Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Alumni Association = Stupid Run Organization

Default Re: Alumni Association = Stupid Run Organization

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    I'm thinking bacon wrapped jalapenos and maybe baked oysters Rockefeller. You going?
    I will know for sure by Wednesday. I will call you and let you know.

Maybe if some of you that knew we were playing at Rice in Houston could have been in touch with the Alumni Association (well in advance in your crystal ball) and helped out to get the connections to get a better place at reduced cost so you could walk in for $10 per person we would not be having this discussion.
    You want to always call out the Alumni Association but my gosh the ones that are having the problem sure didn’t make their time and knowledge available to help out.
    Geezus!

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEAUX UL 78 View Post
    Maybe if some of you that knew we were playing at Rice in Houston could have been in touch with the Alumni Association (well in advance in your crystal ball) and helped out to get the connections to get a better place at reduced cost so you could walk in for $10 per person we would not be having this discussion.
    You want to always call out the Alumni Association but my gosh the ones that are having the problem sure didn’t make their time and knowledge available to help out.
    Geezus!
    Stunningly incorrect post.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Stunningly incorrect post.
    And the title of this thread is stunningly incorrect…

5. Default Re: Alumni Association = Stupid Run Organization

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEAUX UL 78 View Post
    Geezus!
    Brother Steveaux, there is a lot of history here that you are not aware of. Would love to get with you one day to discuss and you and to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte the Pirate View Post
    Brother Steveaux, there is a lot of history here that you are not aware of. Would love to get with you one day to discuss and you and to catch up.
    Yes, I know…and I would like to visit as well. Just know I am not getting down on you…and as usual I am sure we can come up with some good vision.
    Wish I would be there this weekend.

Is it common for a host school to stick it to the visiting tailgaters(alumni) like that. Does the AA need a better negotiator?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Is it common for a host school to stick it to the visiting tailgaters(alumni) like that. Does the AA need a better negotiator?
    Again, this is being funded by the LCVC, Lafayette Convention and Visitors Center (hence, no ULL). Who negotiated, unknown. Look at the flyer.

I’m not a fan of our “@Lafayette AA”, but it’s fair to think our tourism office may have possibly cut the deal.

9. Default Re: Alumni Association = Stupid Run Organization

In all fairness, they have been interviewing a new director. No hire yet!

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Again, this is being funded by the LCVC, Lafayette Convention and Visitors Center (hence, no ULL). Look at the flyer.
    Oh well if UL isn’t Paying for it who cares. Haha. Btw I’m not an alum and don’t have a flyer.

In all fairness, they have been interviewing a new director. No hire yet!
    It just seems like example. SLU says they want to setup an alumni tent at Cajun field we would carve them out a spot for free. Or am I wrong again, nothing is free.

12. Default Re: Alumni Association = Stupid Run Organization

Again, this is being funded by the LCVC, Lafayette Convention and Visitors Center (hence, no ULL). Who negotiated, unknown. Look at the flyer.

I’m not a fan of our AA, but it’s fair to think our tourism office may have possibly cut the deal.
    Where did you get that info from? This is not what I have been told.

It just seems like example. SLU says they want to setup an alumni tent at Cajun field we would carve them out a spot for free. Or am I wrong again, nothing is free.
    Where did you get that info from? This is not what I have been told.
    1. Your tax dollars are paying for this.

2. Link to flyer on first page of thread, post 5.

14. Default Re: Alumni Association = Stupid Run Organization

1. Your tax dollars are paying for this.

2. Link to flyer on first page of thread, post 5.
    Your tax dollars. Not mine. This was not in the original memo that was sent to everyone.

I’m not a fan of our “@Lafayette AA”, but it’s fair to think our tourism office may have possibly cut the deal.
    If the LCVC is funding this event, then why are we asking a family of 5 to pay $250 to tailgate for a few hours?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information