Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: What is behind UL football's attendance woes? Numerous obstacles keep fans from Cajun Field

Default Re: What is behind UL football's attendance woes? Numerous obstacles keep fans from Cajun Field

Remember when you were a kid and stayed at a hotel and the toilet had a little paper strip across the seat? Sanitized for your protection.

That's the current Cajun Field atmosphere.

2. Default Re: What is behind UL football's attendance woes? Numerous obstacles keep fans from Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Out of curiosity did a little reading about the staff/faculty of the Office of Student Engagement & Leadership...

I will reserve comment other than to say that I would not expect any effort from this office to try and get students to prioritize sports attendance.
    Not one suggestion before the ads.

https://getinvolved.louisiana.edu/

3. Default Re: What is behind UL football's attendance woes? Numerous obstacles keep fans from Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Not one suggestion before the ads.

https://getinvolved.louisiana.edu/
    ….Guess they don’t realize that a great %age of students at a game having FUN is as good a recruiting tool as anything….wake up guys and get more bodies to enroll!!!

Default Re: What is behind UL football's attendance woes? Numerous obstacles keep fans from Cajun Field

Out of curiosity did a little reading about the staff/faculty of the Office of Student Engagement & Leadership...

I will reserve comment other than to say that I would not expect any effort from this office to try and get students to prioritize sports attendance.
    Reading through this thread, I see some good ideas and a lot of passion. Just feel like we're all pizzn in the wind here. After this weekend we have USM on a Thursday and Monroe to close out the season. Nothing new is gonna be done

Next year we lose the west side. Some 15k seats so a 25k seat half stadium in a year we host Gambling and Tulane. We also host Troy Arky State , SAL and an east team probably JMU. These games will all be sell outs or close. If you're Martin Hall would you be pumping monies into promoting when all the tickets are mostly sold already.

I feel like as far as events for football is concerned, The admin is just gonna be on cruise control for the next 3 or 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    The admin is just gonna be on cruise control for the next 3 or 4 years.
    Cruise like Cecil the turtle.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Cruise like Cecil the turtle.
    5mph is still cruise control if that's what you set it for

THE LOUISIANA GAMEDAY EXPERIENCE

1 - Replace the game ticket with the Louisiana Gameday Experience Pass. The Pass now is required to enter the fenced area around Cajun Field(Outer Stadium Wall). That is now your attendance number.

2 - Tailgating remains the same with the exception that any unreserved TG spots are now first come, first served on gameday.

3 - Parking will be similar. There will be a reserved lot right next to the stadium(Inner Stadium Wall) for RCAF members. All other parking is now first come, first served.

4 - Entry into Cajun Field will now only be slowed for Bag checks. Other than that, people can now come and go as they please.

Reading through this thread, I see some good ideas and a lot of passion. Just feel like we're all pizzn in the wind here. After this weekend we have USM on a Thursday and Monroe to close out the season. Nothing new is gonna be done

Next year we lose the west side. Some 15k seats so a 25k seat half stadium in a year we host Gambling and Tulane. We also host Troy Arky State , SAL and an east team probably JMU. These games will all be sell outs or close. If you're Martin Hall would you be pumping monies into promoting when all the tickets are mostly sold already.

I feel like as far as events for football is concerned, The admin is just gonna be on cruise control for the next 3 or 4 years.
    How are you figuring that the conference games next year will be close to sell outs? Even with capacity at 25K, we haven’t been within 6K of that this year. Last year against Troy we barely sold 1/4 of that. Cruise control is the last thing we need right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Who planted the do nothing idea in Jr's head?

SLC was never the source of the tradition.
    Jr is a sports fan. He has seen all levels of football on TV. He signed D2 out of high school. He just knows what looks like to be big time and what it looks like to be 1AA.

Correct I have seen some in student life. We have a bunch of woke liberal women running our school that wants every kid to act like a freaking middle schooler.

I would say the west is closer to 25 than 15 capacity. And the rest without the grass would be closer to 15.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    How are you figuring that the conference games next year will be close to sell outs? Even with capacity at 25K, we haven’t been within 6K of that this year. Last year against Troy we barely sold 1/4 of that. Cruise control is the last thing we need right now.
    Grambling is the first game so normally that would be 31k just for the excitement level. I figured the season ticket sales get a bump from them and Tulane. That lowers the amount of GA tickets available. Once people see that you can't just show up to the stadium at kickoff and buy tickets it'll make the experience more exclusive. We know Lafayette loves it's Instagram bougie. Feel like it will carry over to the other games. If Troy and Sal is good they'll bring a decent crowd keeping the snowball rolling.

Grambling is the first game so normally that would be 31k just for the excitement level. I figured the season ticket sales get a bump from them and Tulane. That lowers the amount of GA tickets available. Once people see that you can't just show up to the stadium at kickoff and buy tickets it'll make the experience more exclusive. We know Lafayette loves it's Instagram bougie. Feel like it will carry over to the other games. If Troy and Sal is good they'll bring a decent crowd keeping the snowball rolling.
    I can't really see... any.. of this happening

They will be playing a dangerous game by asking long time west-side season ticket holders to pony up to sit in the sun, no chair backs, longer vendor lines, etc. If no concessions are made for the reduction in amenities, they'll lose some old timers.

I dont suddenly see us selling more season tickets because of Grambling and Tulane, especially if prices remain the same in a half-demolished stadium..

I do, however, see an amazing opportunity to start building that relationship between long time fans and current students. They'll all be crammed together in one spot. If they continue with same old GameDay experience then a new stadium will probably open to about 15k people.

14. Default Re: What is behind UL football's attendance woes? Numerous obstacles keep fans from Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Jr is a sports fan. He has seen all levels of football on TV. He signed D2 out of high school. He just knows what looks like to be big time and what it looks like to be 1AA.
    No other school has a levee facing the crowd that can display it like Louisiana does so Jr is baseless on this one.

It doesn’t surprise me that she went along with it. Like putty in her hands.

it will be interesting to see how the admin handles that issue. I'm sure they'll try to tie renewing next year into reseating in the renovated west side.

That does look like a nice home schedule for next year though

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information