scout.com and he looked impressive catchign the football and should be exciting when he hits the field.

O-Line - Cox, Newman, Hodges, Ernest, Chance, Gillis, Bryant, Fails, Leger

They will not be that deep but they are a very talented group. Cox has NFL writtin all over him at 6'7 300 and should I think will be an all sunbelt performer this year. Newman was a freshmen last year but will be a good one also. Hodges, Ernest, and Chance are going to anchor the middle. This is a group that I knwo the least about so if someone else can add that would be great.

DL - Delesdernier, Ferguson, Hills, Kwarteng, Hardeway , Bradley, Nelson, Taylor, Isaac

This group was young last year but I think they got better as the year went on. Delesderneir and Ferguson will plug up the middle and hopefull do what we didn't do last year and stop the run. Kwarteng and Hills will give the rush from the outside and this year I look for us to get to the QB better than we did this last year.

LB - Risher, Green, Norman, Simon, Hadnot, Burkhalter, Fair, Morel, Robinson, Vance

This group like out D-Line was inexperienced last year but look for them to be better this year than last. Green showed me a lot last year and according to most Norman had a great spring so I'm excited to see them hit the field. Risher will be a soph. but did play last year and should become better with that experience. Like the rest of our LB Simon is undersized but like the rest are nto scared to get down and make a tackle. Hadnot is another small guy but watching him in the spring game you can tell he was a player that wasn't going to shy away from contact. Burkhalter hopefully will see plenty of PT in the middle being that at LB this is where we have the least amount of experience.

DB - Morgan, Fenton, Adams, Carter, Harris, Jones, Smith, Kingsby, Felders, Bount, Walker, Coxeff

The strength of our defense for the last few years and this year should be no different. Adams is a small guy but plays big on the outside. He will be our veteran leader at CB and should have a big year. The other CB spot could be filled by a few guys, Fenton, Smith, and Carter should battle for the spot and any of them can play it and play it well. At safety look for Morgan who would have been a starter last year if nto for a knee injury. He will play in CC Browns spot and look for him to come up and make the big play (maybe hit a few people like CC did. The otherS could be filled by Harris, Kingsby, or Felders but you will not get much of a drop off from any of them.

Man I have no life to actually sit down and do this but it was fun so ya'll look at this and let me know what you think about it. If I'm way off in certain areas let me know.

12. Default Re: Schedule Breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    I am a little bored so I decided to do my own breakdown of the strengths of our opponents this year . . . Well this was my breakdown of our schedule. Let me know what ya'll think.
    Very very nice.

I really like how you point out the positives in both opponents and our players.

ps Why is it you seem to come through in the Clutch about 364 days of the year. ?

Well why be negative...being clutch means being positive lol thanks for the compliment turbine

Yo Clutch, dont you think Hundley would be redshirted this year? I would think they would want to have a good seperation between him and Desourmeaux. ALso, what about Connor Morel? I dont remember if he has to sit out this season, but will he be candidate for #3 qb or be moved to DB or WR? Also, is there another qb that we are missing? I dont know that you know all of the answers, but you opinion will do just fine!

By the way, watch your money this weekend cause I am coming after it!

Hundley shoudl get redshirted but you never know what situations will come up. Morel will have to sit out a year and so will the CB Coxeff.

When I take your money I'll remind you about this post lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information