Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Countdown to Kickoff: Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Football 2012

1. UL Football Countdown to Kickoff: Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Football 2012

1912-13
    (0-0)
    Coach: Mark Hudspeth

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Countdown to Kickoff: Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Football 2012

Woohoo!

Defend the house!!! Defend the House!!! Defend the House!!!! Do that and thats 6..... Pack the house!!!!! We as fans can do more than anyone to make all of our dreams happen. 31,000+ per game keeps the heat on the right people.

I hope I can make it to the game. I just took a job in TX. hopefully it will be steaming somewhere.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by skankinCajun View Post
    I hope I can make it to the game. I just took a job in TX. hopefully it will be steaming somewhere.
    You will be steaming of it is not.

The university needs to promote the first game starting at the beginning of August. The way you get amazing crowds is by bringing in the casual fan.

7. Default Re: Countdown to Kickoff: Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Football 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    It will never, ever get old. I know some people don't care about what LSU fans think. But quite a few of them watched that game and loved it for us. One lady I know told me she couldn't stop crying knowing how excited I would be at that moment in the game. That whole experience was great.

I'm stoked about this season. I believe in us. I'm going to treat the Lamar game as another bowl game. I'm going to be that stoked about seeing the Cajuns take the field. Every able-bodied Cajun should be standing and roaring as the Cajuns take the field. We should turn our home game atmosphere into something no group of our size can match.
    Isn't it weird how winning some football games can change some peoples attitudes and perception?

8. Default Re: Countdown to Kickoff: Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Football 2012

Quote Originally Posted by geo_cajun View Post
    Isn't it weird how winning some football games can change some peoples attitudes and perception?
    Imagine what will happen if we continue to have success over the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    The university needs to promote the first game starting at the beginning of August. The way you get amazing crowds is by bringing in the casual fan.
    I used to live in Austin and my wife is a
    Texas Ex. At bars on 6th St starting in the summer and throughout football season, they would stop the music every couple of hours and play "The Eyes of Texas" and the hole place would stop and sing to the song while holding up their Hook Em Horns finger signs and announce the next football home game date and opponent. It was pretty awesome. Would be neat to see something similar in Lafayette with the UL Fight Song played and And sung to with everyone holding up their UL finger signs with a similar announcement. Great way to get everyone there involved, aware of each game, and thinking UL.

Quote Originally Posted by skankinCajun View Post
    Why don't you just make the short trip back home to Lousiana and attend the game in person!!!!!!!! Nothing like a weekend in Cajun territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Why don't you just make the short trip back home to Lousiana and attend the game in person!!!!!!!! Nothing like a weekend in Cajun territory.
    Guess that depends on where in TX he ended up getting a job. A trip from some places there make my trips look short.

12. Default Re: Countdown to Kickoff: Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Football 2012

Getting closer...

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    The days leading up to the game in New Orleans were incredible. That night, after it was all said and done and the sea of red marched down Poydras, was a moment many had been waiting to experience for decades upon decades. We must once again march and prove to the naysayers that last year wasn't a fluke, that a new era has begun for Ragin' Cajun Football.
    That Saturday morning I was in line behind a couple of SDSU fans at Cafe du Monde. Dude politely said they were too much for us. So I politely played along and talked up thier conference strength. The whole time I was thinking dude, your team is walking into a buzz saw and none of you appear to know it.

I watch that kick and highlights of the game whenever I am feeling sad...never fails to make me smile. What a ride last year was. Wish we could have just one more year of eligibility!!!! Oh well life goes on......

Quote Originally Posted by MissingMandy View Post
    I watch that kick and highlights of the game whenever I am feeling sad...never fails to make me smile. What a ride last year was. Wish we could have just one more year of eligibility!!!! Oh well life goes on......
    That would be nice! Thank goodness for that magical senior season though! Wishing Kyle all the best! Hope he'll be around Cajun Field this season! He can come tailgate at the Eauk!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information