Poll: Do you support Albineaux the Gator?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    No but they have the Wolverine claw stripe on their helmets. A visual marker. They also have some claw logos.

I haven't seen, anyone including Corey present a physical mascot yet, but he has come up with a really cool visual marker.. (and no that does not mean it needs to go on the helmet)

He is doing this in stages.

Right now its, about connecting what has always been "alligators on campus" with the imagination of what can be.
    Yes but isn’t the mascot argument about having a costume to get kids engaged at games and maybe school visits to get them involved?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Yes but isn’t the mascot argument about having a costume to get kids engaged at games and maybe school visits to get them involved?
    Exactly both works hand in hand. It is associated with Louisiana and also trying to get the younger generation excited about Ragin Cajun athletics and us being the University of Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    No but they have the Wolverine claw stripe on their helmets. A visual marker. They also have some claw logos.

I haven't seen, anyone including Corey present a physical mascot yet, but he has come up with a really cool visual marker.. (and no that does not mean it needs to go on the helmet)

He is doing this in stages.

Right now its, about connecting what has always been "alligators on campus" with the imagination of what can be.
    No, those are actually wings. They were brought over from Princeton by Fritz Crisler in 1938. Crisler thought this would help quarterbacks recognize receivers downfield.

Yes, they tried a wolverine about 100 years ago, but it didn't work.

https://collegefootballnetwork.com/w...have-a-mascot/

https://mgoblue.com/news/2009/7/20/M..._Winged_Helmet

Let's be honest...Corey has at least implied from the start this is basically about stuffed animals for sale at retail outlets and having somebody in a costume on the sidelines.

In the KLFY article a few weeks ago, he actually used the word "mascot." In the subsequent KATC article, he changed the word to "spirit leader."

https://www.klfy.com/local/lafayette...s-next-mascot/

https://www.katc.com/news/local-news...te-inclusivity

I don't think this was anything manipulative or underhanded on his part. The very conversation is going to lead to some confusion.

Now, I do think it is incumbent on him to go back to those two outlets (and social media as well) to make that distinction and he is in fact talking about stuffed animals and a costumed cheerleader.

4. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Spirit leaders do that yes, and Michigan didn't get where they are without one.

Granted they have a legacy identity, and atmosphere and many say they no longer need it.

In all honesty though Michigan has a whole different set of problems. No mascot is going to match the imagination of Marvel's Wolverine so they feel its better to let the mascot live in their head.

5. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    No, those are actually wings. They were brought over from Princeton by Fritz Crisler in 1938. Crisler thought this would help quarterbacks recognize receivers downfield.

Louisiana wore the same helmet in the 1940's

Im talking about what it has become, not its first origin.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

No, you said there were wolverine claws on the helmets to make your point.

This is patently false. Those aren't claws. They are wings.

To KK's point, if this is about something/somebody to engage with in various manners, Michigan is not a good comparison. (At least I think that is what his point was.)

7. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    No, you said there were wolverine claws on the helmets to make your point.

This is patently false. Those aren't claws. They are wings.

To KK's point, if this is about something/somebody to engage with in various manners, Michigan is not a good comparison. (At least I think that is what his point was.)
    No body see wings, they were wings for Princeton and Fritz Crislerthe, they became claws for Michigan.

Pictures say a 1000 words.

8. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

don't know of anything with three wings (other then the 3 wing dinner at pope yes)

All I am going to say about this Michigan argument is that Michigan is the Wolverine state. Which goes along with being Michigan, there nickname solidified the Michigan name.

In the same respect a Gator would help us solidify the Louisiana name.

10. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Gator would help us solidify the Louisiana name.
    No doubt.

Time to let "Louisiana Lightning" strike ... sorry that's just another nickname "Gator" had.

11. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

I would like to know if life imitated art or art imitated life with the infusion of Marvel-esk Wolverine claws

Marvel's Wolverine has similar coloring with the costume coloring in the three yellow strikes into one solid color and placing wings outside of the helmet but not yellow.

Since a wolverine would never have wings I can't help but see some influence.

12. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Has there ever in the history of Louisiana been an issue where any modicum of measurement has resulted in a showing of 80% consensus within this fan base?

13. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Has there ever in the history of Louisiana been an issue where any modicum of measurement has resulted in a showing of 80% consensus within this fan base?
    This is not lost on me. I’ll make sure to kneel by my bedside tonight to give thanks for all the love and support that has been shown to me on this forum. To all of you, thank you.

I already said this on Twitter and I’ll say it here. School is starting back up for me, so I’ll have to go back to primarily focusing on my studies. I also have really special film that I think will make Louisiana proud and I want to make sure it gets its needed attention. I have labeled all of this as Phase 2 for Albineaux. It has been more successful than I imagine. I think people across Acadiana are really starting to see the vision. I just did an interview with the news that will be a part of one last push from Phase 2.

After this final push, I have one last request to everyone who voted yes on here. Make Albineaux yours. I’m not the Alumni Assoc. asking you for money. I’m not the RCAF asking for donations. I’m not Krewe Allons asking for NIL dollars. I’m one of you (a diehard Ragin Cajun fan that will never transfer out) just trying to use my talents to finally GIVE you something. If you make him yours, share your vision with others. Help, emphasize on help not criticize, anyone who’s not convinced yet, see what you see. This survey is proof of what is possible if people see Albineaux with all of his context.

If we embrace this challenge as a community, all of us could be on the edge of writing another beautiful chapter in the history of The University of Louisiana.

14. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Geaux Cajuns! 🤟

Attached Images Attached Images  

15. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

How can anyone look at this and not say “WE GOT TO HAVE DAT”

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information