Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Well we had Poches for lunch on Friday and Sunday and they did not disappoint, we had coctails at Carpe Diem which were good, the cheese plate was nothing to talk about. We had dinner at RocknBowl and the new menu is awesome, they hit it out of the park on that dinner, a little pricey but well worth it. Hit all of the boudin stops and caught a good zydeco band at Artitude Friday and the band at RockBowl was good Friday night. Sat afternoon we wandered and went by campus which looks great now. The additions around Cypress Lake are great and we saw a couple of gators hanging out along the wall. Went by fraternity row and it was actually clean. Went back to Artitude Sat for a while but they had some little hippie dj's playing stuff that it would take lsd to like and ended up at Spoonbill for drinks. Found some great Magnalite at Dales Pawn in Breaux Bridge and filled up a 55 qt and a 25 qt cooler with goodies to bring home. Weather was perfect all weekend and we even played tourist and went on an airboat ride on Sunday before heading home.

Even squeezed in breakfast at Dwyers and Hub City which didn't disappoint. The boudin stuffed omelet was crazy good.

Overall a perfect trip and hated to come home especially since I got home to a crapped out hot water heater and a fried gfi outlet on my deepfreeze, good thing it was still fairly frozen.
    Now I just have to wait for football season to sneak in my next trip

2. Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Same. Add Shucks to the list of places I don’t understand the love for.
    I have relatives from Nebraska who (historically) when they come down to visit made/make Shucks the first stop on their itinerary.

ps I didn't mention anything Abbeville because the original request was for Lafayette.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I have relatives from Nebraska who (historically) when they come down to visit made/make Shucks the first stop on their itinerary.

ps I didn't mention anything Abbeville because the original request was for Lafayette.
    1. Duypys
    2. Richard's patio ( Sketchy is an understatement but great seafood)
    3. River front
    4. Shucks

Bouns Cajun Claws the holy grail of boiled crayfish

4. Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    Well we had Poches for lunch on Friday and Sunday and they did not disappoint, we had coctails at Carpe Diem which were good, the cheese plate was nothing to talk about. We had dinner at RocknBowl and the new menu is awesome, they hit it out of the park on that dinner, a little pricey but well worth it. Hit all of the boudin stops and caught a good zydeco band at Artitude Friday and the band at RockBowl was good Friday night. Sat afternoon we wandered and went by campus which looks great now. The additions around Cypress Lake are great and we saw a couple of gators hanging out along the wall. Went by fraternity row and it was actually clean. Went back to Artitude Sat for a while but they had some little hippie dj's playing stuff that it would take lsd to like and ended up at Spoonbill for drinks. Found some great Magnalite at Dales Pawn in Breaux Bridge and filled up a 55 qt and a 25 qt cooler with goodies to bring home. Weather was perfect all weekend and we even played tourist and went on an airboat ride on Sunday before heading home.

Even squeezed in breakfast at Dwyers and Hub City which didn't disappoint. The boudin stuffed omelet was crazy good.

Overall a perfect trip and hated to come home especially since I got home to a crapped out hot water heater and a fried gfi outlet on my deepfreeze, good thing it was still fairly frozen.
    Now I just have to wait for football season to sneak in my next trip
    Awesomeness

5. Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

We do Shucks

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    We do Shucks
    Then I have seen you there. We eat there 2 or 3 times a month.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    1. Duypys
    2. Richard's patio ( Sketchy is an understatement but great seafood)
    3. River front
    4. Shucks

Bouns Cajun Claws the holy grail of boiled crayfish
    Crabs and crawfish good at Richard's, the buffet leaves alot to be desired.

8. Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Then I have seen you there. We eat there 2 or 3 times a month.
    We probably about 5 or six times a year. We cook at home and rarely eat out, but when we do, it’s pretty more often than not Shucks.

Same. Add Shucks to the list of places I don’t understand the love for.
    I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you. My neighbors kid describes the sassy sauce as life changing. Funny hearing it from a 21 year old kid. My wife complains about shucks because every time she orders fried shrimp in Houston it is a letdown compared to shucks. Needless to say you guys are spoiled in Cajun land with all the great restaurants. Even the golf course at idle wild in Patterson has crazy good food. Great family and food makes for great times. Throw in some football and hopefully this fall will be one we can really appreciate. This fall really has a chance to be even better than last year. Record wins for 2 consecutive years would be fantastic.

10. Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant infoo

Same. Add Shucks to the list of places I don't understand the love for.
    It’s their fried oysters.

We probably about 5 or six times a year. We cook at home and rarely eat out, but when we do, it’s pretty more often than not Shucks.
    Well sorry for calling you Mike a while back. I have never seen Mike there, lol. Alot of times we call in and drive thru and pick up a salad or po boy.

12. Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Well sorry for calling you Mike a while back. I have never seen Mike there, lol. Alot of times we call in and drive thru and pick up a salad or po boy.
    It's ok. I'm not Mike and I'm not like Mike and I have been called many other things and people, like Levi’s dad, a Techster (anyhow I have 2 degrees, neither of which is from there), and many other things or people. But no one will ever know.

13. Default

It’s their fried oysters.
    I have admittedly never had their fried oysters.

Crabs and crawfish good at Richard's, the buffet leaves alot to be desired.
    I'm sketched out by any seafood buffet my wife and I go to Richards on Wednesdays for half off fish and boiled shrimp

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I'm sketched out by any seafood buffet my wife and I go to Richards on Wednesdays for half off fish and boiled shrimp
    I think it pretty impressive that Lagneaux's has been doing it for 40+ years.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information