Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Alumni Association = Stupid Run Organization

Default Re: Alumni Association = Stupid Run Organization

Unfortunately I am not going to the game but if I did I would have gladly paid the $50 and enjoyed the day knowing the Alumni Association stepped up for tailgate. If you went to the Texas game last year it was really good, really good!
    I think you could have prefaced the title a little better.
    Otherwise, I know the ripping would have occurred if the Alumni Association would not have had an event for this game in Houston. Sometimes you have to bury the hatchet my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    So why complain?
    With this logic, should non-ticket holders for basketball stay quiet regarding Coach Marlin?

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEAUX UL 78 View Post
    Unfortunately I am not going to the game but if I did I would have gladly paid the $50 and enjoyed the day knowing the Alumni Association stepped up for tailgate. If you went to the Texas game last year it was really good, really good!
    I think you could have prefaced the title a little better.
    Otherwise, I know the ripping would have occurred if the Alumni Association would not have had an event for this game in Houston. Sometimes you have to bury the hatchet my friends.
    so because they made minimal effort and a financially untenable agreement they should be applauded? that is dumbass thinking at its finest. AA is notoriously badly run. this is no different. on just about every front that concerns business decisions this university is a joke. thank god the teams are winning [maggard and billy and deggs mostly] because i could only imagine the monsoon of complaining. you think 2 thousand members in rcaf is bad wait until Des looses a game. just listen to what the fans are talking about when they attend games. its bad everywhere but on the field

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    With this logic, should non-ticket holders for basketball stay quiet regarding Coach Marlin?
    He is complaining about an organization not about a particular sport. If you are an RCAF member and your donation is spreaded across all sports then you can complain.

He is complaining about an organization not about a particular sport.
    hes not complaining. this poster is bringing attention to the same damn problems weve dealt with since the 60s. bad business decisions. bad leadership in crucial outreach areas

Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte the Pirate View Post
    They are charging $50 per person to get into their tent on Saturday at Rice. First of all Rice charged them $10000 fee to set it up. Plus they have to pay an additional $2500 to the City of Houston for a tourist fee. Now the University is not going to cover this. So they are charging $50 per person to cover their idiot agreement. As of Friday they only had 14 sign up. Plus they sent out notices and UL Lafayette everything. We have a message problem big time!! I do not work with idiots!!!!
    More people might sign up if they…I don’t know…sent out an email notification about it?

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    hes not complaining. this poster is bringing attention to the same damn problems weve dealt with since the 60s. bad business decisions. bad leadership in crucial outreach areas
    He is calling an organization stupid. He is complaining.

$50 is a good deal per person tailgating when all you have to do is arrive and enjoy! I’ll pay for the convenience. AA has always done a great job with away game tailgates.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte the Pirate View Post
    They changed all of there references from UL Lafayette to Louisiana. Someone must have gotten the memo. I have been on a fight on LinkedIn with the University. I believe we are winning.
    No, they didn’t get the memo. AA is not the sponsor, LVCC is.

Will Jeaux also have the boiled crabs?
    I'm thinking bacon wrapped jalapenos and maybe baked oysters Rockefeller. You going?

Keep drinking your boones farm…

So spend $12,500 before you even cook anything and you have 14 signed up. $700.

You would need 250 people at $50 just to cover the $12,500. Then you need a lot of food.

13. Default Re: Alumni Association = Stupid Run Organization

Let’s put Jacob in charge. Looks like he has a handle on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    So spend $12,500 before you even cook anything and you have 14 signed up. $700.

You would need 250 people at $50 just to cover the $12,500. Then you need a lot of food.
    I have no first hand knowledge of anything, but if these numbers are even close to accurate, its comically bad.

15. Default Re: Alumni Association = Stupid Run Organization

He is calling an organization stupid. He is complaining.
    Again, stating facts!!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information